Karin Herzog Mild Scrub

Aqua, Calcium Carbonate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 8/16/2003 5:21:00 PM

I love the way this scrub makes my skin feel - sorta clean and smooth. I like that it doesn't have many ingredients, and it does what it says it does. I use it every day and I hope never to be without it.

on 6/24/2003 8:23:00 AM

I really didn't like this product. While it does a perfectly decent job of exfoliating, I've noticed that whenever I use it my pores look very clogged afterwards. I think it could be the white marble powder that is causing this; in any event it's the first time I've ever used a facial scrub that has clogged my pores. It's also quite expensive, and in this price range I think there are many better alternatives.

on 6/12/2003 2:29:00 PM

I received a sample of this in a swap, so I've tried it out a few times. It's just OK - gritty and very utilitarian in texture, it does a decent job without any irritation. I haven't noticed any real difference in my skintone or acne, though, so it didn't have much of an impact. And I found out that a tube is $35?!? That's just too much to pay for a scrub that's just OK in every respect.

on 4/3/2003 3:38:00 PM

This is a pretty good scrub, but I do notice that it isn't that much different from baking soda and cetaphil when it comes to exfoliating. It's a white paste, sort of like an emollient toothpaste, with a fair amount of granules that are slightly larger in size than baking soda. One thing I noticed about this is that as you keep exfoliating, you'll start to notice a waxy texture in the base, and when you rinse off, some of that waxiness stays on your face. I think it's to retain moisture, which it does a good job of doing. My skin feels like it doesn't really require another moisturizer (but I have combo skin). But, it does still feel like I have residue on my skin--I don't get that fresh clean feeling that some other scrubs give me. This mild scrub is something I could use everday, but I wouldn't depend on it if I needed a truly flake-free face for a special occasion--it's just not strong enough. Overall a good product though for drier, more sensitive skins that don't flake a lot.

on 9/5/2002 8:03:00 PM

My holy grail. Will repurchase again and again. Love it even more than the much raved about Dermalogica Microfoliant. Super gentle -- even for my sensitive skin. Contains natural marble grains. I use twice a week and find that it leaves my skin very smooth.

on 8/16/2001 5:55:00 PM

Lovely Lovely Lovely. Gentle and natural. Leaves skin glowing. I mix a little with my cleanser sometimes to get a deep down clean. Lovely.

on 6/29/2001 4:30:00 PM