Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

2.9

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

on 1/11/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a product that neither helps nor harms my makeup routine. I do not wear liquid foundation, just concealer under the eyes and nose and powder all over. I am not sure if this primer extends the wear of my face makeup. It doesn't contribute any oil and it doesn't have any super mattifying properties. I will say that sometimes if I didn't apply enough facial moisturizer, this primer combats any tightness or dullness. No scent and absorbs quickly. If you are seeking a primer to enhance foundation or keep makeup in place, I really do not think this works any miracles. I would probably stick with Smashbox or something. I don't love or hate this product which means it is not worth spending $33 USD.

on 12/3/2014 2:21:00 PM

I received this in a beauty box and I think it's perfectly ok. It didn't wow me and I would never pay full price to have it. I don't think it makes my foundation last much longer compared to how long it would last without a primer.

on 11/5/2014 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've had this primer twice now and it still doesnt wow me, the feeling of this primer is a very watery gel like consistency. The smell of the primer is fresh and pleasant the thing bad about this primer is that it doesnt combat my oil but im thinking of trying the oil free version. Now that here in Scotland its getting alot colder its now only starting to work for me. its also really expensive for what it is at nearly £30 a pop for this primer. I wouldnt say it was worth it there are better primers for just over £20 that I like more.

on 10/28/2014 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This does nothing special for my skin, I forget to wear it some days and don't even notice.

on 9/3/2014 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

HORRIBLE PRODUCT. I thought it would leave my face dewy and glowing but it went on streaky, has weird shimmer, does not allow foundation to go on well, and eventually separates from the foundation through the course of the day. I had NEVER used a worst makeup product in my life. if i could take this product and toss it into the pit of hell, I would.

on 8/31/2014 5:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This primer is too oily for me. However, this did not cause any break out or clogged pores. Shiny face after 3 hours :P

It can hold my laura mercier oil free moisturizer well.

on 8/3/2014 8:16:00 AM

I've been using this product for a year now but just because first, it is freaking hard to find a good primer able to control my oily skin and this one is one of the few primers that doesn't irritate my skin and because it was quite expensive and I don't wanna waste it), even if one of the first ingredients is silicon. It makes my skin really oily but the products that I use after are able to make my skin look matte. Average. Nothing else.

on 7/29/2014 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got it around Christmas so they gave me 2 free travel-sized versions. So thankful.

A mediocre primer. All I can say is that it is not really amazing. This prolongs makeup and prevents it from shifting though. If you put on setting powder, it makes the loose powder stand out and whitens your face a few shades. There's something off with the formula because this makes my makeup have weird pigmentation.

on 7/5/2014 3:48:00 PM

Thankfully I only got a sample of this from Sephora, because after only 2 days of use, I began to break out with it. The saleswoman insisted it would be fine on my skin, but not only did it not help my makeup last longer, but I constantly broke out - and I haven't had that happen in years!

I would definitely not purchase this. If you have acne prone skin, do yourself a favour and skip this altogether.

I'm still searching for the perfect face primer.

on 7/4/2014 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this product as the person at sephora said it works really well for people with oily skin. But, not only does this product make my face even more oily compared to when I don't even use a primer, it also makes my makeup look cakey. I would not repurchase this product!

Popular Primer/ Correctors