April 16, 2014 | 2057 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Cocoa Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by solg

I hate body lotions that take forever to absorb and you have to wait to get dressed without it sticking to your clothes. Despite of being a body butter, this sink into my skin really quickly, leaving my skin super soft. I used it during the summer and my skin absorbed it faster than a regular lotion. I love the smell, it's delicious, that's why I got it in the first place, but it's a personal thing, they have a few other fragrances.
I highly recommend this if you like body butters!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by BelleFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't enjoy this moisturizer because i absolutely can not stand the smell of this. I was excited getting this because I love all things cocoa. However, this just sits on my counter because the smell is nauseating to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by auee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I have dry skin and decided to pick up this product.
I was really looking forward to be taking a shower and using this.
I applied it on my body and it was SO greasy. It didn't absorb into my skin, it was just there on the surface of my skin. It was just so greasy and heavy.
Stupid as I am, I let it stay on my skin overnight. The next morning when I woke up, I had lots of red acne ALL over my back and shoulders! It was such a big shock for me, because when I say lots, I mean LOTS!
This happened to me perhaps half a year ago, and to this day, I have scars on my back thanks to the acne...
To anyone who easily breaks out from "heavy" products or has sensitive skin, do not use this body butter! If you want to try it out, just use it on a small area and see how your skin reacts. You do not want to risk getting acne by applying this butter all over your body!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

I love the TBS Cocoa Butter body butter - it's one of my very favorite body butters and one of my favorite TBS products of all time. A delicious light chocolate-vanllla scent that stays true, and goes well with many other fragrances nearby. Very comforting, nurturing fragrance. Try TBS body butters out in the small size to see how you like them. If you like a fragrance, then get the large size and keep the small size container for travel. TBS has expanded their Cocoa Butter line to include a Cocoa Butter Oil for face, hair, body. Also a Cocoa Butter lotion. Both of these blend and play well with the Cocoa Butter body butter. Try combining or layering some of the TBS Coconut and Cocoa Butter body butters for a delicious exotic blend.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Hoppla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Extremely disappointed with this product.

Just sits on you skin like grease and does not sink in. No moiturising effect whatsoever.

Great smell which is a nice marketing gimmick, but a rubbish product overall.

Plus the Body Shop now tests on animals through L'oreal which owns the Body Shop.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Rosielle91

This was my first TBS body butter. I loved t so much i bought a few more of them after I finished the first one. It smells a little bit like raw cocoa and i love the thick and creamy consistency of it. The smell might be a little bit strong for some people but for me its fine. Perfect for winter times! Would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by millenababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very thick and moisturizing, and excellent boddy butter which leaves skin soft and hydrated. However, I was expecting more of a "chocolate scent". It smells a bit strange...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This smells lovely and is a great moisturiser for winter months. I use it more as a treat than an every day type of moisturiser because is thick and creamy (which isn't a bad thing).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by applestrudle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! I have seen a real improvement to my skin. Before it would get really dry and flakely but after using this, it's really soft!! The only bad sides are the price (but I try to get mine when it's on offer/with a coupon) and the smell. I really like foody scents so I expected this to smell of chocolate but it doesn't. It's not an awful smell though, which it good.
So yeah, overall awesome!! =)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by pineapple1187

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nice texture. I like it. Someone has to be very careful with the quantity though. The smell is very discreet, but it does not smell like chocolate to my nose. mostly like a nutty butter or so :-) all in all, i am happy to use this product. i would not rebuy it though. i'd rather try out the olive body butter next!