July 30, 2014 | 1022 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24/7 Liquid Liner in Smog

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

Hmmm smog is an olive green liquid eyeliner. I would say its quite shimmery, a little olive green, a little brown, bronze. Hard to describe but its nice. If i were to compare this to UD 24/7 eyeliner in stash, I would say smog is more intense cos its a liquid liner, more brown or bronze. Hate the packaging which looks as if I am gonna have lots of wastage at the bottom of the pot. Hate the set up of the brush cos it looks yucky to swipe excess liner at the side of the pot and also hate the brush. I managed to solve this problem by using my regular angled liner brush (swipe my angled liner brush against the provided UD liner brush for application) Bcos of this I am gonna deduct 1 lippie else its 5 :) I will still repurchase although the packaging sucks. Love the colour

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by KillersandLiars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been in love with this liner for some time. The color is wonderful, it works so well with a variety of looks. I have very pale skin and blue eyes and this is a great color for me, but I'd say it would also be equally fabulous on green eyes and brown eyes because of the golden shimmer. Many brands of liquid liner have crappy brushes, but this one is nice and stiff and it's the perfect width. I love this liner and I want the whole set.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by miahesterly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely incredible. The colour, a shimmery olive green, is fantastic, especially if you have dark eyes and olive skin. It lasts for hours, and the thin applicator brush makes it easily to draw it on how you want. You can also layer it over a black or brown liner to make it more intense. The packaging is so-so, actually it's a bit annoying as the mouth of the pot is so much bigger than the brush, but I can put up with that for such a unique colour and high-quality formulation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by elbz08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd say smog is a very deep olive green with alot of gold shimmer in it. It looks pretty dark on the eye, its a nice color to use when your sick of plain black. I love the applicator on these! Its a brush but its so easy to use! It lasted all day on me, &i actually have the 24\7 pencil in stash and its pretty much the same color, so if you have that you dont really need this unless you just like liquid liners more. But i'd definitely reccomend this, its a gorgeous color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by oliviachloe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Such a beautiful color for hazel eyes--thank you to all the other reviewers who influenced me to buy this! It's a shimmery, dark, golden olive green. The texture of the liquid liners made by UD is very nice--it's easy to apply, and the brush is, as most people here will tell you, really good. I don't mind the packaging, but I'm not sure how I'll feel when I'm at the end of the bottle. But I'm sure I'll re-purchase, as it is a really good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ohhh my goodness... UD liquid liners where were you all this time!?
Ive tried all kinds of liquid liners and stopped at what I thought was my HG, Prestige liquid liner. I love the ease, percision, speed and wear of liquid liners. They are actually the fastest for me to do in the morning. Lately I have been having trouble with what I though was my HG. It started taking me a long time again to get a nice look with it.
Browsing in the urban decay section of my ulta, I found this gem. The color is what first striked me as I have been looking for a nice deep but noticable enough green/khaki color. This is definitely it.
I admit i was turned off by the applicator. It looks like one of those cheap eyeliners. But i was STUNNED at how smooth and easy the application is!
The wear of it is also amazing. it does not flake or smudge. This particular color has a lot of shimmer, and I do not end up with shimmer all over my face by the end of the day and no eyeliner, so this has really good wear.
I will be definitely sticking to this and I cannot wait to try other colors.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I didn't purchase this liner; it was given to me by someone who bought it and just didn't like it. I use liquid liner less than eye pencil but when I do there are certain things I expect from it. This little bottle didn't do many of them, but I'm finicky. First off, my eyes have epicanthal folds (though I'm not Asian) so I don't line the upper lid all the way or the eye closes right up. I do have lids, not huge ones but adequate to normal sized ones, and I try to smudge the liner into my furry lash line to avoid the dreaded space between the mascara and eyeliner.

This liner dried so quickly -- almost as I put it on -- that I couldn't smudge it. Then that little space between lashes and mascara showed, so I re-lined. Too thick. I tried to smudge again. The stuff was like a Sharpie pen dried onto my lid. The look was not what I wanted.

The color is amazing, though, a brassy-bronzey-olive green which brought out deeper colors in my bright blue eyes. I used BB Rock shimmerwash before the liner and the result was good enough for me to wear it all day. The liner faded, however, so it doesn't have great staying power.

I think that UD's schtick is a range of colors not found anywhere else (and grotesque names), so if those aspects appeal to you, this liner is worth the price. For me, the quality just isn't there and the brush is a bit thick (had to wipe product off on a tissue several times while using). It's more work than I want to go through for lining just up to the arc on my upper lid (trick from Raquel Welch for almond-shaped eyes).

I probably won't use this product again. It was a disappointment.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Normally I just line with eye shadow or ud's soft and wonderful 24/7 liner pencils, this is currently my only liquid liner- only got it because it was on sale for like $8 on sephora site and I cant resist a bargain:-) Love love love the beautiful dark olive color- so pretty w/my hazel eyes. The prob w/this is that it draws too-thick lines so I have to clean it up w/qtips to look right. Dont have time for the extra work in my rushed morning routine so this doesnt get worn too often.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by colettenoelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Smog is a very pretty golden olive laced with lots of shimmer. I do like the color, but it doesn't do anything for my hazel eyes. If it were a few shades darker I'd really like it. I never reach for Smog for a few reasons other than its color. The brush is a little thick and picks up too much liner. I have tried to wipe off some of the excess, but I still get a line that is too thick and an application that is very uneven. I also do not like that the liner dries to such a shiny finish. This finish is the main reason I won't be trying any of Urban Decay's other liners, so if you don't mind the shine you may want to check them out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by womanwarrior

The most beautiful eyeliner color I have ever seen. Deep olive green with plenty of gold sparkle, a color which is surprisingly flattering on my Asian eyes. The brush it comes with is really fine and has enough stiffness to apply a super precise line, so it looks pretty and unusual, not overdone. The formula is long-wearing, but does tend to flake a little towards the end of the day (unlike BB gel liners which go on smooth and stay that way)

But the packaging! Why, oh why does Urban Decay insist on these gimmicky genie in a bottle looks? It's round and clunky, with this long pointy handle, and doesn't really fit in anywhere in my stash.

By the way, I eventually ended up buying Bobbi Brown's Forest Shimmer Ink, thinking it would be a formula and package I'd love, with the same color. Sadly, Forest is much blacker and less shimmery. But I'll love them both.