August 29, 2014 | 901 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 1/27/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Klassicalkelly

Horrid! This primer is super sticky, and would dry like PVA glue on my fingers. It didn't help my skin at all, it made my foundation patchy and disgusting. I broke out after using this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by strawberriez880

This is the worst primer I've ever used. It leaves my skin sticky for the WHOLE time it stays on, makes me look ultra shiny and just plain disgusting. Not even my matte liquid foundation would fight the shininess. It made me break out a little as well. It's expensive too. The only non-bad thing is the packaging, which comes in a neat tube that squeezes the product out without making a mess. Save yourself some money and look for another primer...I only used this twice before trashing it, and I always try to use up my products - so yes, it is THAT bad.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

I consider primers and foundations to be the most important part of the makeup.
If your skin looks good, everything else looks put together.

I have combination skin, with some minor pores, acne induced hyper pigmentations, and uneven skintone. I need a primer that needs to at least control for the oil on my T zone, hide the dryness a little bit, and minimize the pores, to have the foundation go on more smoothly with 25% of its job done.
This didn't do any of it.
I won't say its a terrible primer because it didn't break me out, "rolled" into pieces, or do anything else "bad", just didn't do anything for my skin.
it leaves a sticky finish, and makes my foundation a bit sticky too... at about 6 hours mark, my T zone starts to get really oily

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

Amazing primer!! Literally the best one I have ever used. I apply this before my foundation and it goes on so smoothly. It controls shine throughout the day and makes my makeup stay in place so much longer. I can't see myself ever trying another primer as this one has been working amazingly on my skin. Especially since I get breakouts all the time. I would defiantly spend another £20 on this as it comes in a big tube so I'm sure it will last ages !

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by aliciagrasby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my holy grail primer! It is amazing. Controls shine throughout the day and makes my makeup last hours longer. A tube of this lasts ages and well worth the price tag.

However, I have found this primer doesn't work with every foundation and I would recommend getting a sample before spending the money. If you aren't liking this primer I would suggest trying it out with other foundations before giving up on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by danielle616

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this primer! My makeup lasts for hours and doesn't even move!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by TacoCat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a deluxe sample and have been using it for about two weeks with MAC Face and Body foundation. Normally foundations will collect in my naso-labial fold (the crease between the side of my nostril and my cheek), and I hadn't found any product that would prevent this until now.

The scent is mildly floral and dissipates quickly. I am sensitive to fragrance (many give me a headache), but this had no effect. The texture is a medium gel-like but slightly creamy consistency, and once it's rubbed in it disappears. It applies well over moisturizer and sunscreen, without balling up. For reference, I always wait until my sunscreen has absorbed before using primer.

At first I didn't think this primer was doing anything. I rubbed it into my skin, and it disappeared, which is so unlike every other primer I've used. My foundation went on smoothly, but no different from any other primer I've used. Only after a couple of hours did I realize that my foundation wasn't creasing next to my nose. I forgot to apply it this morning, and within an hour my foundation had already creased. For that alone, I will purchase a full size.

I'm extremely oily, so I didn't expect oil control. This didn't control oil much, but I did notice that when I blotted not as much foundation is transferred to my blotting tissue. This primer helps to keep foundation from sliding off my face. If it had discernible oil control, I would have given it five lippies.

It's a bit expensive, but a little bit goes a long way. I think the full size will provide a decent value.

Finally, I would prefer a pump dispenser rather than a squeeze tube, though I do like the aesthetic of the packaging. It's clean and simple, which is appealing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by sroben

I'd never used foundation primers before, but I had always heard good things about the Laura Mercier primers. I was hoping to purchase the oil-free primer for my t-zone, but my local Sephora was out and I settled for the general foundation primer.

This is an okay product. I've been using it for about two weeks now, and I put it on my face after I moisturize it, but I haven't seen any dramatic improvements. My foundation does apply a little bit smoother and stays for a little longer than it used to, but it isn't a lasting primer.

I was hoping for better results after I bought it for $32, but I'll try the oil-free one and see if it makes any difference.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 2:07:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I can't remember what version I got of this, so I am entering my review in the general primer by Laura Mercier. The one I got was in a squeeze tube and the product was white... it came out more like a cream/lotion than a gel. I tried this on a few times and I didn't find it did ANYTHING. It didn't make my makeup last longer, go on more smoothly, look better, nothing. This was recommended by a former friend of mine and I have to say...with the price tag it has, i expected much much more from this product. I returned it after a couple tries. Will stick to my Hard Candy sheer envy primer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm looking for a primer for my wedding, and when you mention primer, its either Laura Mercier or Smashbox as top choices. I am not a fan of either. The Laura Mercier regular primer is like a light cream without the moisturizing properties. I did not find it to do anything a primer is supposed to do, like make foundation last longer or make the skin a better canvas for foundation. It just feels like it sank into my skin and disappeared. This is going back.