Aveda Clove conditioner

4.4

Aqueous (Water, Purified) Extracts: Clove Extract (Organically Grown), Coffee Extract (Organically Grown), Sweet Almond Extract (Organically Grown), Wild Cherry Bark Extract (Organically Grown), Aloe Barbadensis Extract (Organically Grown), Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate (Palm), Stearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Copolyol (Silica), Glycerin (Coconut), Behenamidopropyl Ethyldimonium Ethosulfate (Rapeseed), Distearyldimonium Chloride (Coconut), Babassu Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oryzanol (Rice Bran), Steardimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Glyceryl Stearate (Coconut), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Guar Beans), Dicapryl Ether (Coconut), Cetyl Alcohol (Coconut), Cetrimonium Chloride (Mixed Plant), Cyclomethicone (Rapeseed), Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose (Cellulose), Sodium Citrate (Molasses), Citric Acid (Molasses), Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Annatto (Colorant), Caramel, Basic Brown 17 (Colorant), Basic Yellow 57 (Colorant), Basic Blue 99 (Colorant), Basic Red 76 (Colorant

on 8/26/2012 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great product!! Brought my brassy orange hair back to a beautiful brunette color. I mix it with a bit of Black Malva to tone down the brass, and it's a great result.
Definitely prolongs the amount of time needed between colorings.
As a conditioner, does not moisturize as fully as others, so I mix it with some deep conditioner.
Works great - highly recommend!!

I love this product. I get my hair colored every 6-8 weeks (semi-permanent). I use this once or twice a week in between visits to the salon to keep my color looking fresh. I find it doesn't cover greys, but makes them blend; they are probably less noticeable because my overall color looks better. It does stain skin and fabric, and while I was aware of my hands and my shower the first time I used it, I forgot about my back! The next time, I wet my hair, applied it outside of the shower with a towel around my neck, so my back didn't get stained, and let it sit for 20 minutes. The results were beautiful!!! I highly recommend this product!

on 2/23/2012 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great product if you have brown hair that's beginning to get first greys. I like my natural hair colour - it's a dark chestnut brown but for the last few years I've started to notice a few white hairs, especially around my temples. I have enough now that they bother me but I hated the idea of dying my hair and saying goodbye to my natural shade permanently. The think I hate most about the white hairs is that they are a kind of yellow - tinged white and look awful against my fair skin. This product is great for blending in those hairs and making me look like I just have some natural highlights, whilst maintaining my own shade. I apply and then rinse after a few minutes and this both gives my hair a nice warm boost and turns those white hairs a light golden shade so that they blend in completely and look much better. I should point out that I don't have many white hairs - I know that as I get older this conditioner simply won't be enough to do the trick and I'll have to cave in and have it coloured, but I do feel that this product has bought me another few years before having to do that! I wish this were slightly more conditioning - I don't use it every time I shampoo simply because my hair sometimes needs something a bit heavier and richer - this is a very light product. It has a strong lavender scent - it's not really my personal favourite but it does smell natural and fresh and disappears anyway once the hair is dry.

on 10/12/2011 7:52:00 AM

I have very, very dark brown hair (almost black) that has just recently been colored to a very similar shade, but "warmer". My natural color is very neutral, this new shade is so subtle, but a touch warmer. Which many have advised that if I make a change, go a touch warmer since I am so light (NW20). Also, please note this review is just for the conditioner...I think the shampoos in this color depositing line are crap because they are way too harsh & they don't do the color depositing. I use my regular shampoo (Alba Acai' shampoo or Pureology Essential Repair) when I use Clove. And I only use Clove once a week or so as a color refresher. But what a difference!

All that said, I am not a fan of Aveda's scent (though I know many are so you will love this), but I can deal with it for how awesome this once a week bump makes my hair look. I am no color expert, but my new shade was starting to feel a bit too off after a month of washings. It was subtle, but noticeable to me. After using Clove all the richness has returned and it is heavenly. I personally would not use this every day. I use Pureology Hydrate Conditioner normally, and this on Saturdays or Sundays. I wash and let it sit for 2 minutes then rinse. I remember even asking a woman who did not color her hair how she got her dark hair to look so radiant and she said it was Clove conditioner. Give this a whirl you really have nothing to lose but dullness. PS - and this shade does not stain your shower or hands (I have a white shower).

on 4/5/2011 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Brilliant. The girl who posted the picture of her hair is the shade I get too. And my hair is SO soft. I've come back to it so many times now...I want to try the black one next!

on 12/17/2010 1:01:00 AM

If they ever stop making this I'll cry a river.

on 9/22/2010 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I also use this to combat orange-tint I get in the summer. I dye my hair dark/medium brown (Nice n Easy #120) about once every 3 months but the tips tend to become light and orange due to the horrible hard water we have in the city where I live. This does a good job reducing that orange tint without depositing too much color, but I wouldn't use this more than once or twice a week as it can make hair color flat after a while if it is used too often!

on 9/22/2010 11:07:00 AM

I recently had my stylist take me from a blonde to a brunette, which I'm really enjoying! Since she used a demi-perm color she mentioned the color would fade, so she recommended I use this to add richness back to my color. I really like it! I use it about every 3rd or 4th wash ( I wash every 3rd day). It does what it's suppose to which is bring color back to life...so far as conditioning it's blah. WARNING, it does stain tub and hands if not rinsed quickly. Overall, happy with this purchase.

on 7/28/2010 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I swapped for this and am glad I did. I have light auburn hair and in the summer, I end up with some very blonde pieces and some orangeyness in my hair. I wanted this to sort of get rid of that and in one use with maybe a quarter sized amount it did that.
This will not be a daily conditioner for me as I don't want to turn my hair brown, I only wanted to get rid of the sun-bleaching. I worked great, so with minimal use the half tube I got will probably last forever.
Definately worth the investment, even with the price of $17.

on 4/24/2010 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've colored my hair once in my entire life. I straighten my hair maybe three times a year, and on a regular day, i clip it up, put it in a bun, or let the layers do their job down low. This is all to say, that I take excellent care of my hair. Put masks on it once or twice a week, use a cleansing shampoo once a week, and try not to shampoo it more than four times a week (but this is Hawaii here, humidity kills). So I did not buy this in attempts at making my hair stronger nor to repair it. It wasn't broken.

I'm one of those girls that admires girls like Adriana Lima, Kate Beckinsale, and brazillian women like Camilla Alves. All with nice dark locks of hair, especially the brazillian models. I've always wanted my hair a darker chocolate shade of brown (it's a medium/dark brown), but I didn't want to dye it! alas, the thought of that! haha
i never knew a product like this existed, but i happened to stumble across it reading the reviews on decent conditioners. absolutely ground-breaking, that's the truth of this.

perhaps it will darken more, as i intend to use it once a week. i left it on for ten minutes, and it didn't drastically color it (it wasn't black thank goodness lol). nor did it color my walls nor my hands nor my skin (but i was cautious as it seems to have colored some people's worlds on here). my hair now is more luminous, and a hint darker. it conditions well, no tangles. i haven't gauged it on moisture just yet, but my hair wasn't frizzy the next day. my boss and my assistant manager both color their hair religiously (to cover the grays) and after seeing the results i've had, they're going out to buy this!

since it's the only one of its kind, i have to give it five stars. perhaps in the future, if they ever make organic products to rival this, it could drop down one lipstick. However, seeing that there's no hair damage for $17 for a decent sized tube? organic too? this is as good as it gets for now. and i'm satisfied with that.

UPDATE: I uploaded a picture of the results right after. As you can see, it really made it luminous, and a tinge darker like i mentioned. You can look at my other pictures to see roughly what it appeared before. continued >>

Top Rated Aveda Products