September 23, 2014 | 1800 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Barbarella

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by shumster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Love this color, it's my perfect nude lipstick because my lips still retain some color. All other "nude" lipsticks such as Nars Honolulu Honey and Revlon Nearly Nude make me look I mistook my concealer for a lipstick. Staying power is average, nothing impressive. The drawback is that Nars lipsticks are expensive and I go through a tube fairly quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by hyim521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so happy I found this even though it wasn't QUITE what I was looking for. I wanted a cool peach with a hint of strong orange in it. This one is more of a warm pastel peach on my lips. But still, it's one of the best peach/orange lipstick I've found.

I like to apply it matte with just a little bit of lip balm over it. With some gold eyeshadow and eyeliner on my eyes, I look really clean, fresh, and natural - but also elegant. It's also really pretty with my clear Lancome Juicy Tube applied over it, but turns my lips more coral and splashy.

Anyway, it's pretty sheer and subtle, and the warm peach color shows up really well. I'm really pale and orange tones can make my skin look either pasty or dirty for some reason, but Barbarella lights up my skin and makes it look flawless. The only problem I have with Barbarella is that the color fades rather quickly (1-2 hours).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by estoker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't understand all the bad reviews on this lipstick; I love it! Sure, it's sheer, but that makes it really wearable on my NW15 skin. It definitely isn't going to give you a neon tangerine pop, but it makes lips look very fresh, supple and sweetly peachy. I wear it with NARS' Luster blush, which his kind of a hazy golden apricot, and it looks super sunny and perfect for springtime. I can see this lipstick wearing very well with bronzers and gold/summery makeup looks. Just be aware that it's not at all opaque, and gives more of a suggestion of peachy pop than super bright neon coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by tropicanahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this lip formula, it is smooth, opaquely matte, moist and long lasting. I got this color as a gift and I don't know why, it is more or less the exact color of my lips so I feel it does not do much. I just started layering this over a bright red lip sain for more color and it is a pretty look. I love the feel!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I get compliments on this everytime I wear it..I have very full lips and I was at my women's doctors office who also does cosmetic procedures as well...and she was telling me that i have the most perfect lips she ever saw..she said clients come in trying to get the fillers in their lips to appear like mine..she even wanted to take a photo of my lips..she said even with fillers the clients lips never look like natural full lips..lol..i think she was swooning over my lips for sure but I was wearing this lippie in Barbarella , I will keep buying thsi for sure: )

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by audreystyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this lipstick. in the tube it is an orange-ish peachy shade, on my pigmented lips it turns to a warm coral. i plan on wearing it year-round, as it really warms up my face. i'm cool-toned, but this shade still works for me. i don't notice any weird smell or taste or texture to this lipstick. i also find it lasts a long time without being drying. this is the only nars lipstick i own at the moment, but i think i love these much more than mac! if i run out, i will probably repurchase. 5/5

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by theurbanrefugee

I was lucky enough to get this in a swap and it was just the right shade of peach to fit my skin tone which is usually hard for me to pull off. This had warm tones to it and was pretty sheer. However, the taste is pretty unpleasant. I might swap for it or buy on ebay for a discount price, but it is not worth the price to but in a retail store, not to say that is not a great product. This is only one of 2 lipsticks I am currently using as I am a makeup minimalist. Nice apricot peach shade, the only drawback being the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

This has to be the sexiest lipstick I have ever worn - I don't think the word "sexy" has even ever come to my mind when discussing a lipstick that isn't red! On me it's a coral-y pink, and it's lovely. It's so moisturizing but still pigmented, and looks great with a tan. There is some sort of flavor, but I can't pinpoint what - maybe a bit lemony? It applies easily and wears well on me. I can tell from now on I'm going to be a Barbarella devotee!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by prettyshine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an interesting color. It's kind of peachy, orangy, nude if that makes sense. It's a fun color that looks good on me. I have blonde hair, I think I can pull it off. But I just use a small amount, otherwise I don't like the look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by mimimd