October 23, 2014 | 900 users online

Eye Shadow - Bare Escentuals - Glimmer in Queen Phyllis

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by IcePrincess21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I didn't even know this was on MUA Top Picks! I bought this before because I wanted an everyday neutral shimmery eyeshadow. It's a very beautiful fine, gold, shimmery, beige pigment.I love using it over a Revlon cream eyeshadow as a base. It's really easy to apply and you can't really make an error putting it on, unlike colored eye shadows. The only thing I recommend is wearing a creamy base underneath so the shimmer pigment has something to stick to.

Overall, worth the price if you're into shimmer and simplicity!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by greengirl110

This is a very pretty color! It definitely is a champagne shimmer as other reviewers have noted. The color is understated but manages to really brighten up your eye. I usually wear this as a base with other shadows on top, but if I'm in a rush, I use just this and gives my eyes a nice pop. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by kinonyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh so sad--I am in the minority as this just didn't work on me at all. It's kind of a beige-y gold, very close to my natural skin color and therefore not really enough zing to make a difference. From far off, it looks almost like a pale champagne frost which is a look I really hate on myself. Odd because I love pale neutrals but somehow on me (PPP, cool to neutral) this just had a dull, too-pale look. Sorry, Queen Phyllis! You will go back to beauty.com.

By the way, I don't find the packaging as bad as everyone else says. My overall complaint is that the holes don't release enough product. I have to shake and shake to get enough. But I'm not carrying it around with me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by sofka

I admit I bought this product after reading how awesome it was on MUA. I am definately not disappointed (I can say I have now ordered another 2 shades - Bare Skin and Sex kitten), but I am still experimenting with application.
The colour is nice, subtle gold that somehow manages to blend into my natural skincolour at the same time... It really shows up when I move.
I use a fluffy blush to apply it and when applied as a single layer it gives a slight veil and an overall iridiscent shining effect. Applied with a damp brush (or, in my case, a finger) it is a rich foiling effect without going heavy on eyes... The only problem is that I cant seem to find an occasion where I could wear such foiled effect...
Many people complain about the pot. You gotta be careful not to spill the stuff. I dont mind it though, coz I dont carry the shadows around with me. I dont really need to- it lasts all day.
Definately buying again if ever need to and buying more shades from BE mineral eyeshadow range.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by maw0808

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hands down, one of the best eyeshadows. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the product. I do wish the packaging had a sifter, but if you poke a pinhole through instead of removing the sticker, you will be in better shape. But, color goes with everything, everday, no matter where you are going. AND you can foil it for nighttime wear! Don't want to ever be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 2:08:00 AM More reviews by frozen_rain

I bought this eyeshadow based on the reviews. I am glad I did; I find myself reaching for it every day. The colour/shimmer is just oh too pretty. This makes my eyes pop, but the shimmer is subtle and understated enough to make me feel elegant. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by meganmomoney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Queen phyllis is a beautiful highlight or all over lid color. It's a pretty pale golden ivory shimmer. It's one of my favorite colors from bare minerals, and I own a lot. I love glimmers because they are super shimmery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Rezarific

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The BE mineral eyecolors do need a primer for full effect and longevity on most (98%) people, including me; Too Faced Shadow Insurance or Urban Decay's primer will work just fine, but BE's primer is good too (if you have another primer you like, feel free to stick with it). That being said, I love the texture, blendability, and longevity of these corgeous eyeshadows. I can never have enough of them. They require some more application time than compact-based eyecolors, but they're worth it when you have the time. Surprisingly little fallout for a powder.

Queen Phyllis is a great color, works with lots of BE shadows, and is a must-have for BE wearers. Great wardrobe staple, as it were.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by gdnitemoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best everyday eyeshadow. Period.
Annoying b/c it's mineral and if you don't screw on that top before you throw it in your makeup bag, you will get a bad surprise.

But the color. OOOHhhhhh the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by mmandecka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this eyeshadow. I am running out and this has lasted me for months! Like others commented this is the perfect blend between a cream and gold color. It is so pretty. I have other eyeshadows that are in the same color category but nothing compares to this. LOVE THIS! I will be getting another pot here shortly. EDIT: I would recommend using an eye primer with this eyeshadow since it does crease a bit but then again i have oily eyelids so who know. The two faced clear shadow insurance makes this color pop and makes it stay true on the eyelid, love it!