October 25, 2014 | 1740 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 9:39:00 AM More reviews by nataliejanexx

this is my hg foundation. price is reflected in quality. only problem is the bottle. it's heavy and hard to get product out of.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 6:47:00 AM More reviews by loobyl

I think I have just found my HG foundation and its only taken me since 1982 to find it! I bought this for 30 euros in Tawny which is a shade darker than I ususally use but when topped with a lighter loose powder gives a lighter finish. Used with clarins primer first and then I use a tiny amount on nose, chin , cheeks and forehead and blend in as fast as I can as it dries fast so I tend to do one part at a time so that it doesn´t dry out before I have blended it in.
    I am left with a flawless almost photoshop complexion. I´d already forked out over 80 euros for la mer foundation a month before and discovered that I am allergic to some of the ingrediants in the cream and the foundation-it made my skin dry and itchy so bye bye to spending over 400 euros on something I am now using as a hand cream and I will use the foundation maybe once a month as I tend to get itchy if I use the foundation for more than 3 days. The only drawback to double wear is its not in a pump bottle and you really have to be careful when pouring it onto my fingers. I tend to have oily skin but not as oily as when I was in my 30s (I´m now 47). This leaves a shine free skin until you take it off at night and the staying power is great- I normally end up with no make up on my face by 5 p.m with other brands.
    I am thinking of buying the light version for when summer begins as this might be a bit too heavy in 40 degree heat.
    I´m so glad I decided to try it as I have wasted so much money on both high and low end foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by hannymully

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

With this product I only have the sample at the moment, but I suggest everyone go to your nearest counter and ask for one! It's the best make-up coverage I have had including MAC! It has the smoothest feeling on your skin, and it dries nicely which means you can always add another layer (not that you'll probably need to). I wore it out to an absolutely boiling bar last night and it was amazing at staying in place, I looked only pleasantly blushing when I should have been a shining ruby colour. I have genuinely never looked so flawless, it is full coverage though (not cakey) so I suspect its not a day make-up for everyone (I will wear it day & night though, who wouldn't want to look flawless all the time?) I was originally matched up incorrectly, so a sample is imperative. It is something I am 99% I am going to purchase after my sample is finished. I have other samples to try of other brands, I think it would be extremely hard for one of them to beat this one though!

NB: Packaging quality is irrelevant at present - although I understand glass packaging can be tricky

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by sdrayt1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got 2 10-day samples of Double Wear and this was enough to let me know that I would not be purchasing the full size. As a WOC, I have a hard time with MUAs color matching me. I’m BB 6.5, Mac NC 50/NW45 for reference. I was color matched with Truffle and it was all wrong. I don’t understand how a MUA can “color match” in poor dim lighting but they seem to certainly try. Anyway, Truffle 6N1 is too dark upon application and gets darker as the day goes on. I probably should have insisted on getting multiple colors to sample.

The coverage seems a bit heavy and leaves a powdery, mask like finish. Since I’m fairly oily, I don’t care for foundations with dewy finishes but this left me looking dull and like I over powdered. It does seem to do a good job of controlling oil. I like how the formula covers well and stays put but it is thick and heavy so I’ll have to pass on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by arrasarras

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this foundation very much but they changed the colors in Europe.
    We can only buy dark yellow and orange tones. And the most women are light clored in Europe. I miss the old nr. 1 and 2 and I hope that Estee Lauder turns it back.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by hanxhanx

I love this foundation. It really does LAST. So much so that it is actually quite difficult to get off your face.
    I have never had any issues with it at all, I went in to a shop and got matched to Fresco and have been using it for about 6 months.
    If you want a foundation that lasts and gives amazing coverage then this is perfect.
    However, it is very heavy and I have to use my fingers to apply it because it never seems to look even when I use a brush as it drys so quickly.
    I prefer it so much to MAC and clinique, but I think its probably a bit heavy for daytime wear but I will definitely always have a bottle for when I'm going out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by NatashaR

I've been on the hunt for a good foundation for my skin type for a long time. My skin is extremely oily, acne-prone, and scarred...basically a nightmare. After a horrible experience with the Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage for Face and Body, I was almost ready to give up on Estee Lauder foundations. I ended up getting a 10 day sample of Double Wear- the colour was a perfect match for my skin. After I used up my entire sample I bought the full size. This is probably the best foundation I have come across. Medium-full coverage, decent oil control, and most importantly- doesn't break me out! Just a warning, though. This product WILL break you out if you don't remove it properly. I suggest using something like olive oil to help remove makeup, followed by a lathery gel cleanser and toner. Or if you can afford expensive makeup remover, I'm sure that works too!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by deedee2707

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've tried a lot of foundation, in the search for the perfect one for my extreme oily face. ELDW gives a matte finish, with medium to full coverage. The BA matched me with Tawny, my shade is usually NC37/40 with MAC studiofix. The finish immo is similar to studiofix or studiotech, but with a little loose powder, ELDW lasts much much longer. It stays in my face until I take it off in the morning before going to bed. Of course I still have to blot every few hours, for me it is a miracle.

The downside is, because of the full coverage, the face tends to get a little bit flat, so if you have a dry skin, you need to contour a bit or give a little highlighter on the cheek area. Since I have an extremely oily face, I don't need to, the oil will show within a few minutes, and gives me that dewy finish.

And the glass bottle, it's a little bit hard to pour a small amount on the top of your hand, maybe it's the consistency. I often pour too much than I need to.

Overall, this is my HG foundation that i wear on daily basis, i feel like i have something on my face, but it doesn't bother me, I learned to ignore it. I'm with my 3rd bottle, and will always repurchase until it is discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Nic767

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good coverage, a little heavy

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by mzcris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am an absolute fan of this liquid foundation. It has shades that matches my very yellow yet tan complexion. It offers full coverage needing very little product. The matte finish controls my oiliness all day. It lasts all day as it proves itself to be "long-lasting." I have been using this product on a weekly basis (1-3 times/week) for four months. I have tried many liquid foundations and this has not made my hormonal acne skin breakout. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have a pump but that's a packaging issue and not a flaw in the product itself.