October 23, 2014 | 1670 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad - Precious Metals

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by az1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love these products! I bought based on an article I read in Glamour recommending it as the gold as a base. I don't wear these eyeshadows without a shadow over it. It looks gorgeous and as expensive as Armani by the time I add eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Vivaglamgaga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this palette!! !I us it daily!!! the only thing thats not great is that it creases if you put a bit of eyeshodow over it.(My favorit is the light champagn colour)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by lindslou

Do NOT buy if you want it for a solid eyeshadow. I only use for a eyeshadow base or an eyeliner like on eyelid, right above top lashes. The silver color looks really nice if you take a skinny brush and line your eyelid with it like you would eyeliner! That's my favorite thing to do with this. And thats about all it is good for. If you want to use for an eyeshadow, do not buy. It creases WAY too quickly. Probably after about 15 minutes (maybe not even that) even with a primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by hnn

This eyeshadow palette is too frosty in my opinion. The darkest color is a frosty sienna brown, and next to it - frosty cool taupe, golden yellow, and a medium gray color whose frost makes it look like a light gray. I do like the golden yellow color the most, and though all eyeshadows are creamy and soft to the touch, I think this is why they crease so easily. They are pigmented, but the frost does not look flattering.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by pinkash1283

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted so badly to like this product but it creases too quickly for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by twilightxstarx123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

These looked so pretty in the packaging, so I had to buy them. But if you apply them alone without anything under them, you will end up with glittery greasy shine on your lids. So I don't recommend it if you were going to use it for that purpose.

BUT if you use an eyeshadow underneath these and just lightly dab a little bit of the cream on top, WOW the eyeshadow just pops and it gives just the right amount of shimmer. OR you could use the cream underneath the eyeshadow and the color of the shadow comes out much more pigmented. Either way, they look beautiful.

So donít wear these alone! Use them as a base underneath other shadows or on top of shadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2011 3:28:00 AM More reviews by annalee123456

This cream eyeshadow is easy to apply on and great for a quick-on-the-go looks. The bad things about this product are it creases within 3-4 hours, it is super shimmery, which may not be good for everyday. I've worn this with and without eyeshadow primer (I used UDPP, TFSI, elf mineral eyeshadow primer), and this still creases :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by vstpink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was actually surprised how good this was for the price. It costs about 5-6$, and there are 4 cream shadows. It's called Precious Metals but they somewhat remind me of the nighttime.
So, first off the shadows don't feel heavy. They're pretty light and not watery or solid. I use my finger to apply, since I tried using a brush and it was WAY too hard to get off. I just spin it in a circular motion and put it on my lid. I wouldn't use it lighty since it can make creases. So I put it on relatively dark.
All of the shadows have some sort of glitter/shimmer. The silver is shimmery, but still dark if you use a good amount.The yellowish gold is actually just gold and has shimmers. It looks very nice mixed with the bronze, which is natural in a shimmery sort of way (that didn't make sense). The last color is maroon/brown/silver. It look very nice and could look great with thick lashes.
The packing is fair enough, but the first time I opened it, I made a dent in the shadows. I think they should put the shadow where the mirror is.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 5:56:00 AM More reviews by beibeilei

All of these colors are very wearable. I especially love the silver and gold (first 2 colors from the left). These are shimmery cream shadows. Very smooth, creamy, and easy to blend. It dries to a nice finish on its own or I sometimes use it as a base too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Blingbling07

I have had this product.. for... almost 2 years! And yes i still have it and use it almost everyday! I wasn't really into makeup a couple years ago, but i wanted something for my eyes, that's easy, quick, and pretty. This was perfect, Since this is a cream shadow, sometimes i just put this all over the lid and i'm good to go! but now that i do pay attention to makeup, i know that it probably creased like crazy alone, so i dug this up, because i stopped using it for a while, and i came back to it because i needed a base. the copper color fits my skin tone, and is perfect for whatever look i'm doing! Underneath shadows, this surprisingly doesn't crease that badly for a drugstore cream shadow. I mean sure, it probably don't last all day, but well over half a day, and that's really good for a $5 product.
I like these, the only thing is that they are super super glittery, so i don't use a lot, i'm almost done with this one, and would probably like to try another color!