April 17, 2014 | 1739 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Top Coat

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by PolishedPinay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually threw out the contents of my bottle and bought the bigger salon refill, thinking I just got a bad batch. Turns out, this top coat really is quite horrible. Yes it's shiny and application is easy but it bubbles like crazy! Not the quality you'd expect from OPI. Since I have so much of it now, I'm just trying to finish it off by patiently applying very thin coats. That's the only way I can tolerate this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by boringlauren

Ick. I hate this stuff. Costs $9 now. It dried relatively quickly for me. I was able to take a shower about an hour or two after I applied it, but it bubbles like crazy. I rolled the bottle before I used it and it still made my nails bubble. It is nice and glossy, but it also does not prevent against chipping. I put it on yesterday and I've got 3 serious chips and tip wear on all of my other nails. 0/10 would not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by missviridian

In terms of glossiness, it does the job. I find it smooths out any uneven-ess in my nail polish and makes it look done and neat. The applicator is easy to hold and the wide brush allows for easy application of the top coat. The top coat also dries pretty quickly. However, I have an issue with the bubbles it creates on my manicure and the fact that two coats are needed to achieve more glossiness (which is how I like my nails to look). Though it is a decent top coat it just isn't worth it for the price. I would probably go for Seche Vite or Sally Hansen.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by flyingpenguin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Don't. Just don't get it. I don't care if I happened to get some old bottle or what but this smells like old fish. omg yuuuggghhh! So it will smell like old fish at some point in time. Emptying it out and washing out with np remover for frankenpolishes because OPI's ProWide brush is awesome, but this top coat reeks. (Same price as other OPI polishes, but I got this for free w/OPI base coat purchase.)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by adm71csu

it's OK but takes FOREVER to dry. i always got sheet marks the next morning even after waiting hours for it to dry. i had for about 2 months and used it about once per week, when it got all gloopy and unuseable. then i wasted another $12 on the OPI thinner and that did absolutely nothing to restore the polish, no matter how many drops i used. i had to throw it out. thankfully i found Seche and it's SO much better!! i most definitely wouldn't repurchase OPI's top coat, or even use again even if it was free.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by kikilala112

Leaves bedsheet marks with my OPI Big Apple Red. Did not realise that this has always been a problem for OPI top coat as I've always used it with light colours that are not noticeable at all.

The brush picks up the colours as well which i would assume it would smear nail arts.

All in all, would not purchase nor would i use it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by bracelet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This top coat is just alright to me - the only redeeming factor is that it is super glossy and shiny. It started getting thick and goopy about halfway into the bottle, but it might be fixable by adding nail polish thinner to it?

I think the top coat prevents chips pretty well for me, I don't have any complaints about it there.

If it wasn't so thick and took so long to dry, I would love it.

edit: This probably goes for all nail polishes, but beware if you lay it on thick -- it will bubble like crazy.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by PetitOwl

I did not like this top coat at all. I waited and waited and it did not dry. I finally went to sleep and woke up to find that my nails had gotten dented. I admit that all the fast drying top coats have gotten me spoiled, but this top coat didn't dry even after several hours. I thought this product was expensive since it's about the price of regular OPI polishes and performs so poorly that it is useless.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

It does what it says, as in is a decent effective top coat but is expensive in Australia for the amount you get. Not amazing, but not bad either. Will be up to you to try out whether or not this will suit your budget, or if something cheaper might do the same job at a better price.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by MissusH123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This nail polish takes a long time to dry, is way too thick and after time gets bubbles in it which looks weird on top of nail polish. The consistency was just horrible. I won't recommend this to anybody.