September 2, 2014 | 1911 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This blot powder is ok for blotting in an emergency if you have no other option. Do not use the sponge - definitely use a brush! If I put it on, I had to blend it in so much, but it still looked white. I used this at weddings and other events, and my face looked especially white in photos because of the flash. You have to be careful with this product - I would rather use a tinted mineral powder for the very few times I do need to use this. I won't buy it again as I am sure I can find something better to use!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by xoxoskylar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is AMAZING. If you have oily skin of any kind you need this, It literally keeps my face oil free all day. Do not cake this all of your face you just need a powder brush and lightly brush it over you face. If you see a little shine during the day take the little blot circle that comes with it and lightly blot. Overall, it an amazing product that i cant live without and i defintley recommend it. ((:

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by rhazim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Officially my new HG powder. Keeps me matte literally all day, it's amazing.
I only wish it had a little more colour though, for those days when there's no time for liquid foundation...But all in all, the best powder i've used...trumps my previous HG Lancome Color Ideal Pressed Powder in terms of keeping the oilies away!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG pressed powder. Excellent at keeping my skin matte when used over foundation. The packaging is nice and simple. I've been using this for about 10 years and will continue to repurchase for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by sarahmcqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually got this as an exchange when returning mineralize skin finish natural in medium which looked really pink on me. They didn't have the light-plus shade in msfn which I read is better suited to my skin tone (NC20-25), so I went for blot powder instead. SO GLAD that I did. I live in 40C (over 100F) heat and humidity and I have very oily skin as it is. This is an absolute godsend. I wear it on it's own over my moisturizer with a bit of blush. I got it in medium/dark. This shade looks great on me, and even though it doesn't deposit much color onto the skin it somehow evens me out and makes me look about 5 years younger and really fresh. It doesn't dry my skin out or cause flakiness, even though I use it over a hardcore oil-control moisturizer (which wasn't doing the job on it's own - that's how oily I am). It also blurs out my massive pores. It's truly amazing and I absolutely recommend it to anyone with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by DollyMac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder & used it since last month. And my opinion about this powder is that..

I absolutely-lutely-lutely-lutely LOVE it! It works like wonders ;)
I use it before I apply my MSFN Powder in Medium Plus, it seriously controls my oils very well! Just one more touch up & the rest of the day I'm good. There was NO other product like this one. I will be buying this again after I run out :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I love this powder! This is my new HG. This powder controls oil better than anything else I've ever tried. The medium-dark matched my skin tone the best. I tested the oil control/lasting power of my makeup by wearing this to work from morning until night. It was AMAZING. My face stayed oil free for pretty much the whole day (about 8 hours) without any touch ups. After about 8 hours, very little shine was glowing through. But, it wasn't a nasty oily shine, it was more like a nice, natural dewyness...which I don't mind at all & I actually prefer it. This even made my blush last a lot longer too. I'm impressed. This did NOT make me look orange either, which is a MAJOR deal breaker for me. The only thing I will say is that this will make you look cakey if you use too much, which can easily be done without realizing at first. I would also reccommend that you go one color up than usual. I bought this in the color Medium the first time, & it ended up being way too light for my skin, so I had to exchange it for Medium-Dark. So, this isn't completely translucent. Even though this is expensive, ($23 to be exact), I will still keep buying this. This powder is perfect for me. I also used Matte FX by Cover FX, & I like this one way better. The sponge this comes with isn't the best way to apply this. A brush works way better, & makes my face look airbrushed in conjuction with this powder. Highly Reccommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

I'm on like the 4th or the 5th compact of this.
I'm NC 30 and med/dark is perfect for me.
This is one of those products that I always have in my collection. I apply this all over my face with a big fluffy brush after foundation application and it sets everything and takes all the shin away.
My favourite pressed powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by totallylove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my staples! Works without feeling heavy or messing up your blush or concealer. Also, it lasts forever and is a great price. It does not do enough to be used as your only face powder, but is great for a mid day or night time touch up. Lasts for hours!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As many other people on here, I was surprised that the SA reccomended the medium/dark one for me (i'm an NC15), but when she applied it, it looked nice, so i bought it.
I don't only use it for blotting, but also for setting my foundation in the morning. It works very well and I feel it evens out my skintone a bit too, but I don't see a huge difference to cheaper products.
I like the packaging though and it is convenient to use on the go.