Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Pressed Powder

2.5

on 10/7/2011 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've noticed that either people love this or they hate it, I love it. It's lightweight and I forget that I have it on. Its amazing. The idea of the 2 sided poof; genius! I apply this over my cover-up and it works wonders. Seriously, I love it. Its great for me. It controls my oil; which is a MUST for me and it gives me a natural finish which is stellar.

on 9/27/2011 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This powder is unflattering. It is darker than the matching foundation, even though they are the same color on the labels. It makes my skin look orange and ashy even though I have oily skin. Skip this powder, won't even provide coverage.

on 8/26/2011 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have oily sensitive skin. This is the first powder I can wear that won't make my skin breakout or feel itchy and red. In fact the salicylic acid calms my skin so much that one day I decided to go without powder, and my skin felt irritated that day! It is a bit cakey and too matte for my tastes if applied heavily, but it is good for a light layer. I have even used it as a light base layer underneath mineral powder for days I want better coverage (even mineral powder irritates my skin!), this way I get a more natural luminous look.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

umm.. can you say CAKEY? ugh where to begin... I HATED THIS PRODUCT. it made me look so ashy and powdery. And THEN my oil would just breakthrough after an hour of using this. NASTY!

on 8/18/2011 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Yet another disappointing product for me from Neutrogena. I have this powder in Classic Ivory 10 (which I bought with the matching foundation and concealer---probably the worse foundation/concealer/powder I ever bought:/) Anyway it is way too dark for my very pale skin it leaves a yellow/orange tint on my face. If I could give this product zero lippies I could. It has no coverage at all at least on me. It did nothing to control my oil. It also caused me to breakout. I will not purchase this product again.

on 8/12/2011 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have very, very, extremely oily and acne-prone skin, and this is the only powder I can use!!! I use the Buff 150 shade. I never use the white side of the applicator because I think it makes my face look way too chalky. I apply this powder with the orange side of the applicator after I apply my Revlon ColorStay foundation. I like it because it covers well and doesn't break me out, BUT --- I have to retouch my face almost 5 times a day! It definitely does not help with oil (maybe it's just because my skin is soooo oily). However, it's gentle enough on my skin.

on 5/18/2011 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this compact pressed powder except for the packaging. It blends in great, not heavy or cakey. I love how it feels on my skin and especially how it has acne fighting ingredients.

on 9/6/2010 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this for 2 reasons: 1. I wanted to try a powder foundation. 2. I wanted a foundation that would not hurt my acne. I got both of my wishes with this! It comes with a little circular applicator with 2 sides, one for a foundation look and one for a more sheer look. Both are great and I use this every day, either alone or over my liquid foundation. I am so happy with this and I have it in Buff; it suits my skin tone so well that the first time I applied it, I couldn't even see it! I am extremely happy with this and I recommend it to anyone.

on 5/31/2010 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought I would like Neutrogena because it advertizes to be skin clearing and healthy. (I've also tried the loose powder.) I really can't think of a pro right now...hmm maybe color? I tend to stay away from pressed powder because I feel it doesn't apply right to my oily skin. This goes on "chalky" like another reviewer mentioned. It really makes my skin look dry (even in areas that don't tend to get dry) and it doesn't do anything to clear my skin. Oh one pro is that it does help with the shine, but that is by drying it out. The price tag is way to high.

on 5/16/2010 1:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

i use this powder over my nuetrogena oil free skin clearing make up, so its not to shinny, and it is good, i only wear make up 3 days a week and the rest of the days i just go bare faced with some eye liner, but ive been using neutrogena products for years and i like it, :)