November 27, 2014 | 1475 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by memyselfnailen

anyone know if you could get a prolong wear eyeshadow instead of the regular one?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing program - I have no clue why or how anyone can complain about it. I mean, how many other brands do we purchase tons from yet never receive full size items? Really your only getting this "freebie" offer in the hopes MAC can coerce customers to recycle these items and given that, we should be jumping up and down in happiness like Snoopy doing his little dance over this 2 for 1 (a freebie plus the company handling our plastics). I love, love, LOVE that for every 6 items I purchase I get a 7th free--- I wish more companies had such a program!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

How can you not like this program? I love it, because you give and then get rewarded so to speak. I agree though, it just depends on where you go and who is there that is decided whether or not they will take the depotted shadows. Anyways, very good program and worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this is a nice enough program, and I'm glad they do it, I do have a couple of issues with it. First, and depending upon who you talk to and/or which counter/store you visit, which day of the week it is (and even who you talk to at MAC Corporate), etc., there may be some issue with presenting eyeshadows pots you've depotted that don't have a pan. Many people are successfully able to B2M these, many others can't. Next, if you only live near a counter you're stuck B2M'ing for lipsticks only. If you're fortunate enough to live near a freestanding or Pro store, you have the luxury of also selecting from eyeshadow and lipglass. I would be completely happy if they'd just be consistent with the eyeshadow pot/pan issue.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by themerchanwifey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My Mac store won't take depotted eye shadows. The pan must be intact. I just wish they were consistent about it, that's all. I have found a Macy's that will accept them so I guess I will be stuck with lipsticks for all the pots I used to fill my pro palette.

Also of note, you can back to Mac eyelash cases and makeup remover wipes packaging. They are currently selling the wipes at CCO as well. Another thing is buy the brush leaner and empty it into a dollar store bottle. That way you can be five products away right after your purchase.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Lovechild67

My complaint is simple.. I live in ILLINOIS and u can only get the lip gloss if I go to oak brook where I live 2 minutes from ORLAND MALL because it has to b a free standing store! ANNOYING!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Ng15

This program that Mac offers is awesome!! If you bring back 6 packages of their products you can get a lipglass, lipstick, or eyeshadow for free! It's a great way for people to recycle and then they get rewarded for it! I had no problems with giving them my depotted shadows, so I am not sure why people said they wouldn't accept them... It's great and I hope they keep doing it forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by tiara85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's amazing!!

Remember to keep your eyelash cases too, cause they count! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Just took back 18 eyeshadow pots today (yesterday was spent slicing up my hands getting them out of their plastic homes) to an actual MAC store and was told I could choose between eyeshadows, the classic black-and-silver tube lipsticks, and lipglasses. The only catch is that you cannot ask for the pan refills instead of the potted kind! Which means more cuts and nicks on my hands. Oh well, I'm not turning down free stuff when I was planning to buy them anyway. Super pleased with this programme and MAC for having it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Chyna054

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just brought back 6 lipstick tubes and was told I could get ANYTHING in the store that was in a plastic container. That it was not limited to just lipstick. I was purchasing 2 lipglasses and my Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50 which is $30.00 and got the Prep & Prime Face Protect for free. I love this program!!

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No