July 26, 2014 | 946 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've seen the Palmer's brand products in stores but never really gave much thought to try any until this year. I was on the lookout for a nice moisturizing body lotion since this time of year my skin becomes awfully dry and itchy. I can never stay moisturized enough by using standard lotions it seemed. I found a bottle of this cocoa butter lotion at Rite Aid and decided to give it try. I've used this bottle up in less than a couple months and really enjoyed it. This is fairly thick for a lotion and so this was deeply moisturized and was able to stay that day for most of the day. It felt heavenly on my skin and kept the dry winter itchiness at bay. There is a strong cocoa scent to this product (as one might expect) and must be stronger than I thought, since when I would apply this DH in the next room over would call out that I smelled yummy lol. I admit to not being a huge fan of cocoa/chocolate scented products as they tend to come off as too artificial or plasticy most of the time for me, but this wasn't too unpleasant I found. My one and only real qualm with this product is the damn bottle. The bottle is the fairly typical plastic bottle with a flip open top and you turn it upside down to squeeze the lotion out. This mostly works for typical runny type lotions, but this one is wayyy too thick for that. I think it would do better in a tub like most body butters, or a more easy to use bottle. I really had to strain my hand strength at times to squeeze product out. Other than that this is a recommended affordable body moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very very dry skin, esp on my legs, this provides amazing relief from my flaky skin and I used this every day on my growing pregnant belly and didn't get one stretch mark, I truly believe that I have this product to thank for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by lulu6789

My sister suffers badly from eczema and she recommended that I use it for my
dry legs. Wow this stuff is ! I love the smell, it smells like Cadbury's hot chocolate and the lotion is quite thick and creamy, which is nice. I'm a swimmer so I use this lotion after swimming and everyone comments on how lovely it smells and even some of the guys use it because they love the smell so much! Love love love.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by lizrocks8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great for an everyday lotion and for maintaining a fake tan. The scent may be a bit too overpowering for some, but I like it. The texture is very thick and luxurious. Even though it doesn't totally sink into the skin immediately, it isn't sticky.
I don't know if I just got a bad bottle, but it's almost impossible to control the amount of lotion that comes out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Malika1380

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always have this product and Although it's not everyday that I use it whenever I feel I need a really deep moisturiser I use it. mainly on my face and it doesn't give me spots but then nothing much does so you'll have to see for yourself on that part, sometimes we spend so much money on all the "luxury" products thinking because they cost £40 +++ they must be doing something that a £2.99 moisturiser can't! Well not true at all, sometimes the good old fashioned products have been around for a long time for a good reason!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by vivienvanessa

Beautifully luscious lotion with a divine cocoa scent. Definitely one of my favourite body moisturizers as it an amazing consistency - creamy but not sticky or too heavy and softens every inch of my skin. I would recommend this product to anyone with dry, cracked skin - this will soften it unlike any other product.

Compared to the Body Shop body butters this is definitely a much more stronger lotion, the body shop body butters are less creamy and less thick but they do have a larger scent range whereas this lotion only has a few scents including the cocoa and olive. It's also cheaper and the packaging is much more durable.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Bobbi94

One of my two holy grail body moisturizers! My skin tends to get dry on my legs, feet and elbows. This just makes them as smooth as a baby's skin! I hate it when a body lotion leaves my skin sticky or greasy, this sinks in less than a minute into the skin, perfect! Not too fond of the smell (I have a very sensitive nose) but I can live with it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lotion is good for dry, itchy skin because it's very moisturizing. It is thick for a lotion, but not as thick or heavy as a body butter. It smells of chocolate, but I don't find it nauseating. I consider myself pretty picky about scents. I would even go as far as to say it did help fade my stretch marks a bit. (Then again, who knows. It could just have been time.) I would buy it again in the future if the need arose.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Linamakeup

I love using this lotion on my hands. It's more of a cream texture than lotion, but melts onto the skin nicely, moisturizing, and does not feel greasy. The scent however is too strong for me to use all over my body.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by abbymorse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The smells a little strong, but I like it overall. It smells like hot chocolate to me. Even if I didn't love the smell, though, the product would still be pretty great. It's super moisturizing and works wonders for my skin. I can't go back to other lotions after using this baby