July 26, 2014 | 933 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Lovechild67

My complaint is simple.. I live in ILLINOIS and u can only get the lip gloss if I go to oak brook where I live 2 minutes from ORLAND MALL because it has to b a free standing store! ANNOYING!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Ng15

This program that Mac offers is awesome!! If you bring back 6 packages of their products you can get a lipglass, lipstick, or eyeshadow for free! It's a great way for people to recycle and then they get rewarded for it! I had no problems with giving them my depotted shadows, so I am not sure why people said they wouldn't accept them... It's great and I hope they keep doing it forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by tiara85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's amazing!!

Remember to keep your eyelash cases too, cause they count! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Just took back 18 eyeshadow pots today (yesterday was spent slicing up my hands getting them out of their plastic homes) to an actual MAC store and was told I could choose between eyeshadows, the classic black-and-silver tube lipsticks, and lipglasses. The only catch is that you cannot ask for the pan refills instead of the potted kind! Which means more cuts and nicks on my hands. Oh well, I'm not turning down free stuff when I was planning to buy them anyway. Super pleased with this programme and MAC for having it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Chyna054

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just brought back 6 lipstick tubes and was told I could get ANYTHING in the store that was in a plastic container. That it was not limited to just lipstick. I was purchasing 2 lipglasses and my Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50 which is $30.00 and got the Prep & Prime Face Protect for free. I love this program!!

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This program is absolutely fantastic.
If you turn in 6 empty MAC containers, you receive 1 free lipstick.
From my experience, the containers can be anything, from eyeshadow containers to compacts to lipstick tubes, except for eyeshadow pans (I see why: anyone can go buy an entire load of empty e/s pans online for super cheap and claim it's from MAC lol), and the lipsticks you receive cannot be Viva Glam, because Viva Glam is a fund-raising program, nor will they allow you to receive limited edition lipsticks.
From B2M, I've received some great lipsticks! I love this program!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by dazzlelightxo

This program has a great concept overall but i feel like there are a couple flaws. The biggest problem i ran into was depotting. I depotted my shadows to put in my palette and then found out that some stores do not accept the pots without the pans inside. My original idea was to depot the shadows then back-2-mac the plastic containers. Luckily the store i went to was not paying attention and took in my pots. Some other stores do not accept this. other than that the program is great

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish all lines would do this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by nmhidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE BACK 2 MAC!! I have sensitive lips, but luckily I live near plenty of MAC pro stores... so I am VERY HAPPY that I get to B2M for eye shadows! (if you go to a department store MAC counter you can only swap out for a lip stick)

And.. when you B2M for an eye shadow at a pro store, you get it in pan form... so you can just depot the shadow and BOOM! you're already on your way to having 5 more empties!

Great program to take advantage of.. sometimes it takes me a few months to save up enough empties.. but these take up such little room that I don't mind keeping them around

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased a bunch of eyeshadows but once I learned about the MAC pro palette, I depotted them all. I've gotten 3 free lipsticks by returning empties! My local store (Bay area) does not check if the products are depotted and they took eyeshadow, powder, concealer and eyebrow pencil empties. I was given the choice of a lipstick (cannot be Viva glam or any other fundraising editions) or lip gloss.