Jason Natural Cosmetics extra rich biotin shampoo

3.3

Not tested on animals

on 4/19/2013 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I used to use this years ago and loved it. I haven't been able to find it since 2009 so I'm doing a review for the old formula. It had an awesome mint scent to it that stuck with my hair the entire day. I used to use it daily because I ran 2-3 hour track practices in hot weather. My hairdresser was always amazed that I never had split ends after 6 months of no cuts. Honestly, only reason I ever went in to get my hair cut was because the style had grown out. My hair grew incredibly fast. Ever 1yr 4 months I gave 8 inches to cancer. We have hard water in my area and I never had residue left in my hair. I used Giovanni mousse at that time and it was always easy to shampoo out of my hair with this. I was also able to wear my hair naturally wavy without help from any product or hair appliance (I used mousse only when I wanted it super curly). When I switched over to commercial shampoo with sulfates in it again my hair went insanely frizzy. I personally loved this stuff but it looks like the formula has changed and it is no longer available in my area so I guess that's a blessing in disguise. I now use Green Beaver Cranberry Delight shampoo+conditioner and so far am loving that it gives me the same tingly mint feeling that this shampoo did. I gave it a 4 instead of 5 because the formula changed and I did find that I had to wash my hair daily with this.

on 3/6/2013 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

For being SLS free, this shampoo has a wonderful lather. It also helped stop me from shedding so much.

on 2/22/2013 1:24:00 AM

I ued to use Jason's Biotin shampoo years ago and I loved the stuff to death now it's be tweaked. I might as well wash my hair with oil cause this is absolutely terrible. Weighs hair down to the point your hair looks downright greasy and dirty. WTH!!! Worst poo ever.

on 1/16/2013 3:22:00 PM

My hair: fine, thin, straight
My hair goals: mainly more volume!

This is my favorite shampoo of all time. Doesn't really smell like anything to me, which is fine. Volumizing without being drying.

on 8/12/2012 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I really cannot say enough about this line of shampoos. I bought the shampoo and conditioner of this particular biotin one, and the Thin to Thick (apricot, I think), and really my hair's gone back to its natural, soft, shiny state that it was before I damaged it with all the bleaching, coloring, and heat & chemicals. My hair is SO soft, but not flat.
For this particular shampoo, I feel like it should be rinsed out longer than usual -I feel like it stays in if you do a quick rinse that you're used to with commercial shampoos. That's not a problem for me though! Love, love. Will def be sticking with Jason's.

on 7/12/2012 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this biotin shampoo! One of the better organic/natural shampoos on the market, in my opinion. Many natural shampoos are simply not moisturizing enough for my hair. I have heavily highlighted hair that can be really dry and this shampoo/conditioner combo leaves my hair silky soft with no nasty residue/build-up. I get this for $6 at my local grocery store and the bottles are huge (can't remember if it is a 16 or 18 oz. bottle), so it's very economical as well! I do not have any issues with this shampoo lathering nicely. I get plenty of suds and my hair feels nice and clean, sans tangles and knots. It does have an herbal scent, but that's better to me any day than a cloying synthetic perfume. Since I had converted to primarily natural products many years ago, I have a lot of issues with synthetic fragrances. The bottle I purchased is the 'New and Improved' version, so I cannot vouch for the older version.

on 11/11/2011 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this out of sheer desperation because my regular shampoo was out of stock, and I honestly regret doing so. The packaging is nice, and I'm not crazy about the scent, but it's not bad; it's very herbal. I've used Jason Natural products in the past and have really liked them all, but so far I am not impressed with this. I have fine, very curly hair and after shampooing and conditioning (I use Jason daily fragrance free conditioner), and letting it air dry like usual, my hair felt weighed down, almost greasy; like I had never washed it to begin with. On the bottle it said "new and improved", so maybe the formula was better before they made the change? I'm not sure since this is my first time using this product. I guess I'll use the rest of the bottle since it wasn't cheap ($10 at my local Whole Foods) and maybe see if using less will help the issues I'm having, but I don't think I will be buying this product again.

on 11/8/2011 7:28:00 AM

It's refreshing and makes the hair really soft and bright but for me, it makes me ich my scalp a little.

If you want a discount for your first order on iherb.com use this code LOP784 at checkout

on 10/6/2010 3:17:00 PM

This is a great shampoo. It smells nice and cleans hair very well. My hair feels softer after using this, naturally soft, not silicone soft. This is not really supposed to lather, so don't worry when it doesn't -- it's still cleaning your hair. Overall a really nice natural shampoo, I will definitely repurchase and try all the other kinds as well.

on 9/23/2010 1:26:00 PM

I'm in love with most of Jason's products. I've tried all but 2 or 3 types of their shampoos and conditioners and I like each one equally. Does this shampoo/condtioner actually promote more hair growth? I don't know, I haven't seen a real difference in that, but it does leave my hair clean, soft, smooth, yet bouncy and full of body. I like that the Jason smells fade quick, and I also like that they have cones in them. I have a few cone free shampoo/conditioners, but i really feel like having a cone in it helps tame hair better. And since cones aren't toxic and rarely comedogenic, i don't mind that it's synthetic.

For those of you trying sulfate free shampoos for the first time, please take my advice and stick with it if you feel like your hair is acting funky for the first week or two. I switched almost three months ago and my hair is so much better off now. But, I did experience some issues when I first transitioned, I mean I had been pouring sulfates on my head for over 20 years, so I just gave my hair some time to adjust and am extremely happy with the results now.

Top Rated Jason Natural Cosmetics Products