L'Oreal Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

4.4

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE • DIMETHICONE • CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE • DIMETHICONOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • ARGANIA SPINOSA OIL / ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL OIL • LINALOOL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • BENZYL SALICYLATE • BENZYL ALCOHOL • LIMONENE • AMYL CINNAMAL • CITRONELLOL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE • GERANIOL • ISOEUGENOL

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this several months ago, when I was looking for a serum that would smooth down my hair, and prevent flyaways. It was a little expensive though, but I heard good things about this product, which made me think it would be worth a shot.

First off, my hair is silky straight in its natural state, far from unruly, but also not perfect (My left side tends to be slightly fluffy because of the layers I have, while my right side is stick straight). I've never gone for any chemical treatments, with the exception of recently dyeing my hair dark reddish-brown. My hair is naturally thick, voluminous (which I dislike) and prone to flyaways at the crown of my head, in addition to looking like a lion's mane when I wake up in the morning.

So far, I've tried other products (olive oil, Herbal Essence, Dove) which have left me unsatisfied due to the 'side effects'. I.E. Itchy scalp, dandruff, hair fall and dryness.

Packaging: Slightly inconvenient, I don't know if it's just me, but I find the cap difficult to put on and take off (That may be due to my small child-like hands, lol)
Price: RM 30+ at Watsons. Not really budget friendly. Picked it up on discount, about RM 25. Still cheaper than other alternatives.
Life span: It does last a while though..approximately 2-3 months (or more) for me considering I only use it after I wash my hair or when I need to, not everyday.
Scent: I personally like the scent of this product. It does fade away after a while though, so if you're not a fan, no worries.
How I use it: On damp/dry hair. I'll either blow dry it or let it air dry and it works fine either way.
Performance: Eliminates frizz (in the lion mane mornings), smooths my hair down, makes my hair shinier and straighter (if I flat iron it). My hair felt softer and more manageable, which is great. Didn't cause itchiness, oiliness or damage to my hair (which is fantastic!). As for getting rid of flyaways, it only works for me if I blow dry my hair after applying. It doesn't work if I air dry it.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my purchase, and I would buy it again despite the price :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I picked this up as it was on sale at my favourite drugstore and this is definitely a keeper.
I use it on my damp hair before blow drying and the result is soft, silky, shiny hair.
I should note that I colour my hair every 6-8 weeks (at a salon) and I wash my hair about 3 times a week and try to limit the heat styling to just blow drying. I'll use a flat iron once a week or a special occasion.

It's lightweight and rinses off my hands fairly easily. I don't notice a smell as other reviewers have mentioned; my hair just smells 'clean' afterwards.

I really don't have a problem with frizz so I can't make any comments about how well this serum performs in that arena. I do notice that my hair looks sleek after blow drying with this serum and I'm happy with that.

I did try it once on dry hair before using a flat iron and it felt a little heavy. Then again, I'm still trying to get used to a flat iron so I may change my opinion on that.

Overall, an excellent product that doesn't cost a fortune.
I'll definitely repurchase.

I have no idea how this product worked on anyone hairs! I got the product because of these reviews and after I used it a couple of times I took it back. It did nothing for my hair.

I really liked this product. It had a great amount for the price. It smells good. It makes my hair really soft. BUT, my next day hair would smell like chemicals for some reason. I have been trying to figure out if it was my conditioner or this, but I have finished my conditioner long time ago. And I just figured that it was the serum that made my hair stink. I usually put it on my hair when my hair is damp. I dont know if it was because of that. I would try to put it on my dry hair and see what happens.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have thick hair that is quite frizzy. I thought I'd give this a try as a cheaper alternative to MoroccanOil. Yes, it smells great and the packaging is very good, too, but this did absolutely nothing for my frizz. I only pumped a tiny bit and it still made my hair look greasy, unwashed, and just as frizzy as it usually is.

Absolutely hands down the best hair serum I have ever tried. I have tried A LOT of hair serums and oils- from Frizz Ease to high end like Ojon, Aveda, Alterna Caviar.... I keep coming back to this product and now I'm sticking with it. I have long fine hair but a lot if it and it gets dry on the ends. This keeps it shiny soft and in tip top condition. I do really like Moroccan oil but this is on a par with it- better in terms of performance but I just love the MO smell so much! I spend out on my products in general but no need with this gem!

Great product, this tamed my unruly over-processed wavy hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I bought this to combat frizziness, esp in the summer months. I like the smell, it dispenses easily from the bottle, and it's working for me. I don't have any frizziness since I started using it. I use 2 pumps on my hair, wet from the shower. Then I towel my hair & dry it.

So far, the only drawback is, my hair seems very flat when I use it. It's a lot softer though, so I think I can live with the flatness s the huge pouf I usually have in July. I'm going to read through the other reviews, maybe I should be applying it to dry or damp hair.

They must've rerereleased this, because the bottle I bought is clear with an opalescent finish and a pink nozzle bit. The name is the same though, so my review goes here.

I have thick, barely wavy hair that poofs up like a balloon when it's humid outside. This in combination with Tresemme's anti frizz spray has kept my hair looking much more well-behaved and sleeker after I've blow dried it straight. I can see the difference right away when I apply it to dry hair. It goes instantly shiny and softer at once. It doesn't do much in the way of taming those tiny flyaway hairs around your part. Haven't tried it on wet hair yet (that's what I use the Tresemme for).

It smells lightly of watermelon. The smell doesn't linger. The viscosity is on the runny side, not very sticky and washes off your hands easily, unlike many hair oils. I seem to be going through it rather quickly though (near-daily use).

I hate this product so much. My hair is oily at the roots and dry at the ends so I only use it from the middle down. Now I have to say that it smells amazing and I love the little pump bottle and consistency of the liquid. However it does nothing to ease the frizz in my hair and just makes it look greasy. I've tried using less but that just does nothing for the frizz. The only thing nice is that my hair ends up smelling amazing, but looking like crap. Gimmicky and not worth the price.

Popular Styling Products