August 22, 2014 | 2047 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Illuminating Powder /Translucent

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2005 2:20:00 AM More reviews by day_sie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My face looks radiance. It can feel a bit oily though but I really like how it looks on my face. The packaging is lovely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2004 1:40:00 AM More reviews by loveuntold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I absolutely love this product! I'm very fair-skinned and have a problem finding a powder that is truly translucent or at least matches my skin color. Not only does this powder control oil, it also doesn't turn my face a weird color. The tiny particles of silver shimmer really do add an illuminating quality without looking too shiny or flashy. The only downside is the fact that it does crumble very easily. I have already repurchased this once and plan to do so over and over again!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2004 9:35:00 PM More reviews by mkbegovich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a beautifully packaged powder - but didn't seem to control my oil very well nor did it "illuminate" much at all. Also the middle of the powder crumbled long before the outer ring of powder was gone. I thought it was a bit pricey for what I got. I don't think I'll buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2004 9:40:00 AM More reviews by MezzoDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up because I was looking for something with a hint of sheen to set my makeup. Using illuminating liquids (foundations, moisturizers) is all very well, but if you cover the whole thing with matte powder, what have you got? Matte face. Hence this little gem, which has crap packaging, but who cares? I prefer my own puffs/powder brushes anyway. It works great, just a lovely bit of overall sheen, nothing crass or teen glitter queen about it. Not only will I repurchase, I'm going to CVS to buy them out as long as they're 50% off!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2004 6:45:00 PM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Was pretty expensive for what you got. Didn't like the consistency and I didn't think it shimmered very much at all. I wasn't looking for a lot of sparkle but I wanted more than I got.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2003 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Kath22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is alright, but really nothing special. It is a good pressed powder with shimmer, but you really don't get much shimmer, so I don't know that I could say it is illuminating. I don't think this is a bad product, but it really doesn't ring my bell.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2003 12:58:00 PM More reviews by garm130

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fine milled powder that gives a subtle glow. Very smooth and has attractive, feminine packaging. Only beef with this product (and most PF compact products) is that they tend to crumble so handle with care. It is a staple for me.