Wet 'n' Wild Protein Mascara

2.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/12/2012 7:02:00 PM

Okay I bought this product a couple of months ago, and it just really didnt work for me. TAKES A LONG TIME TO DRY!!! It didn't do much for my lashes... probably because it was dirt cheap at about 1.00. In conclusion... Meh.

on 10/31/2011 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this mascara because I figured it would be good for my lashes more than most and it's affordable. The formula is a bit wet, which I normally am wary of. It does give a nice natural look and lengthens + can be built up for thickness. The tube is really bulky and kinda ugly though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

What I like about this product: Doesn't irritate my eyes, goes on easy, doesn't flake.

What I dislike about this product: The main thing I need out of a mascara is a bit of length since I have short black lashes. This mascara doesn't really serve my purposes, BUT if you have long lashes that are just a bit light, this will make an EXCELLENT Mascara.

i love this mascara!!! its amazing!! first of all its superrrr cheap!!! its like $2!! second it comes off really easy! if you dont have makeup remover or you dont have much time for tAking off makeup, get this. it comes off with water! if you go swimming or are in the waTer a lot, and if you dont already have it, you should definitely get some waterproof mascara for those days. one more thing is that it looks great on my eyelashes. i would definitely buy this again

on 9/2/2011 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I like this mascara. It doesn't really add much length or volume, but it does separate them nicely and is natural looking. Also, I do see a little difference in my lashes, not a dramatic change but a tiny one. I use this with another mascara, and the finished look is great!

on 8/6/2011 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Given that I just added the picture of the new look of the Mega Protein, I dont know why this has such bad reviews I would like to think its because of the old formula. Either way the new Mega Protein is love! I would recommend this to any one that doesn't like that "clumpy" looks on their lashes. It has left my lashes long, not very volumous but some-what and extremely soft and it is easy to take off.

If you want something that is going to give you a difference but not a dramatic look try this. Its great for school makeup or everyday makeup.

The first time i tried this around my friends they noticed my lashes look longer and fuller. Especially that my own lashes are very short and brittle they thought I was using some kind of treatment, but when i told them it was Wet N Wild's Mega Protein they where amazed!!!!!!!! :)

on 3/7/2011 2:42:00 PM

I agree with the others, this is the worst mascara I've ever tried. Its dry and just weird. Has a odd smell too.

on 2/9/2011 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Quite possibly the worst mascara I've ever worn. The mascara tube is very small, and the bristle/wand is almost laughably skimpy and short. I purchased this because i wanted to give it a try, it was reasonably priced and i thought the protein in it would be beneficial to my lashes. WRONG.
The formula is extremely wet and soppy, i've gotten plenty on my eyelid by accident. If you happen to rub your eyes, smudge city. It literally wipes off immediately. There's no lash lengthening or thickening that with this mascara. I will never purchase a Wet N Wild mascara again.

on 1/15/2011 3:22:00 PM

Stains clothes
Little product in tube
Generic brush

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I concur with SmolderMeSuburbia's review. Gooey, ooey (sp?) rich and chewy--hey, it contains protein, supposedly! Maybe it contains tofu chunks, for all I can tell.

It's really difficult to apply because it's so clumpy and waxy. But it's even harder to get off. What a mess! Ugh.

The only possibly redeeming feature of this product is the brush. Somehow, I cleaned it off. It's useful for cleaning mildew off my grout. :-(

Sorry to be so negative. Maybe I got a bad tube. But I'm pretty good at makeup application--I think it's just a sub-par product. Wet n Wild makes some decent products, especially for the price, but this isn't one of them. Maybe I'll try one of their other more highly recommended mascaras--at the price, they're worth a gamble.