August 20, 2014 | 1893 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I picked this up at a CCO as a replacement for my Blot Powder that was on its way out. While I do still love the Blot Powder, this gives a bit more coverage throughout the day. I don't find that it breaks down badly (I've got a super oily t-zone and cheeks), and it keeps me shine-free for a reasonable amount of time. With the amount of oil that my stupid face produces, I don't expect miracles, lol. I love the packaging of MAC powders, and that's why I continue to splurge on them vs. something cheaper and just as good at the drugstore. That's silly of me, I know. But they just LOOK nice when you whip them out of your bag to touch up!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by coleyCol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My shade: NC 15. I originally bought this while having a "MAC Attack" & expected it to sit unused in my makeup drawer as I really only Wear Makeup once or twice a month. But I had started wearing MAC BB Cream (Light Plus) a few months ago on workdays to even out a little redness & for the extra sunscreen. I decided to set the BB with this powder & was in love. I have pretty great skin 95% of the time & this combo made it look flawless. I love the sheer coverage I get applying this with a big fluffy powder brush. I get tons on compliments on my skin & I'm pretty sure no-one realizes I'm getting any help. Which is perfect when I'm not doing my eyes or blush. When I want to look like I'm Wearing Makeup, I've actually given up my MAC loose mineral foundation in favor of a heavier application of SSPP, usually with the complexion brush by Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by mrsyogantoro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The top criteria when searching for good powder, for me, is its ability to reduce the shininess on my super oily skin. This MAC powder did a great job. I bought it in NC30 (while my skin is more on NC35) because by far I always pick the darker shade for foundation and it makes my skin look dull if I wear the 'true' shade of my skin for powder. Thus, I bought NC30 and it successfully makes my skin brighter. It also lasts all day, and I do not need to touch up, only blot my face once after having my lunch and re-apply my lipstick. Okay, this is MAC, and it supposed to do such great job, but one more point that stands out is because this powder minimizes my large pores! Unbelievable! It really does. This quickly becomes my HG powder, and will definitely repurchase. Maybe next time I'll just buy NC35 or NC37 and on the other hand I can find foundation that is slightly lighter than my skin color. Love this a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by sandyatthebeach1

This is my favorite powder of all time, and man have I tried a lot of powders. For a reference point, I have combination oily-dehydrated skin that's really sensitive and breakout prone. This powder has done absolutely nothing to hurt my skin, and, for the record, I'm crazy neurotic about skin care. This powder is fantastic; it doesn't make me breakout or clog my pores; it's finely milled, but not too fine that it gets everywhere; it has the perfect amount of coverage, and best of all, it gives your skin a perfect finish. It blurs your pores, doesn't accentuate dry patches, and it really just looks great on the skin. I've tried other MAC powders, and a whole mess of high end and drugstore ones, and none of them worked for me- too heavy, too light, too coarse, oxidizes, weird color selection, no lasting power... after I found this, though, I haven't felt the need to go for anything else. It's definitely my HG- it even comes with a really good powder puff! The MAC powder puffs tend to be terrible and distribute product unevenly, but the one that's included with the Select Sheer powder is soft and cushiony, and does pretty well in a pinch. I usually just use a fluffy brush lightly, though, which works best for me.
Definitely give this one a go; such an underrated product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by cmax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS SO MUCH. Controls my shine in the hot humid Singapore weather and does not cost a bomb or clog my pores unlike other powders. Will definitely repurchase!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So not impressed MAC. I dropped it onto carpet the first day I got it and it chipped straight away. Carried it around in my handbag for touchups and after about a month I opened my makeup bag to find it in a million pieces. What a waste! Really not good enough for the price I paid, I wasn't throwing it around either. While I don't like to say it - my Rimmel Stay Matte powder is still in the pan and I think does a better job on T-Zone touchups than this pressed powder.

Maybe I got a bad one - but for an item that is designed for continent touchups it left me out of pocket. The powder is nothing special, my skin is normal and I think the lasting power of this is not that impressive.

I recommend NARS powder - I have loose powder and it is heavenly, going to skip MAC for that next I think!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

This is my HG face powder. I've used it for about a decade now (on my 4th compact). It's perfectly matte, goes on flawlessly, and never looks cakey if I apply it with a brush. You do want to make sure you get a good skintone match - this powder seems a lot more fickle about that than others I've used. (I had a tan last year, went to about NW20, and my NW15 looked noticeably blue and ashy.) There's really nothing bad about it, though I get the best results using a brush instead of the sponge included. I've had a hard time buying it the last year or so. I'm not sure if it's being discontinued, but I really hope not.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by marinasdiamonds

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My all time favorite powder. I have been through line after line, you name it. Clinique, Lancome, Bobbi Brown, Too Faced, ect. Nothing works or feels better than this powder. I have oily skin and I am prone to breakouts and this is like magic to put over my skin. It doesn't seem to clog my pores or create more oil unlike the way other products might do. The only thing though is that if it's warm out or you start to sweat your nose may be the first area to notice your makeup caking off. Other than that, perfecto.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by HaNNieSvedje

This product is my essential, I can't live without it. It gives just the right amount of coverage, not too much, and not too little. I also love the sponge it comes with. I buy a new one about every 6 weeks, I use it so much. The only reasons I didn't give it a 5 star is because I think it is very expensive, and the coverage doesn't last as long as I'd like, I need to top it up again every hour or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupstuffs

I came here to express my love for this product. I have been using the select sheer pressed powder in NC15 for 2 months now. I was previously using the chanel poudre universalle pressed powder (translucent). Although I loved how finely milled the product was and how it never caked, it was not matte enough for my ridiculously oily skin and i could do with a tiny bit more coverage. So i tried the mac which is another very finely milled product. I love it because it disguises my massive pores and it has a matte finish (more matte than the studiofix powder which i don't find matte at all within half an hour on my greasy skin). This gives me an airbrushed finish and looks good throughout the day (not as good as in the morning as I just produce too much oil). Initially I didn't like it because I was used to the chanel which doesn't cake at all and is very sheer, this has more coverage which I now find amazing as for the first time i hardly need to use liquid foundation just a bit in my t zone (to help with the massive pores) then i use concealer for spots and brush this all over with a powder brush (Mac 129).
Personally I would describe this as a light-buildable coverage finely milled powder good for oily/combination skin types and those with large pores. This doesn't cake on me (may do on drier skins). NB: This in NC15 is equivalent to NC20 in the studiofix powder so for very pale skin types (porcelain) might not work. Also not great for dry skin due to very matte/powdery nature.