July 31, 2014 | 1867 users online

Scrubs - Kanebo - Silk Peeling Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Igors

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great product! I have been fighting my blackheads for years, I have tried regular high-end facials, purifying masks and exfoliants with the only miserable result that my face was irritated and the blackheads were back again in less than a fortnight. Now I have been using Silk Peeling Powder once to twice a week for a couple of months with fantastic results. My blackheads have almost dissappeared, my skin is much smoother, and my really sensitive skin is never irritated. I keep it on my face a bit longer than suggested in the leaflet, usually I massage it in for 2-5 minutes and keep my hands moist with warm water. There is no need to use it every day, and it might really be too drying or lead to irritation. At first it may seem a little tricky to get the powder quickly dissolved and not wasted or clumped, but with a little practice that is not a problem. One bottle really lasts at least for half a year, so, if this seems to be a splurge, that's not quite true.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2008 9:08:00 AM More reviews by jshow339

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for a few years. I have used it both in the shower and out. The best way to use it s to put a little powder in the palm of your hand and add a couple of drops of water--enough to make a slightly watery paste. Then just spread it on your face and gently work it in circular motions. Don't stay in one place too long, you can cause abrasions if you get too aggressive. I like this much better than regular scrubs. I can't stand the grittiness. This works even better if you use the Kanebo cleansing cloth with it--again be gentle! My face is smooth and looks great after using this. Yes, the price is a little steep, but you only have to use a little bit each time. A bottle lasts almost a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by CaroSaid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overworked skin emergency?

A few years ago I over-indulged in some at-home "peels" right before my sister's wedding. My face was super red and bumpy and a mess. Everything that touched it stung it. Thankfully, the people at the Saks counter took incredible pity on me and actually *walked* me over to the Kanebo counter. Ayep. The man at the counter took one look at me and provided me with a FREE sampe kit including Kanebo La Lotion and Silk Peeling Powder to use as a cleanser.

Well, by the time my sister's wedding came about (two days later), my skin had almost completely calmed down. Most of the bumps were gone as was the redness.

It was a miracle product for me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by land_cruiser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely fantastic product, I have always been searching for somehting gentle for my sensitive skin and this powder is just perfect. It "polishes" and exfoliates and I love the powder form! It is very gentle and I use it every evening after removing my mu. It is one of the three skincare products I'd take with me on that deserted island;) (together with Dr.Alkaitis Day cream and his Soothing gel). Definitely recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This is the only Kanebo product I own. I love the idea of a powder as an exfoliator. You add a small amount of water to it before applying to your face. If you use too much water, it ruins the application. I thought this would be way too gentle since I usually prefer larger granules to exfoliate with, but this makes my skin so smooth and silky. It's not for everyday use so I use it 1-2 times a week. We bought this from Saks, and I was concerned that we had just wasted $50 by falling for a salesperson's demonstration. But anytime my husband buys a product this expensive just so he can use it, it must be something excellent. He was right. We love it! As a side note; I thought this made my skin burn horribly, but then I remembered that I had used alcohol on my cheek earlier because a mosquito had bitten me. :( All other applications have been burn-free. I will definitely not use an alcohol based product before applying this to be on the safe side.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2008 4:35:00 AM More reviews by miranets

I got a sample and used it several times during cooler weather and a major regime overhaul. I think the Sensai range is very well formulated, and despite my reluctance to use a foaming cleanser, this was nice and gentle.

My skin is used to physical exfoliation and enzyme peels so I hardly thought this could have any exfoliation effects for me - and no it does not!! I would not purchase full size as I do not enjoy using powders during cleansing. I am currently using either Cellcosmet rich cream cleanser, or non fragranced micellaire solutions during winter. I may consider double cleansing as my next experiment but no I can never see a peeling powder as a part of my regime.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2008 12:20:00 AM More reviews by pawnshop

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this product as a sample from Barney's in Chicago. It is a very gentle polisher and if you have dry skin, I think you will appreciate how it works without making your skin even more dry and painful.
I will definately buy it!
If you are in the Chicago Barney's do ask for Michael in the cosmetics department. He makes terrific suggestions and is very willing to give you the samples that you need. I will be trying a few more of the Kanebo products.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2008 2:06:00 AM More reviews by fleurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I feel like this is one of Kanebo's best products.I love the packaging..it's a cute little dispenser that gives you the exact amount.

Problem I have is that yes it makes my skin super smooth...nut so does an aspirin mask.I just don't see any major benefits of it and it seems expensive for just a nice smooth feeling scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by riaki

I love Kanebo products. This scrub is very gentle for sensitive skin 'cause it's in powder form. You ''ll need a tiny bit on palms, add a bit of water and then rub it against hands and then on your face.My skin feels squeaky clean afterwards and I simply adore the fact that it doesn't irritate my face and areas with pimples etc(I have oily/combo skin and I sometimes get those nasty ones!!!).The packaging is standard Kanebo International Line and the powder has a dispenser which makes it easy to control the amount of powder you want to use.I would buy it again, even though it's very expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by VeryVain1985

This is my HG scrub. I have a sensitive combination skin. I've used a lot of different scrubs before, but to date I think this scrub has works the best for me. When I was using other scrubs my skin would get slightly irritated, but I have not experienced it with the Silk Peeling Powder. This is definitely less harsh than the other scrubs out there. Some people might not like this scrub, because you can not "feel" it, but it really does work like a charm. After scrubbing my skin is superclean and glows. BTW, you can not use it everyday, 2 till 3 times a week is more than enough.