July 24, 2014 | 1037 users online

Skincare - Body - Avon - Skin So Soft Hair Removal Creme

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2006 5:30:00 AM More reviews by dewdraup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the SSS Fresh & Smooth Hair Removal Cream, and I hate to say it, but this really blows. What a waste of my money. I usually use Nair or Veet, but bought this on sale from Avon. One of the worst products I have ever received from them. Not only did it not take the hair off my legs very well (and I haven't had any problems with any of the other brands I've tried) but when there was only a quarter or so of tube left it was really difficult to get out. Here I am with this stuff all over my hands trying to squeeze this tube that's sliding all over the counter spewing stuff everywhere ... actually, now that I think about it, that was kinda funny. But not something I want to go through again :>))

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2006 1:36:00 PM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My review is for the SSS Facial Hair Removal Cream. I can relate to what a few previous reviews said "If you have sensitive skin, don't use!" I have sensitive skin and this burned the %#** out of my face. My upper lip was so chemical burned that it blistered! I didn't even leave it on as long as the suggested time. Needless to say it was very painful. My advice is if you have sensitive skin avoid this product like the plague.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2005 5:35:00 PM More reviews by bellabambina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

(Note: Avon updated its formula since late 2004--new formula and a newly designed tube. This refers to the new version...FOR BODY, i.e. legs, etc. Not the facial formula which is different, and shouldn't be reviewed here!!) This works. It is the only unfragranced product of its kind on the market. It doesn't stink at all!! And it is a rich thick cream that doesn't drip. Love this!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2005 10:08:00 PM More reviews by crys20

I am pleased with this cream. It is really thick. I usually use Nair so the texture and smell I noticed right away. The cream was thick and rich and didn't smell near as bad as Nair does. It left my skin silky smooth and removed my hair in about 5-6 minutes. I am very pleased with this and will get it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2005 3:35:00 PM More reviews by MarkRepFLA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first depilatory I have used, and I was a bit scared at first (I've been just plain shaving for 9 years) but I wanted to give it a try, I purchased the bladeless razor that came with it.
1) Application -Messy had to use my hands the smell was slightly unpleasant but not overpowering AT ALL.
2) Time- Bear in mind I am a beginner here) I kept it on for 5 min. and started to use the bladeless razor which was entirely useless!! I ended up just wiping the product off with a warm cloth. I was amazed all those little hairs came right off!! Total time like 10 min.
3) I feel the size of the tube is NOT generous and probably lasts may 3 times (for me) approximatley 2 months.
4) Over all satisfaction-- **I loved it!! I was happy with the result my legs were soft and smooth, the smell was still on them but after I took a shower went to bed, and woke up the smell was gone :) I would recommend this product to any beginner. I will re-purchase very happy, I hope the company can make a larger size tube in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2005 8:33:00 PM More reviews by MargaretD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This removal creme is MUCH better than Nair. First, it does not stink. Of course, it is not a pleasant smell but not nearly offensive as Nair. Second, it is soft and creamy and leaves my skin feeling very soft. I did not experience any adverse reactions to this product. It states on the package to test patch your skin, which I highly recommend as a person could be sensitive to this product without knowing. Just a general hair removal tip: I find that soaking in a tub of hot water before using this product loosens the hair follicles and makes the hair removel creme work better and faster. Avon Skin So Soft Hair Removal Creme retails for $8 for 4.2 oz. However, this product is frequently on special. Additionally, sellers on ebay generally have it at a good price (I bought mine from ebay--2 for the price of one).I purchased this removal creme in a hands-free applicator bottle with a sponge tip. This packaging is simply AWFUL! It is impossible to squeeze out and you still have to use your hands to spread the product around. Next time, I will buy it in the regular packaging. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2004 11:16:00 PM More reviews by kiely98

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely sensitive skin, and this product really flared it up. I mean so much that my legs were actually bloody after only 1 1/2 minutes. However, it smells nice and lots of my customers swear by it. Just don't use it if you have sensitive skin!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2004 12:54:00 AM More reviews by casperdiesel93

Removed hair around bikini line effectively but left me with a bad rash the next day. Bottle would not last long either.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2004 6:35:00 PM More reviews by lpglssaddict87

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! So much better than shaving, this actually works! The price is great, too. The only problem is that there isn't enough in a bottle for that many uses.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2003 10:09:00 PM More reviews by redbean3bb

This one is really working to me. Cleaned most of the hairs (however there are still some left behind), and I could see my skin has a nice glow (good texture) right after using it! Skin's actually brighten and smoother than b4. But on the other hands, I could hardly stand the nasty scent, and one tube could be used up easily with two or three applications. Anyways, as it's very cheap, I'd repurchase it again later.