December 21, 2014 | 1044 users online

Eyeliner - Laura Mercier - Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Bleu Marine

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth45

This is a MUST HAVE! I don't leave the house with out my tight line!! It was hard to use when I first tried it... but know I can do it in my sleep. If you use the right brush (laura's flat eyelining brush) you can easily take it from tight line to eye liner. And so far it has lasted me over a year! I couldnt be happier with a prodcut :]

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Iím really disappointed of this. I wanted to buy it since so long because I wanted to replace my loved and sadly discontinued Chanel La Ligne (marine and black). The colour is a sort of grayish blue, (but more on the grayish side) so that it doesnít perk up the green tone of my eyes how the Chanel did. Also the intensity is poor. You have to apply and reapply in order to get a visible line. No long wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by HeatherWeather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am not a great eyeliner fan as I've never got the hang of using it properly. I've tried pencils, liquid liners, gel liners, you name it - but I could never get a satisfactory result. Then my local SpaceNK had a Laura Mercier MUA in store for the day and I got an appointment for a makeover. She recommended that I use this liner in the Bleu Marine colour as I have very pale skin and green eyes, and she said black would be too harsh as I tend to go for the natural look with makeup rather than the dramatic.

Anyway she taught me how to use the tightlining technique, and after a few false starts at home (plus a further visit to a Laura Mercier counter for a refresher lesson) I am happily applying every day and absolutely loving the product. It stays put, gives a look that is not too heavy for every day, and basically I love it. I've used it lots of times but have hardly made a dent at all in the pan so I think it's going to last me for ages, which makes the price tag seem a bit less scary.

To summarise: I am no longer afraid of eyeliner which definitely merits 5 stars for me!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by sansari

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with everyone else - this is a great liner, and stays put. The only downside for me is that I wear contacts. So I need my contacts in when I apply it, and it can irritate them.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by rachelhal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG eyeliner. Definitely part of the reason I love it has to do with the under-the-lash line (tightlining) technique the LM MUA taught me. Widens my eyes, brightens my eyes, stays on all day. I wet the recommended LM eyeliner brush and make a paste in the eyeliner pot. Then I push and wiggle the brush under and within my eyelashes. The key is to make sure the paste is nice and pigmented and not too watered down.

This is the only eyeliner I have ever used that doesn't make me look tired. The bobbi brown gels come in second but they dry out so quickly. This stuff lasts forever; I have had mine for almost two years and haven't hit pan yet (don't use every day though)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by flojob

HG! I love this eyeliner so much. It's kind of a pain using the tightliner method, but it looks wonderful and makes my brown eyes really pop without looking too done up. Make sure you have a good brush for application otherwise there's no point. Doesn't smudge, lasts all day and all night. LOVE IT!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2009 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Nanashimara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has been ages since I wrote a review, but reading all the absolutely adoring and glowing reviews for this product makes me frustrated. Using Bleu Marine for anything other than tightlining is useless. I've tried multiple times, to no avail, to use this on my upper lid. THIS HAS ZERO COLOR PAYOFF no matter what I do. What I end up with is a streaky 'watercolor' mess. I'm completely shocked that anyone who has tried other eyeliners would find this subpar quality even somewhat satisfactory, especially at the price. This is the first non-drugstore product that found its way to my trash bin. Shame.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by JCYChang

i love this eyeliner! yes, it takes a bit of work (over my regular pencil-type eyeliners), what with having to wet the brush, swirl, etc... however the results are amazing! i use the flat eyeliner brush and dot it on the base of my lashes, and makes my eyelashes appear fuller! i'm asian, so my lashes are more sparse... also,i bought the blue, not black, on the advice of the sales rep, and the effects are great! i would definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by nekochama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this fabulous gem twice, and believe me, it takes a long time to make a dent in it! I use Bleu Marine to tightline on a nearly daily basis. It hardly pulls blue at all, more like an eye-brightening soft black. I spray either water or MAC Fix + on my LM flat eyeliner brush (the best I've found) and tightline away. No other eye product makes me look as awake (or as young!). I also have LM Black Ebony cake eyeliner, but for some reason the Black one transfers when the Bleue one does not, go figure. For reference, I'm NC 20.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2009 8:19:00 AM More reviews by mooks06

This is my HG day time eyeliner. It provides fantastic definition without being harsh and heavy. The bleu Marine is subtle and appears to smudge just upward of the lashes as if to look blended, yet it doesn't smudge to the point of racoon eyes. It is very pretty and my eyes really pop with this. It is completely mistake proof and such an easy application. I absolutely love this and am happy to wear eyeliner now!