April 16, 2014 | 1275 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by byankitty

I've barely just used it and I love the after feeling. Not dry and not over oiled. Of course I'll update this review, but I'm VERY picky. I have Normal/Dry cheeks and a very oily T-zone. I don't think I'm sensitive, since I can put just about anything on my face but I use things labeled "Sensitive" just in case. This cleanser seems to work. I hate going to bed and waking up with an oily face which is usually due to a moisturizer...which I have yet to find the perfect one. Anyway, it's a bit pricy but I think it's just because you buy the brand. Neutrogena likes to promote their name a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to use this when i was a young teenager. I recently picked this up again about a month ago. My skin was getting very oily, as it does when the weather changes and gets warmer, and I was breaking out with cystic acne badly on my chin. I feel like the Olay Fresh Effects cleanser was actually causing the breakouts. I picked this up again after spending about 40 min in the skincare aisle at walmart looking at different products. this really helps a lot with the oily control and did a great job of clearing my chin up. it's a nice basic cleanser. great for combo/oily skin, but dry skin this may not be the best for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by mccfrausto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great, and possibly underrated since I rarely see advertisements for it. I have oily skin which has been dry since the winter. I was using Clinique 3 step system for combination oily skin but it became too drying for this weather. So I tried this cleanser last night and so far so good!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my very first facial wash when I was younger. At first, I liked it. However, not even a year later, I started to break out and get very red dry patches on my face. I started going to a dermatologist and found out that I do have sensitive skin and that this cleanser is one of the more irritating cleansers for sensitive skin (even though they claim to be hypoallergenic and gentle). As in other words, I was breaking out and getting dry patches from the very thing that I thought was cleaning my face. It is very rich in glycerin and if you have sensitive skin, do not look for soap in your facial wash. This formula is not as gentle as they claim to believe they are. That being said, my opinion is based from my opinion only! This may work for you since I am unsure how this reacts to other skin types. However, if you have sensitive skin, I say stay clear from this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by xogabrielle

I use this every night to remove my makeup. It leaves my face squeaky clean, without overdrying and it removes my makeup completely. It doesn't have any acne products in it, but I like that the most about it. It's gentle and more natrual than most cleansers at the drugstore. My HG cleanser. I love the pump too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 7:03:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a wonderful cleanser, really well suited to my combination skin coz it cleans my skin without drying it out. Doest leave a greasy film on my face either. In fact, my face feels quite normal after washing with this, the T zone is not oily and the cheeks aren't dry.

It has a thick gel texture which lathers quite well and removes light make up quite well. (TM/sunscreen/powder/blush etc...not eye makeup). My face feels clean and fresh and I don't really feel the need for a toner most of the time.

Overall, quite an effective and affordable cleanser. I'm already on my second bottle and would recommend it for combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 7:05:00 AM More reviews by alaras

I have been using this face wash for the last 5 years. I just love it. It doesn't dry out my combination skin and yet cleans well and leaves me with a fresh feeling. My only problem is this babe is not available in the United Kingdom! I mean this is Neutrogena's one of the basic products.. I just need to keep hunting it from abroad!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by Scandie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product doesn't feel like anything special the first couple of times you use it- like one reviewer said, it's not "spectacular".

It wasn't until a couple of weeks into using the Neutrogena cleanser that I realized that it is everything this cleanser ISNT that is so spectacular. It's not too oily, not too harsh, and yet cleans out my pores very effectively without disrupting the natural oils that get stripped off of my skin so easily by other products. My skin had become balanced... it was easier to mousturize, it had stopped being dry or flaky, and the light rashes that popped up so often were gone, because my skin wasn't agitated anymore, and then my skintone had evened out too... And the only thing I had changed was using this cleanser exclusively!

I can get away with wearing more complex and intense makeup without repurcussions with my (very sensitive and easily dry) skin, since I use this to wash my face after using makeup remover. People comment on how good my skin is- and it's because I found the perfect product to clean and freshen my face every night; effective enough to completely clean away the sometimes heavy makeup I use, but not in any way harsh.

I have sensitivity to Sodium Laurel Sulphate, which is what makes the "foam" effect in everything from shampoo to toothpaste. That stuff is like acid for my skin- I have to use SLS free toothpaste. The only problem is, the foaming effect is what makes my feel clean... This is the only soap I let touch my face, and I even use it a bit to clean my upper body in the shower- I've always had a light heat rash on my chest, and it's starting to clear up for the first time... If you have sensitive skin/complexion, give it a try!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Was my HG cleanser in my late teens to early twenties. Went through over 4 bottles during that period. It didn't clear up my acne, but certainly kept my skin very clean.

Not for those with dry, flaky skin though. It can be rather drying.

Not buying this again because my skin condition seems to have changed from oily to combination/dry. Also because I'm trying to go natural and this has SLS in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by littlellamadrama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Watson's in Megamall. It was one of the cheapest cleansers on the shelf, so I decided to go and give it a try. I've been using it for approximately three weeks now.

The packaging is very basic and so is its description. It promises to clean your face with its mild hypoallergenic solution. It delivers pretty well. It does clean my face although not to the extent of not needing a toner. It prevents me from getting acne except for the routine pimple I get during my period.

Despite saying that it's fragrance-free, it has a rather weird smell, although I became less conscious of it after using it for a while.

Some people say that they find that this cleanser dries up their skin. I haven't really felt that particular ill effect, but that's probably because I live in a humid country.

Overall, it's a very basic cleanser. It does what it says it will do. No more and no less.