April 23, 2014 | 1424 users online

Shampoo - Aveda - Color Conserve

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2010 1:28:00 PM More reviews by natalieb

I bought this almost 5 or 6 years ago for my red hair. It still lives in hiding under my bathroom sink as a emergency product only. I didn't like it because it dried my hair despite its wonderful scent. I really wanted to like this because of the great reviews on the aveda site, however, i just don't think they are as honest as the people here!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked up a small bottle of this at a spa closing sale. I have highlighted hair and usually stick to Biolage shampoos. I love the scent and feel of this shampoo, but it takes a lot of work to lather and my scalp gets too oily, too fast. My ends have dried a little since using this, too. I'll finish this up and return to Biolage.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by mulhollanddrive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was recommended by the stylist after she put gloss on my hair. It smells good. However, I do not recommend this shampoo (nor the conditioner): I have thick, wavy hair. After using this about 6 weeks - I wash my hair only twice a week - I realized how dry/frizzy my hair has become. The color looks ok, my hair is still shiny, I just don't like the way it feels/looks. Thankfully I only purchased the trial size and I am almost out. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

I have been using Aveda's Color Conserve for about three years alternating it with John Frieda's purple shampoo for blonde hair. I love Color Conserve - everything from the wonderful smell to its effect on my hair - which is to protect the color while providing me with great looking, clean hair. I like most of Aveda's hair products and purchase them time and time again - especially Color Conserve. Very highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by misslove33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo. It does keep my colour from fading. I don't know why everyone is going on about lack of foam- I find it foams a lot! But I come from using vegan organic shampoos which can have very minimal foam, so to me, this is quite luxurious. I love the scent, it leaves my hair clean without feeling stripped. I wash my hair about twice a week and by the 2nd or 3rd day after washing it, my hair starts to get a bit oily. I like that, because that tells me that the oils aren't being completely stripped so my hair is a lot healthier. Plus I like my hair a bit dirty- easier to style. :)

It's expensive, but you only need a bit so it lasts a long time!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by shannonmiller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it! For whatever reason my hair is very picky when it comes to shampoo and conditioner. Up until Aveda there has only been one other shampoo that works well with my hair (Goldwell). I love the scent of this shampoo--very natural and "herby". I haven't had a problem with lather like many reviewers...maybe because my hair is not thick at all and it's cut above my shoulders...I don't have to use a lot of shampoo to get a nice thick lather either. My hair feels clean with no build-up and when it's dry it is nice and shiny. It's definitely not the cheapest shampoo, but I love the results so I'm gonna stick with it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2009 7:31:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just went to my first Aveda salon to have a hair correction completed and my colorist highly recommended this line of products to keep my new colour in great condition and prevent further future damage.
Pros:
- fantastic Aveda scent
- has conserved and kept my colour intact with no fading after 4 weeks of use
- little product is required therefore last for long time
Cons:
- doesn't easily lather and requires a lot of water to acquire a decent amount of suds
- quite expensive considering the mls to dollars ratio

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by klow9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite shampoo. I love the smell, I find it lathers adequately, and the price is ok since it lasts a really long time for me. I do, however, cut it with about 1/3 water, and that seems to improve the lathering issue that some of you have mentioned. I have medium length, fine, highlighted blonde hair with a dark blonde base. I find when I don't use this shampoo my hair is less manageable and feels drier. I stray often, searching for my HG, but I come back to Color Conserve again and again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I have used Color Conserve on and off for years now and have to say that I really can't tell that much of a difference between this and some drug store brands. Apparently there is something about it that I like because I have continued to repurchase it, probably that Aveda is a natural product and I really like the scent. But other than that, I'm still searhing high and low for my HG shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by LolaBrw

I'm a fan of most of Aveda products, but I have to say I don't like the Color Conserve line at all. The scent is alright, it smells like the typical Aveda herby scent, but it doesn't clean my scalp enough, makes my hair feel wirey, and doesn't really seem to conserve my hair color much either.