October 24, 2014 | 1656 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Top Coat

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by harrup

Completely agree with all the negative reviews. Terrible top coat, the worst I have ever tried. Takes forever to dry, horrible consistency, its an allrounf rubbish product. Avoid at all costs.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the worst topcoat I have used. It does not even completely dry and I have woken up with sheetmarks on my nails. While it is thick and goes on shiny, the shine doesn't last. It also doesn't do much to protect nail color and you have to refresh it every other day. This topcoat also bubbles up and it is hard to remove. I'm still mad at myself for spending $9 on this stuff. I will not be buying this topcoat again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by withlovemelanie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is not as awful as everyone has been saying, but for the price, it definitely isn't excellent. My problem isn't the drying time so much as it is the fact that even after it's try, it wears at the tips very, very, very easily. It is not that bad in terms of drying time as long as the layers underneath are completely dry. My advice though - don't purchase it. It's an awful product for OPI to release and I bought it on sale for only $6 and I still think it was a waste of my money.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by damsel19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Expensive, Gloopy and takes such a long time to dry. Will never buy again

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2014 4:57:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

Terrible terrible topcoat.

I want the following from a top coat: 1. Goes on smoothly, 2. Dries quickly, 3. Leaves nails shiny and 4. Makes polish last

This one goes on smoothly, that's absolutely it. Doesn't make nails look any better than polish alone, doesn't make polish last longer before chipping and takes forever to dry.
Love OPI but this product is a waste.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by risris89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Worse top coat. It takes forever to dry and even after a couple hours, it still gets dent marks. Definitely not as shiny as I had expected. Wish I had read the reviews before I purchased this polish. Truly a waste. Will be sticking with my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri clear top coat polish...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by AidaP

it's very good when used as a ridge filler.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by macshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Most disappointing top coat. I thought top coats were pretty innocuous. The bottle hardened way to quick. It took forever for my nails to dry, and became very thick and gelatinous very quickly. It was gross. After 5 to 6 uses, the cap became immensely difficult to take off. Would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by AgentSometime

Yeah, this sucks. After a couple of uses, it has become way too thick and whenever I take the brush out of the bottle, it leaves little strings behind. It takes FOREVER to dry. I always end up getting dings or smudges in my polish long after I've applied this.

I also have this weird problem where the cap is really hard to take off and put back on and it seems like the black from the cap has chipped off into the polish so now there's black flecks all in it and it gets on my nails sometimes.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by kaylacxo101

Literally IT CREATES BUBBLES ON YOUR NAILS. WITHOUT THIS COAT IT DOESN'T HAVE BUBBLES, BUT WITH IT IT HAS LITLE EXPLODED BUBBLES! Ugh. On the bright side, yeah it creates shine. Not worth it