July 24, 2014 | 1891 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by sarahellen1980

I was a massive fan of this foundation then moved to YSL etc but thanks to a recent bout of spots, I decided to repurchase recently. I made the rookie mistake of believing the beauty counter assistant when she suggested I choose shade up from what I was using to 'warm up my skin-tone' (Ladies, we all know what this means: Orange central!) Anyway clearly I don't take my own advice, so my orange little face walked to the till and my white hands happily forked out 38 euro for a bottle (only to see the full horror the next day in the car mirror).

BUT: this is not the only problem. It is just a little bit too like make up. Its very obvious that I'm wearing make up (OK OK the colour might have something to do with it) but also it feels heavy: I have an urge to go home and wash it off. It looks heavy, sits in my smile lines and just looks a bit masky for me. I think we can do better - to the back of the bathroom cabinet with it - sob.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by hurlyburly

I have tried so many foundations! Just to name a few- Dior, Clinique, Laura Mercier, Chanel(all of them), Le Metier de Beaute(both kinds), La Prairie, Bobbi Brown and etc. They claim to do what never actually accomplish.
Flawless skin? No!
Oil free skin? No!
Cover up blemishes? No!
Long wear?No!
Even out your skin? No!
I could go on and on. All spent hundreds of dollars on these expensive, "innovative", "revolutionary" foundations - none of them delivered what they promised to do.

Estee Lauder double wear foundation was the only foundation that could make my imperfect skin look absolutely beautiful! Some people even ask me what do I do with my skin that it looks so healthy (haha, I smoke, don't drink enough water, don't exercise, hate vegetables and fruits).The answer is Estee Lauder double wear foundation.

My skin is not simply acne prone, its covered with huge zits that just don't go away (though I am not an adolescent anymore). I have huge clogged pores that never disappear even after all the intricate beauty regimes,frequent visits to my dermatologist and my beauty aesthetician. Doctors tell me that its just genetic ( my dad still has some blemishes and he is in his mid-forties, my mom has huge pores and she is in her early forties).

So long story short, I found my perfect foundation! Estee Lauder double wear is not drying, it doesn't leave my face look like a mask even if I build up my foundation to two or even three layers, no oiliness, it stays on your skin literally for 24 hours ( I have tried that once). Also I have one forehead wrinkle that runs vertically right in between my eyebrows and despite the numerous amount of layers that I cover up my skin with, the foundation beautifully downplays the appearance of this otherwise quite visible flaw.

Also I found that this foundation doesn't sit on top of my skin like other foundation tend do to, its absorbed right in. Maybe this quality makes it very hard to wash it from your face - I have to wash it twice with a soap and use numerous pads with a make up removal solution.

The only thing that disappoints me about this foundation is that it lacks a pump - so sometimes I end up using more than I actually need.

By the way it is also the only foundation that compliments my skin tone - I use 1N2 ECRU 16. Absolutely amazing! Buy it and you won't regret your purchase.
The durability is amazing - I have been using it daily, and it lasts me for about 7 months. Considering all these factors one can actually see that the price is not that high, in fact, for it does, I think its surprisingly cheap! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the new formula*
HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION! I have very oily skin and I am in shade #2W2 Rattan (MAC NC30) and it matches me perfectly. It looks so natural and beautiful! Photographs amazing and this foundation is just perfection. Looks so beautiful on the skin and flawless. I use my beauty blender and it just looks incredible. Covers all my blemishes, and acne scars! The packaging is also beautiful which is a bonus. Doesn't budge, transfer, or oxidize! I was crying one time and it was pouring rain like in The Notebook and I left my umbrella in the car. When I got inside my makeup still looked beautiful and I thought the raindrops would have ruined my foundation but it hadnt budged! AMAZING FOUNDATION! HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Run and buy this don't walk! I will repurchase this foundation forever

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Paulinecheyram

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly think the old formula isn't much different from the new formula. I love love loveeee this foundation. Staying power, oil control, and finish are the best! MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE PART OF THIS FOUNDATION, is the color selection! Revlon colorstay is a great foundation as well and has a wide selection of colors, HOWEVER, their 'yellow' undertone foundations are more of a peachy pink not yellow (I used their natural tan and golden beige colors). EL DW is one of the few foundations that has TRUE yellow undertone colors! I use the color Rattan, and it has a true yellow undertone that looks SO beautiful on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Blondiebec

Been using this for 5 years. Best foundation I have ever tried!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by 5starchikita

Estee Lauder Double Wear stays exactly where you put it without smudging, budging or sweating off from humidity.

This is my favorite go to foundation when i need to wear something thats going to last the entire day and night. It goes on smooth and lasts all day and night just like it promises. Being fair skinned it can be hard for me to find a foundation that works well with my skin tone and this one does.It is the only foundation I have found that give me a flawless finish. I have some pigmentation and it covers them very well without concealer. This doesn't make me breakout and looks and feels great.

A little bit really goes a long way and a whole bottle will last me months and months. I dont wear it on my entire face daily as i do find that my skin starts to dry out, so its more an "occasion" foundation, however i do use it daily on my nose as thats the area of my face that looses foundation the quickest. I set my foundation with my Dr Hauschka setting powder, which helps it to last even longer and gives a great finish.

The downside is: it's expensive at $80.00 NZ a bottle and it doesn't come with a pump which would be nice. But since I love it so much, I will continue to buy it when i run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by justanne

I only used up a sample of this, which lasted me almost two weeks & I think it's a decent amount of time to come up w/ a review. First of all, Tawny's a tad bit dark on my skin (fair skin with yellow undertones) but its not too obvious that mg face is a completely different shade from my neck. Somehow, I like that it's darker cos it seems to conceal better & just gives off this healthy, sunkissed look. Second, coverage. Well, what can i say. I am floored! This is by far the best foundation I have used in terms of coverage. Blemish? What blemish?! It conceals & stays put until you decide to take it off. Another thing to love is that it feels so LIGHT on the skin. Despite te full coverage, it doesn't give that heavy feeling that most foundations give. Surprisingly, my Missha Pore Cover bb cream feels a lot heavier than Doube Wear. Shocker, I know as it's a bb cream & it's suppose to be lighter than a foundation but NO. I've used Missha long enough to know so believe me when I say that Double Wear is such a breeze to wear. And lastly, outstanding wear time. I have an oily T-zone, but my oilies only starts to creep in on the 6th hour mark. It's amazing! It pretty much ticks all the boxes so I am definitely heading to an EL counter this weekend because as my sample's about to run out. I love this stuff & hopefully they don't ever discontinue this.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by timeaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I did really like this product when i first bought it - loved the coverage and how it lasts all day. My skin is pretty oily and I have found this is the only foundation that I don't have to worry about not lasting or separating from the oil. But, even though they say it is non-acogenic (not meant to break you out), my skin didn't look the best when I used it 2-3 days in a row. I don't usually get pimples but I found using this foundation I got a few little bumps on the surface and little red spots (like tiny pimples).

Another thing I didn't like about it was how it looks in photos. It looks really flat and because of the SPF my face looked really white in photos.

I think I may repurchase in the future (if my skin gets more oily) just because it lasts really well, but I'm not keen on how it makes my skin look without makeup the next day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by jasthill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My oh my. I was one of those oily skinned, face full of acne girls who read about this product for a year or more before finally caving and let me tell you people - YOU NEED TO CAVE !

I went to the Estee Lauder counter at my local mall and asked for a sample. PLEASE get a sample before you buy this because my sample lasted me a week and a half, plus they color match you. You literally don't need much of this product to look and feel great!

I did cave in and by the expensive $37 bottle, and I love it. I think that it does a wonderful job of covering my acne as well as keeping me matte. It also stays on foreverrrr. So even if I need a small touch up here or there, for the most part, that stuff is not coming off of your face unless you make it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by tashab17

This is the best foundation I have ever used. For the first time in my life I have the perfect colour foundation for me and my skin is not freaking out.

I think the 'double wear' phrase really throws people off but it's not as thick as you would expect to be. I don't think it is suitable for every day wear and I usually on wear it on special occasions during the week and weekends when I go out. I have really problematic skin and for some reason my skin does not hate this foundation which is great for me. I think it's lovely and it feels so smooth when it goes out. The coverage is great and it hides all of my scars and blemishes.

Definitely worth going to the Estee Lauder counter and grabbing a tester to test it on yourself!