Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 3/2/2013 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this foundation about 3 years ago and I didn't like it because the color didn't match me and I was new to foundations so I didn't know the right way to apply it So after the last 2 years or so, I tried everything from Clinique, Chanel, Dior, back to Chanel & I couldn't find what I wanted in a foundation. So this year I rediscovered Estee Lauder double wear and I fell in love with it! This foundation matches my skin tone like no other & best of all, it does not change colors and turn me orange. I use this foundation with a beauty blender because it works BEST! It evens out redness & covers acne scarring because it is full coverage. However, in my opinion it's definately not buildable because it will get cakey & you will have to start over. But overall it's a great foundation I'm very happy :)

on 3/1/2013 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

HATE this product. If you think Revlon Colorstay or Mac Studio Fix are mask-like this is on a whole different level. I found this to be insanely heavy and uncomfortable to wear and just not natural looking. The one pro I will say is that there is an excellent color selection, so finding the right shade should be easy.

Anyway, after trying this I went straight back to my HG which is revlon colorstay. I had only decided to try double wear because I had seen the positive reviews and was curious. Colorstay is a fraction of the cost, and has a much more natural look and feel (just don't use too much). And it also stays put incredibly well, even through swimming in the summer!

on 3/1/2013 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this foundation, the color, the soft focus finish and the extreme durability of it, but every time I wear it during the day, my fiancé has that look on his face like, "woah, that's some heavy makeup she's wearing...". I can tell he doesn't like it because he prefers the no makeup look and although he never says anything, it's just one of those foundations that really LOOKS like makeup. Definitely not natural looking, unfortunately.

on 3/1/2013 5:29:00 PM

Really liked the coverage it gave me and the colour was perfect for my skin, but it was way too cakey and heavy on my skin, cannot wear it!

on 3/1/2013 4:50:00 PM

I have never tried the previous version of this foundation. Instead I've used Lancome Teint Idole, which was also changed and is pretty useless now. I'm so glad that I tried Double Wear! I use a moisturizer and an illuminating primer and then put on DW with My fingers. It gives me a perfect skin without looking powdery, it gives a subtle glow and stays on until the evening. I don't find it difficult to remove, I wash Twice with a cream wash. I don't have a problem with the shades either- 1N2 Ecru is perfect for my fair scandinavian skin!

on 3/1/2013 4:42:00 PM

Gives full coverage and lasts all day so perfect for work.My whole family uses this and our old Clinique and Clarins foundations have been binned. The pluses-excellent long lasting coverage. The down side is the rubbish bottle which I end up turning upside down to get the dregs of the foundation out, a pump would be brill! Also it dries very fast so you have to blend very quickly into your face so that it does not look uneven. It can look heavy if you apply slowly and it sinks in to dry patches but if you exfoliate, moisturise and apply fast then it is excellent. Used to apply with my fingers but now use Ubu foundation brush and that does give a more airbrushed look. Used the foundation applied with brush for a family photo shoot on my mum and her skin looked amazing, glowing and flawless. Estée Lauder double wear covers bad marks, scarring and major blemishes. You really would find it hard to identify bad skin wearing this. My family has HHT and this covers some pretty lumpy, raised lesions. It is fab for us but if you have decent skin with few blemishes then I would opt for something else.

on 3/1/2013 3:55:00 PM

I love this foundation I have oily skin with uneven skin tone and just 2/3 blemish marks this is perfect the coverage helps and it's the best thing for oily skins I don't have to powder my face through out the day I finish work and the foundation is still on so it's good for busy people that have oily skin , the only downside is that it doesn't have a pump if it did it would've been my world best foundation I waste so much product, other than it is amazing better than mac studio which WAS my favourite until this baby came into my life ,

on 2/28/2013 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This may be my favorite all time makeup. Great coverage. I love full coverage though and I personally think this feels a little mask like..so that is a small negative. I have super oily skin though and thats when it begins to bother me. If I blot its back to feelin good. I burnt my cheeks in the sun and this foundation is actually full coverage enough that it evened out my whole face to being one even pretty tone. I wish they had more of a color selection..None matched me so I have to add powder bronzer, This is definitely a dupe for revlon colorstay.

on 2/27/2013 9:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

I'm a little bit torn about this foundation; I'd heard so many good things about it and while it does do all the good things it does have its downsides. Firstly, it does do what it says on the tin! It last all day without (or with very minimal) touchups and also without a primer! The coverage is amazing however it does feel a little bit thick and mask like to me. It's also a nightmare to remove! I quite often have to use a number of different cleansers (followed by toner) before it's fully gone and I still sometimes miss little bits which is obviously bad for skin. Also, the colour match for me isn't the best. I was matched in the shop with 2N1 Desert Beige. My friend, who is lighter skinned than me was matched with the same colour and she feels it's light on her! A little bit of bronzer sorts this out though, and I don't know if this is down to a bad selection or just the Estee Lauder lady in our local Boots not being good at colour matching. It's the first time I've bought it, so if I do get it again I will probably go for the next shade darker. It also needs a pump, I don't know why so many expensive foundations come without one! Overall though, you can't ignore the fact that the coverage is amazing and long lasting, which probably does justify the cost. I'm just not sure if it's the perfect foundation for me.

this is my hg foundation. price is reflected in quality. only problem is the bottle. it's heavy and hard to get product out of.