September 30, 2014 | 2034 users online

Hair Treatments - Phyto - Phytonectar

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this treatment because I just liked idea of pre-shampoo treatments.Other than that,this didn't do a thing for my hair.I haven't noticed any bad effects,either any good as well.I have no idea what this product is all about?It is just worthless and very expensive.Actally,I really don't care about price if some hair product works what it suppose to do,but this one didn't do even little something for my hair so it isn't worth the money You spend on it,acutally isn't worth even a try.
If You wanna pre-shampoo treatment,regular organic Jojoba Oil or Olive Oil can do better job than this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2008 7:07:00 AM More reviews by vsayce

Due to recent neglect my usually fine, silky hair had started to resemble straw. So having used and liked phyto products in the past I picked this up to give it a try. Firstly the scent was stronger than anticipated but not unpleasent. I left this in for more than the recommended 30 mins but not by much. It left my hair slightly improved but not noticibly. What did help was the new elvive moisturising conditioner I used. Don't know if the phytonectar 'prepared' the hair but if i was you i'd just by the conditioner and give than a go first!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict08

I had such high hopes for this product.
Before shampooing my hair, I worked a generous amount through my thick, slightly damaged, color-treated hair.
After letting it sit, I hopped in the shower and did my typical shampoo/conditioner routine. I know that after ANY protein treatment you need to condition well, yet when all was said and done, I didn't notice ANY change to my hair whatsoever.
It wasn't softer or shiner. Actually it was the opposite. I think it dulled my hair very slightly. Perhaps its more of an internal restructurizer *shrugs*. I have tried this 3-4 times over the past several months.... and I still stand by my claim... I should have spent the $$ on something else!

I can see how this may be beneficial to others... so just make sure to buy it from a place you can return it if you find you don't like it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2007 3:30:00 PM More reviews by jjtexasgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will never live without this product. After coloring my hair for a year and half, I woke up one day to find it very dry and dull. After extensive research, I decided to shell out the cash for the nectar and the accompanying shampoo. I was not disappointed. I apply this nectar on my hair and scalp before I go to bed and then wash it out with the Phytonectar shampoo in the morning and surprise - beautiful soft hair. I've also used it for just a few hours, rather than the overnight, but I find it works best the longer it's applied. This product is also great to add a drop or two to dry hair after I've straightened it or on days when I let it air dry (long naturally curly/wavy porous hair), I'll add some to my dry hair to smooth the frizzies. Immediate shine unlike anything else I've used. It's my favorite hair care product - ever, period.

UPDATE: I spoke to a PHYTO rep and she cautioned using this product too long or too often. If your hair isn't really dry, then it could actually cause dryness b/c it has so much protein. So use cautiously. Once your hair starts making a come back, it's probably wise to put this on the shelf and change to a different formula - like the H'uile de Ales.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2007 6:44:00 PM More reviews by chittychittybangbang

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ugh. Horrible. This stuff didn't moisturize my hair. I'm not sure what it did. But I can tell you what it did not do: It didn't moisturize, give shine, give any body, tame my frizzies and so on and so on.
What a waste of good money.
About my hair-
baby fine but a ton of it, and color treated.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2006 7:49:00 AM More reviews by silvie90

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pardon the long post, but this is great stuff!!! This is a pre-shampoo treatment that you leave in for a minimum of 15 minutes. It's a "dry" oil so it wont make your hair look too weighed down/greasy if you put this on & pull your hair back with a clip or something (for example before going to the gym or while out on weekend errands). I think the fragrance is really nice and floral/herbal like. After applying this & leaving on for a few hours, I shampooed and conditioned per usual: my hair was noticably more shiny, felt super soft, seemed stronger, too. Since a tiny bit goes a long way, the price is reasonable.

About me: I have fine, color-treated hair & i use a flat iron sometimes. Since I want to grow my hair out and keep it healthy, I compensate by using top-notch hair care & special treatments. This is a great, easy-to-use addition to my hair routine.

Another great thing about this product: it is VERY versatile! I sometimes use a drop or two as a shine/finishing treatment. I have even put a few drops into my body lotion just before applying because this stuff smells good and is so moisturizing. Finally, it even does wonders for my cuticles!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2006 4:15:00 AM More reviews by chakra77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the entire line for Ultra Dry Hair: Phytokarite hair mask, Phytonectar shampoo, and Phyto 9 leave in conditioner. After using the Phytonectar I thought my hair was going to feel so silky and ready for shampoo. Wrong. After rinsing this out, my hair felt dry. Like it did after all of these products. What a disappointing line. I have long, fine, highlighted hair that needs some serious moisture. This felt like a drying product - so save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2006 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Dromero03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought Phytonectar the same day I bought the Ojon hair treatment. Once I ran out of the Ojon, I decided to try the phytonectar. I got to admit, though Ojon was amazing, this wasn't bad either. It made my hair shiny and ever so silky. People, even men were making comments about my hair. Everyone said it was soft and very shiny. Some even touched it. lol
I left it in my hair for about an hour almost two. The smell is not the best, but once you wash it out, it smells better; more pleasant. The only think that makes me worry a bit is the fact that the bottle is glass and I am not sure if I would put that in the shower. Instead, to be safe, I put it on my hair outside of the shower and then later went into the shower. I just did it over the sink one night and watched a movie. I had to clean the bottle off as it was were slippery once I touched it, but after washing it down, it was ok. I have naturally wavy/curly hair and mostly blow dry it and flat iron it, so my ends need to be trimed ever month and conditioned EVERY time I wash my hair. I need to do a deep coniditoner whenever I wash my hair which is like every 2 days, so this stuff is easy to use and does not drip when you have it in your hair. I love the fact that it is a pump bottle so it is much easier then trying to squeeze stuff out of a tube when you already got the conditioner all over your hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2006 3:04:00 PM More reviews by MAS1117

My hair was fried from the highlights that I just received a couple of weeks ago - it started getting that "crispy" frizzy look. I also have very thick, coarse, long hair. The owner of my salon recommended Phytonectar - I used it last night for the first time - I left it on for a good 5-6 hours then followed it up with the Phyto Hydrating Shampoo with Orange Blossom Wax. What a transformation! Now my hair/highlights look and feel just the way that they are supposed to - shiny, soft and supple. I was skeptical but I am glad that I spent the extra money to buy this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2006 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Mamta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW! I am a hair product fanatic ..and rarely fall in love w/ a product..but on my first use of this product..my hair is like silk and so soft! everyone is asking me if I just got my hair done..when all I did was sleep in this oil and the next day my hair was amazing after i washed it out..no grease..nothing. I know everything works amazing the first time..so we'll see if it stands the test of time..but i am so impressed on this first try that I had to comment! TRY IT!! you wont be disappointed. ps - i have fine/thin straight/wavy highlighted hair.