September 1, 2014 | 1208 users online

Other - Tom's of Maine - tartar control & whitening toothpaste

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 8:45:00 AM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm so glad I checked this out here on MA. I was looking for whitening products and came across this during my search. (I'll review the whitening product I chose later).
This toothpaste is the best!! My teeth feel so much cleaner after using this and the taste is refreshing. I'll never go back to my old toothpaste again. Since using this, my teeth are whiter, I haven't had any tooth sensitivity ( I used to use a desensitizing toothpaste), and they are much cleaner at the end of the day and in the morning when I wake up. It's like the plaque doesn't stick like it used to. I highly, highly recommend this stuff. It tastes fresh, not sweet, and doesn't foam up like regular commercial toothpaste. (Foam doesn't equal clean!)
Try it, you'll be glad you did!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by uts3339

I have been using this toothpaste for several months, and my teeth definitely look and feel cleaner (and whiter). Went to the dentist this morning and the hygienist asked if I was flossing regularly - I admitted that I wasn't and he said he could not tell because my teeth look great! He had to do very little cleaning - only in the areas that he said are prone to tarter, when usually it seems like the scraping goes on forever. I absolutely recommend.

FYI - The taste isn't delicious, but it isn't nasty either. Just so-so, but it works, which is what really matters.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 10:05:00 AM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm dealing with food allergies so I purchased this for it's natural properties. I have the gel in spearmint. My mouth does feel cleaner after using this with the Cleansing Mouthwash. I'm not crazy about the taste so I will purchase peppermint next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lizc131

This is seriously the best toothpaste that I have ever tried, it just gives an amazing feeling of clean teeth like no other. Only regret is not having tried it before...def. HG status for me and my family.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2007 8:31:00 PM More reviews by nz4kaki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this toothpaste for years, and I absolutely love it! It's natural, flouride-free (at least this one is), and leaves my mouth feeling clean. The best part is that it doesn't have that nasty sugary taste to it. It can be a little expensive compared to other brands, but it's well worth it. Trader Joe's sells it for a bit cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2006 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Chickeys

I absolutely love this toothpaste. It's the first one I've ever used that really makes my mouth feel clean and refreshed without the sugary-sweet taste. I have gone through about five tubes of this, and I recently purchased the Tom's toothpaste with fluoride because I'm concerned that my teeth aren't protected enough without the fluoride. (I also use a Tom's mouthwash that does not have fluoride.) I love all the Tom's products I've tried, and will always continue to purchase them! (One thing I do hate: metal tube packaging sucks.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2006 3:16:00 AM More reviews by robotica77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this for years and will continue to buy it. My HG whitening toothpaste. Be careful though, because if you use it a lot, it may make your teeth sensitive due to the whitening ingredients. It's still better than the other brands and looks like a natural whitener, rather than synthetic. It taste okay, but I get mine in spearmint (they have 3 flavors). It rinses clean and there is no sugary coat or film on your teeth afterwards. Try a small sample first at Whole Foods to see if you like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2006 11:28:00 AM More reviews by hereiam410

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

"Tom's of Maine" has obviously done their homework: They offer a fluoride-free alternative for ONE reason and ONE reason only: Fluoride is TOXIC and those who know about this are seeking out a safe toothpaste. I have no doubt that they are legally restricted from stating this on their packaging. I commend them for making this safe, high quality, and gentle product. Please use only FLUORIDE-FREE, preservative-free toothpaste, regardless of the brand. It is a myth that fluoride helps your teeth or fights cavities! Please educate yourself and read this before you continue putting this toxin in your mouth or body. http://www.beyondhealth.com/fluoride-toxic.htm There are MANY other websites online that will help you see this myth for what it is...a lie. Do a Google search and see for yourself: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=fluoride+hazards

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2005 9:41:00 PM More reviews by FaaipDeOaid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite toothpaste. I like the fact that it doesn't have that sickeningly sweet artificial flavor that most toothpastes have. It leaves my mouth feeling minty and fresh but in a good natural way... I don't think it works to drastically whiten teeth, but it does leave them looking shiney and clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2005 9:52:00 PM More reviews by ilovekyle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very wary of synthetic chemicals in the products that I consume and apply to my body, so I like to purchase products that are labeled as organic and natural (note that the labeling of products as all natural is not regulated by the FDA, so it is not guaranteed that the product really is all natural). With that being said, I really like Tom's of Maine Tartar Control & Whitening toothpaste in the Peppermint flavor. The texture of the toothpaste is smooth and the toothpaste cleanses my teeth and gums thoroughly. The Peppermint flavor is natural and strong, which I adore. The only negative aspect of Tom's of Maine's toothpaste is the horrible packaging. The tube is made of metal so it becomes bent out of shape after several frequent uses. This makes extracting toothpaste from the deformed tube extremely hard. I have used Tom's of Maine toothpaste for years, and will continue to do so.