July 25, 2014 | 1096 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Sumo Tech

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 9:44:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

On my second one. I love the fresh scent, the matte finish and the hold. Growing out my bangs, and this gives perfect hold without making my hair stiff, or flaky. Will continue to purchase this great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Courtloux128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This gives great texture and control without being greasy. It also has a matte finish which I like and the jar lasts forever since it doesn't take much to work.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by marley100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this a lot, though it worked a little better before I got a thinned-out cut to make my hair flip a lot more out at the ends. (I have straight hair that's fine, but I have a lot of it.) Where it never used to weigh my hair down at all, now it can if I use too much. Usually I don't like scented products, but the smell on this is so fabulous, clean and long-lasting.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2008 1:45:00 PM More reviews by featheredgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just chopped off all of my hair and am using a pomade for the 1st time in years. This offers texture without being sticky or stiff and it wears very well throughout the day. It does not offer a lot of control or hold but that's not a deal breaker for me - I'd rather have a more natural look. Why is this not a "5" for me? I don't really like the smell and I suspect I could get something similar for a cheaper price. Overall, I think I like this product and would probably re-purchase, unless I stumble upon a better-smelling product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by YaddaYaddaYadda

I've been using this for about a year now, ever since I cut my hair short. It's very nice, though not all that different from other styling waxes (like Fiber). I love the scent -- light and clean. It gives nice body and control to my hair, without being stiff or sticky (unless I use too much). It is, however, a bit stiff if I use it on damp hair. A jar lasts for about 3-4 months or so of daily use (I use a small, pea-sized dab, rubbed between my palms before applying it to my hair).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by kyasha

with shoulder length hair, this product provides definition to my frayed layers. It also helps to add more volume to the top. I warm the product between my palms, then swish it over my hair. Then I use my fingertips to apply small amounts to the ends of my hair. Great smell.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by rutgutpoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this based on the reviews here and hate it. I dug a tiny plug of this wax out of the fancy jar and dabbed it on my long fine hair and could not understand why I should be using it.
It is very hard, just like unmelted parafin wax which I believe is what it is. I tried warming it up to melt it in my hands but I think my hands would have to be at least 200 degrees to liquify this enough to be usable in my hair.
I was hoping for some hold and frizz control, or some definition or something, but spreading solid wax on my hair is not the answer.
And I feel really ripped off as I paid about $20 for this pretty jar of wax.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2006 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Jeff3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Probably my favorite wax/paste product, at least for now. It performs basically the same as the other waxes/pastes (dirt, fiber, etc.), but it has a really neat, unique scent that I like.

I use a pea sized amount, rub it between my hands and put it into the hair, then repeat however many times necessary. It gives a little bit of a "dirty" look and can help the hair clump together or control it.

My hair is really fine, and the product does weigh it down somewhat (but pretty much all products with weight do). Sometimes I mix some hairspray with it so that it has more hold.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2006 10:57:00 PM More reviews by xt73

Great for definition. Is a little stiff/thick at first. It works better if you have slightly damp hands. Dab on ends of hair for curl definition or for styling bangs that you are trying to grow out.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2006 1:52:00 AM More reviews by fashion12340

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used some other B&B products before, like Surf Spray (love it!), and decided to try the Sumo Tech. I must agree that this is a really great styling wax because it isn't greasy and it gives good hold. With fine hair, and lots of it, I found that medium hold waxes wouldn't last all day, but this one does. And, when I was in the salon the other day buying the tub, a stylist gave me a GREAT tip. She said if you just wet your hands a little, and then run them through your hair, the water will re-activate the wax and you can restyle, fluff, whatever. This tip worked for me, and like the stylist said: it gives you a good reason to play with your hair all day.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No