July 24, 2014 | 1852 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by sandyatthebeach1

This is my favorite powder of all time, and man have I tried a lot of powders. For a reference point, I have combination oily-dehydrated skin that's really sensitive and breakout prone. This powder has done absolutely nothing to hurt my skin, and, for the record, I'm crazy neurotic about skin care. This powder is fantastic; it doesn't make me breakout or clog my pores; it's finely milled, but not too fine that it gets everywhere; it has the perfect amount of coverage, and best of all, it gives your skin a perfect finish. It blurs your pores, doesn't accentuate dry patches, and it really just looks great on the skin. I've tried other MAC powders, and a whole mess of high end and drugstore ones, and none of them worked for me- too heavy, too light, too coarse, oxidizes, weird color selection, no lasting power... after I found this, though, I haven't felt the need to go for anything else. It's definitely my HG- it even comes with a really good powder puff! The MAC powder puffs tend to be terrible and distribute product unevenly, but the one that's included with the Select Sheer powder is soft and cushiony, and does pretty well in a pinch. I usually just use a fluffy brush lightly, though, which works best for me.
Definitely give this one a go; such an underrated product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by cmax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS SO MUCH. Controls my shine in the hot humid Singapore weather and does not cost a bomb or clog my pores unlike other powders. Will definitely repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So not impressed MAC. I dropped it onto carpet the first day I got it and it chipped straight away. Carried it around in my handbag for touchups and after about a month I opened my makeup bag to find it in a million pieces. What a waste! Really not good enough for the price I paid, I wasn't throwing it around either. While I don't like to say it - my Rimmel Stay Matte powder is still in the pan and I think does a better job on T-Zone touchups than this pressed powder.

Maybe I got a bad one - but for an item that is designed for continent touchups it left me out of pocket. The powder is nothing special, my skin is normal and I think the lasting power of this is not that impressive.

I recommend NARS powder - I have loose powder and it is heavenly, going to skip MAC for that next I think!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

This is my HG face powder. I've used it for about a decade now (on my 4th compact). It's perfectly matte, goes on flawlessly, and never looks cakey if I apply it with a brush. You do want to make sure you get a good skintone match - this powder seems a lot more fickle about that than others I've used. (I had a tan last year, went to about NW20, and my NW15 looked noticeably blue and ashy.) There's really nothing bad about it, though I get the best results using a brush instead of the sponge included. I've had a hard time buying it the last year or so. I'm not sure if it's being discontinued, but I really hope not.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by marinasdiamonds

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My all time favorite powder. I have been through line after line, you name it. Clinique, Lancome, Bobbi Brown, Too Faced, ect. Nothing works or feels better than this powder. I have oily skin and I am prone to breakouts and this is like magic to put over my skin. It doesn't seem to clog my pores or create more oil unlike the way other products might do. The only thing though is that if it's warm out or you start to sweat your nose may be the first area to notice your makeup caking off. Other than that, perfecto.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by HaNNieSvedje

This product is my essential, I can't live without it. It gives just the right amount of coverage, not too much, and not too little. I also love the sponge it comes with. I buy a new one about every 6 weeks, I use it so much. The only reasons I didn't give it a 5 star is because I think it is very expensive, and the coverage doesn't last as long as I'd like, I need to top it up again every hour or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupstuffs

I came here to express my love for this product. I have been using the select sheer pressed powder in NC15 for 2 months now. I was previously using the chanel poudre universalle pressed powder (translucent). Although I loved how finely milled the product was and how it never caked, it was not matte enough for my ridiculously oily skin and i could do with a tiny bit more coverage. So i tried the mac which is another very finely milled product. I love it because it disguises my massive pores and it has a matte finish (more matte than the studiofix powder which i don't find matte at all within half an hour on my greasy skin). This gives me an airbrushed finish and looks good throughout the day (not as good as in the morning as I just produce too much oil). Initially I didn't like it because I was used to the chanel which doesn't cake at all and is very sheer, this has more coverage which I now find amazing as for the first time i hardly need to use liquid foundation just a bit in my t zone (to help with the massive pores) then i use concealer for spots and brush this all over with a powder brush (Mac 129).
Personally I would describe this as a light-buildable coverage finely milled powder good for oily/combination skin types and those with large pores. This doesn't cake on me (may do on drier skins). NB: This in NC15 is equivalent to NC20 in the studiofix powder so for very pale skin types (porcelain) might not work. Also not great for dry skin due to very matte/powdery nature.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by marinnashea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Was introduced to MAC a few years ago & won't use anything else. I truly love all the products I have tried. Worth every penny. :)

Select Sheer/Pressed
NC30

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by kellyyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i really like this powder and i have repurchased it. provides a nice coverage and sets my foundation really well. only downside is that it can cake up if you apply to much product and it does "crack" a litle throughout the day on the dry parts of my skin (like my t zone). overally i really do like this product though, i use it daily.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by GGnumber1fan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This pressed powder by MAC is one of my favourite products MAC offers. It is also one of the first products I've ever used by MAC. It's SUPER silky and blends over your skin seamlessly. I use it to set makeup before heading out the door. I've already hit pan a while ago, but it has definitely lasted me a while. It costs $24.00 US which really isn't too bad, considering this is a high-end makeup product. I bring this powder everywhere I go. It fits easily anywhere, even in your pocket- it's great! Like most MAC powders, this comes with a powder-puff. I personally LOVE it, it really allows the powder to press onto my skin as opposed to let it sit over it, (if that makes sense). Otherwise, I just use a regular powder brush, or a kabuki.

I wear shade NC25 even though I'm probably more of an NW25. It's OK though because the yellow-undertones soothe any redness on my face. As I said, the product blends seamlessly- it's extremely finely milled and does NOT make you look powdery or cakey. This is a sheer powder- it's honestly like the matte version of the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, which I own as well.

Overall, if you haven't tried this powder yet, you definitely need to; just try it on when you visit a MAC store or counter. I would FOR SURE recommend this over most powders MAC has to offer. If you're on the hunt for a sheer powder that will give you just a tad more coverage but won't look powdery- this is for you!