October 23, 2014 | 1584 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Maximum Coverage Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by susieglass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a huge fan of this. I don't give it much attention, as it isn't a sexy or luxurious product, but I ALWAYS have a tube on the go. The coverage is amazing, and a tiny dot dabbed onto a blemish will make it disappear for most of the day. I have acne-scarred skin, and would get nervous if I didn't have this to hand.

I don't use it everyday, just to touch up the worst bits on bad days (most days!), and sometimes on special occasions to finish off what other foundations can't manage. I sometimes get a bit carried away, and apply it like foundation to my whole face. This masks ALL imperfections, but I don't like the heavy finish.

For mixing a drop with lighter foundations, or applying like concealor, this is an outstanding products for non-cakey coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Charlin

I always have this in my kit as it is the best foundation I have found for covering most imperfections. I have acne scars and redness and this erases them and looks fairly natural as long as I don't put too much on. I literally squeeze out a tiny dot of this on the back of my hand and I apply with either a foundation brush or concealer brush depending on how large an area I want to cover. If I use this as a concealer I don't have to use foundation as well.
    For those of you who have scars to cover, it will cover small scars and thread veins, but if you have a very large raised and shiny scar, the formula won't quite cling to it. I have a keloid on my chest and this will cover it somewhat but will disappear after a couple of hours.
    My only niggle is that the range of colours isn't good, a bit too pink in tone. Since I use so little it doesn't really show but I wouldn't want to plaster this on.
    This is a lot better than Double Wear for durability and coverage.
    The other bonus is this lasts forever if you use the amount I do!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by BlueW

I have mild acne, blemishes and sensitive skin. I bought this because of the great reviews i found here on MUA, and because my previous foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Cream Compact) ran out after just 3 months of (daily) use (although i liked it very much i didnt like the fact that it didnt last long for my everyday use). Anyways, I was excited with the EL maximum coverage and started to use it the next day i bought it.

It covered my acne and blemishes with just a little bit of amount (it is really maximum coverage, so it does what it says, and a little goes a long way like the other reviewers says). The finish is very matte and the color was actually too fair for my skin color, it looked a bit cakey (and i just applied one light layer!), and i normally use foundations that looks natural and dewy, so this looks dull and unnatural to me (however, if you are okay with it, you can use bronzer and highlighter to make it look better).

Despite the fact that it looks dull and unnatural (i dont use bronzer or highlighter), i liked it at first because it made me save time by skipping all the concealing steps. At the end of the day, the foundation was intact, it kept my oily Tzone at bay, BUT my skin felt dry (i moisturized and applied BB cream before the foundation). After i removed my makeup i noticed tiny bumps formed in some parts of my face. I thought it could be hormonal or something so i kept using it for 2 more days, but the tiny bumps got a little bigger by day, i realized although only a small amount of foundation was applied, the coverage is so strong it doesnt allow my skin to breathe properly. I returned it after that for the EL Double Wear light, it is more natural looking for my age, but it has light-medium coverage so you probably need a concealer if you have blemishes, acne or dark circles.

I dont think this is a bad foundation, it just didnt work for me. I think it is recommended for people with oily but non-acne prone skin, who needs a long wear foundation (and knows how to contour/ bronze or highlight their face!).

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by kryquinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying I have extremely oily skin. So unless your skin is super oily like mine, this review probably wont be too helpful in terms of what I have to say about "staying power." This foundation is comparable to Kat Von D lock it tattoo foundation (foundation I was using prior to this) in that it has equally as good of coverage but it's not nearly as heavy feeling and for this reason I bought it. I love a full coverage matte look but, like most full coverage foundations, I tend to get extra oily by the end of the day. This foundation isn't any different in that department and for that reason I couldn't give this foundation 5 stars. I love the finish (very soft almost powder soft matte finish), I love love love the coverage (it leaves your skin looking like a porcelain doll), I like that it's cheaper than regular doublewear and I love the packaging. I have found it can settle into any lines or pores so you definitely need to use a primer prior to using this foundation but honestly it will give you the most amazing finished look. I have tried hundreds of foundations and NOTHING compares to the amazing, beautiful, flawless finish this has. For this reason I will continue to repurchase this foundation!

Now for the downside: I can't wear this foundation longer than about 6 hours (like all full coverage foundations for me) without the oil from my skin breaking down the formula and causing it to separate. So unfortunately, as much as I love this foundation, it isn't my day to day foundation because it just doesn't last on my skin for those long work days. I can say though, in comparison to other full coverage foundations (with the exception of Revlon Colorstay), this foundation has the exact same staying power on my skin as MAC Studio Fix Fluid, Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo Foundation, or regular Estee Lauder Doublewear. So if any of those foundations last a long time on your skin this will more than likely last equally as long. Other than that one little negative note I have to say this is by far my favorite foundation and I feel absolutely flawless when I wear this, which is always a huge plus! =)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kookielovins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My new HG foundation!! Stays put, conceals, not greasy, dries to a power consistency without looking cakey, and is not heavy feeling. It is pricey but I've paid double for foundations that don't even come close to performance. Won't come off until I take it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by tanaddict21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

When i first bought this foundation I couldn't wait to go home and slap it on, i like a full coverage to hide my freckles and redness on my normal-combination skin so thought this would be perfect.
    I put a little on as a little goes a long way and i was amazed, wow i look flawless so i finished it off with my usual clinique pressed powder and nars bronzer and off I strutted to work with my beautiful new face.
    4 hours later I returned from work, looked in the mirror and was horrified at what i saw. Jesus Christ on a pushbike I looked like I'd escaped from Willy Wonkas chocolate factory. My beautiful airbrushed face had melted into a ronseal coloured mudslide, Holy Crap I was so embarrassed to think I had been at work like that and hadn't a clue I looked like a mahogany oil slick. I couldnt wait to wash my face eww i felt so greasy and disgusting just had to get it off.
    I did give it another chance this time applying the teeny tiniest amount of foundation and the same thing happened again, what a waste of £25 unless your an oopma lumpa (even they would question whether they was too orange or not) stay well clear of this shizzle, Im off back to Mac pro longwear ASAP!!!!

10 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by jennyjee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very good coverage, don't know about tattoo coverage though. I've got very oily skin and this is good at keeping my shiny face at bay, however it gets flaky around my lips and it tends to accentuate my large pores. For that reason, I wouldn't buy it again. Still on the lookout for HG foundation for uber oily skin like myself.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by tbastas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Truly maximum coverage, extremely long lasting, very matte finish, transfer proof and water proof. Very good for extremely oily skin but even most very oily skintypes have got some dry patches which this will emphasise like crazy. Even the best moisturiser will not help. I would not suggest this as a foundation on anyone because it is so drying even on extremely oily skin and a bit mask like but would be good as a concealer. This foundation is perfect for imperfections on the body, bruises because it is transfer proof and waterproof it does not come off on clothes. You only need a TINY bit and this will cover anything. Big plus it is fragrance free (i have serious fragrance allergies). One tube will last you ages, it will probably expire before you even use half the tube up. Estee lauder should consider making a smaller size.
    Also it does not photograph well which is why it got 4stars.
    I will not repurchase for 2 reasons:
    1) My shade is not sold in Australia anymore.
    2) It is so wasteful using less than 1/3 of a tube and throwing the rest out.
    Also mac and makeupforever sell waterproof concealers ( i personally prefer the mac one cause it is fragrance free) with a bigger selection of shades and much less product in them so it isnt so wasteful.
    Estee Lauder Maximum Cover contains 30ml (30gr), costs $50(australian) and I use up about 5-8gr in 24 months (expiry date is 24 moths after opening).
    Mac Studio Finish Concealer contains 7gr, costs $32(australian) and I usually use up all the pot in 24 months (expiry date is 24 months after opening as well).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by KTElizabeth12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My skin = Combination, Oily t-zone and cheeks, some dry patches. VERY sensitive.

Ok so first of all I went to get a Double Wear tester and I ended up with this so I might as well write a review!

ANYWAY... at first I loved this. Although I may not need such high coverage it looked like my skin was airbrushed... so perfect! A bit hard to blend but I found using it right after moisturizer works best. After two or three days I noticed myself looking more and more oily. The last day I wore this it looked like I had been deep fried...DISGUSTING to say the least. I also began getting bumps here and there on my skin. I believe this was just WAY too heavy for my skin. If you have severe scarring/other blemishes you want to cover I would suggest this foundation. Otherwise... stay away!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Rivoli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a 10-day sample of this after watching a Lisa Eldridge video who had a guest artist on board. According to the artist, she used 3 of the colors from this line on everyone, mixed and matched as a concealer. I found this is just a bit too dead-looking--I looked like Robin William's skin in Mrs. Doubtfire. Emphasized pores. No signs of life beneath the color. To be fair, the foundation is labelled "maximum coverage," from a line that already has "double wear" which is pretty strong coverage. But this just aged me. I'd look at Shiseido Sun Protection foundation, or MAC Pro Longwear, as possible alternatives. Or Guerlain Parure Gold. This Estee Lauder Maximum might work as a concealer, but I'd just get the Vichy Dermablend fluid at the drugstore ($10) which is a a great concealer and less heavy-looking.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No