Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow - Sunbaked Neutrals

4.3

Talc, Mineral Oil, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Carbonate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Kaolin, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Mica, Ultramarines, Manganese Violet, Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Hydroxide Greens, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, FD&C Red No. 40 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow No. 5 Aluminum Lake

on 10/8/2013 3:48:00 PM

All you need for eyeshadows in a cute easy to travel with packaging!

on 10/8/2013 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I love this palette so much. You get 8 shadows for around $6. Maybelline's shadows always impress me with their quality. These are SUPER pigmented and I'd say comparable to a lot of higher end brands. The two coppery tones are my favorite, they are beautiful and so pigmented. I use the matte medium brown color for my eyebrows and it works great. The other colors are all very wearable too and you can make a ton of different looks with just this palette. It is one of my favorite shadow sets and I will definitely buy again when I use it all up!

on 4/25/2013 3:50:00 PM

I've been eyeing this product for months! I usually buy more expensive eyeshadows because I love the instant satisfaction great texture gives. BUT I didn't have any warm browns. This set has a beautiful copper and a bronze amid some awesome buttery matte browns. At first I thought the shimmers were chunky/gritty but then I worked it into the skin and it became a beautiful sheen. It worked extremely well with my fingers and the sponges. Basically if you can spend the time blending the product it will pay for itself. For the price, I paid $1 per gram and it is worth re-purchasing if your favorite color runs out. The size is also perfect to throw into a makeup bag.

on 1/18/2013 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

How have I not heard of this before? I was in the makeup aisle and this stood out to me. I really like neutral eyeshadows. This has a lot of shimmery shades which I like, and a couple not-as-shimmery ones. I think the colors are gorgeous and they're really pigmented. I'm excited to see what kind of looks I can come up with using these colors.

on 6/23/2012 12:24:00 PM

This mini palette actually contains gorgeous colours that can be suitable for day or night time. I however only like the colours in the first two columns, and the last column. Also, the last two columns are very powdery for me and I always experience a lot of fallout, when Im trying to pick up product with my brush, and when I apply it this problem is fixed (mostly) if I used my fingers, but I prefer brushes).

I love the looks I can create with this palette and it's definitely versatile, but I find on my non-oily monolids, It does not last that well. It always almost half gone by the time I get home from school. it's a bit better with primer underneath, but still does not last as long as I'd want.

The last thing I want to mention is that I chose "Would not repurchase". Two reasons. firstly, Maybelline tests on animals and thats a no-no for me. you might be wondering why I have this then, it's because I received this as a gift, so personally I would not repurchase. Also, the other thing I want to point out is that this mini palette has quite a lot of harmful ingredients, such as 5 parabens. wet n wild doesnt test on animals and has some really nice palettes and trios for the same or lesser price and although they do unfortunately have parabens as well, they have 2 as opposed to 5.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is my SECOND time buying this palette! I got it once my senior year of high school and it lasted me into college, then bought it again a few years later. Honestly, I've owned multiple brands of eyeshadows, and this ties with Dior for my favorite. (However, the Twilight Rays palette is not as good and I prefer my Stila shadows to that one.) The colors work perfectly with my NC42 skin, which is good because shadows for my skin tone are hard to find! The packaging is just plastic and breaks easily, so sooner or later you may have to depot these. Still worth the money though, because it's 8 long-lasting shadows (lots of product and the 8-hour claim is true). Get it on sale, I got it for 40% off so it was only $5.00 + tax. Word to the wise: this particular palette works better WITHOUT primer underneath (although the opposite is true for the Twilight Rays palette).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Great mix of colors for everyday wear. The only thing is that about half of the shadows have fallen out of the palette already and I haven't dropped it once lol but at least I've had it for almost a year already before that happened. The dark brown in the palette has great staying power. Will repurchase.

on 4/23/2012 10:04:00 AM

This cute little palette with the 8 chicklet sized eyeshadow pans is one of my favorite recent purchases. All of the shadows are colors that I gravitate towards (matte browns, golden greens and goldy/bronzey/peachy colors). The greens in this palette are amazing and they truly do last 8 hours, if not more. I applied this over my ELF mineral primer & NYX JEP at 9:00am and at 9:45 pm it looked as fresh as when I applied it. Amazing for DS eyeshadows.

The colors are also very blendable which is another HTF with DS products. I'll be using this little cutie very often. :)

on 4/22/2012 9:26:00 PM

OMG! I love this!!! I use it like everyday! Perfect neutral shades! :)

on 4/1/2012 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is actually my favorite pallet! Great for warm skintones. I've completely run out of the champagne color, as it is perfect for all over the lid. The color next to it, a matte brown, is the perfect crease color. Really. It's all I use. There's a shimmery white for the inner corner, two great greens, and two gorgeous coppers, and a shimmery dark brown. I like all of the colors in this pallet, which is unusual. I believe the lighter copper could be a dupe for UD Half Baked, the darker copper Mac's Amber Lights, and the matte brown Mac's Cork.