Caron Pour un Homme de Caron

4.6

on 6/20/2008 7:23:00 PM

While I believe that gender categories in fragrance are a meaningless marketing ploy, Caron Pour un Homme is the only so-called men's fragrance that I wear. It's my favorite of that bunch, next to Dior Eau Sauvage. It opens with a fresh blue rush of lavender, which could have been rather cliched without the interesting drydown. There's something doughy, bread-like about it. Is there a such thing as a lavender-vanilla-flavored bread? That's what Pour un Homme smells like. In a fragrance market where a frightening proportion of "men's" scents smell like metal and fake ocean air, this is a real treat.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Caron Pour un Homme (ou une Femme :-) de Caron. I am surprised this is not marketed as unisex, it works very well on women. I love the refreshing lavender opening and the comforting (not too sweet) vanilla drydown. I wear it all year round when I want something inoffensive and casual.

An olfactory hug.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am very picky about my lavender scents. Some are too sharp, some too green, some too medicinal, some too manly, etc. I don't like the fabled SL lavender and incense scent one bit, for example. I want my lavender to be soft, snuggly and to embrace me in a soothing, cuddly way. I want to breathe it in and see lavender fields, warm from the sun and let the aromatherapy ease my stress in one sniff. Is that too much to ask? Well, I thought AT Reverie had the corner market on smooth, sweet lavender to lull me into sleep, but now there is a new contender - the misleadingly named Pour un Homme de Caron! I don't find this masculine at all! I think it smells like a sweet dusting of powder and vaniila over dried bundles of lavender. Absolutely heavenly and available for a steal. Sweet dreams for me, indeed!

on 3/4/2007 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this!! Got a 125ml/4.2 fl oz bottle for $60 CND after some shopping around & a discount. This is like a sophisticated grown-up version of the lavender vanilla bath & body products that I love so much! My boyfriend says it smells familiar but oh so good!! I find the scent last all day, very soft, non-cloying. Can't wear too many scents as many of them give me a headache, but I love this one & can wear it all day long!

I want to try Caron L'Impact next as it is supposed to be the EDP version of this, but I don't have access to it as of yet!

on 2/3/2006 8:29:00 PM

Great honkin' bottle of Caron, I can't believe how gigantic this flacon is! I suppose that men have larger hands, but I'm having difficulty spraying the bottle because is so big :).

That said, it would take a really secure guy to pull this one off. I have a friend that this would smell fantastic on, but he can't have it cause it's mine, mine, mine!

I was never a fan of lavender, but after getting Perlier's lavendeer foam bath, I've been looking for something to replicate that smell. This seems to fit the bill, and I suspect I'll like it even better when the weather warms up. Soft, lavender, vanilla, snuggly. I do like this, and would probably repurchase, but I can't imagine that bottle EVER running out...

I think lavender is a pretty difficult fragrance to mess up, though it could just be a scent that always works for me. Anyway, this is a lovely lavender that dries down to a soft vanilla amber--“doll‘s head“ was an appropriate comparison. I like those three notes, and they‘re well blended here, so I like this. It’s soft, elegant, calm and consistent. Though I like this on me--and I haven’t smelled Pour Femme, I can’t imagine that I’d like this on a man. I like more masculine fragrances on men. The Boyfriend absolutely hated it. HAAY-TED. He said it smelled like a men's locker room. He prefers John Varvatos, and so do I.

on 11/10/2005 3:13:00 PM

This is the most wearable everyday Caron I own. It's a real morpher--wet it starts with an almost medicinal blast of lavender, but that quickly fades into a vanillic warm amber base with a bit of lavender floating on top. Unexpected from sniffing the bottle, but quite lovely, and to me very reminiscent of POTL although less sweet/almondy. It's a sophisticated, slightly complex, but warm and deliciously unfoody drydown. I have the 4.2 oz bottle, masculine design and pleasingly hefty. If I ever win another gift certificate, I want the honkin-big 85-dollar 30-oz VAT of this.

on 8/18/2005 5:18:00 PM

This is a fragrance which restores my faith in miracles. I am not a huge lavender fan and I was skeptical to say the least when I was told that Pour un Homme would morph from a lavender to a soft, sweet ambery vanilla scent. I was even more skeptical when I put it on and it was a *powerful* blast of antiseptic lavender. My cynicism appeared to be justified a half hour later when it was still all lavender - softer lavender, but still, no suggestion that the lavender was ever going to recede gracefully. However, they do say you can't rush the cosmos and before an hour was up the olfactory miracle occurred and this became the deliciously soft amber vanilla scent that I'd been told it would. Yes, something of the doughy feel of L'Artisan's Jour de Fete doughy accord. Absolutely beautiful. I need to go light some candles.

on 8/15/2005 1:15:00 PM

The fragrance unchanged since 1934 still features that inimitable harmonization of the most beautiful Alpes de Provence lavenders on a base of vanilla, amber and precious wood. OLFACTIVE FAMILY: Amber, musk, lavender, vanilla, essence of  lavender, absolute of  lavender. Aromatic amber.
INCREDIBLE! What a pleasant surprise. I am so lucky to have tried this as it is now on my immediate bottle wishlist. This is a strong green lavender at first, very true to the flower. Then almost immediately it dries down to a gorgeous skin scent suitable for a man or woman. Very warm, very slightly powdery, slightly soapy, vanilla-y, slightly doughy. Simply divine! continued >>

on 8/2/2005 5:33:00 PM

I love this. I love the drydown. Cosy but sensual rather than sexy. My fave man's scent to wear on a woman.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Black Code