September 3, 2014 | 431 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Mason Pearson - Pure Bristle Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'll start by saying that I don't have the kind of hair anyone would envy. My hair is baby fine, and I don't have a lot of it. I'm not balding, but I don't have a luxurious waterfall of locks. My hair was a mess of static in the winter, and it tangled like mad the second I stepped outside. My hair had to be washed daily to avoid greasy roots, which resulted in dull damaged hair.

Over the years I discovered that it didn't matter where i had my hair cut or colored, what I described above didn't change. Measurable improvements were made when I discovered a sulfate free shampoo at Costco, and Batiste dry shampoo at my local beauty supply store. Redken Satainwear blowout lotion also helped. I began to wash my hair less, and my hair began to look better, but I wasn't until i pulled the trigger on this ridiculously expensive hairbrush that I began to love my hair.

I figured I could splurge since I cut my hair at Greatclips and color my own hair, but I did feel guilty about the purchase..... but not anymore. This brush is the single best beauty purchase I've ever made. The bristles are just firm enough to penetrate to and massage the scalp, but soft enough that it feels absolutely luxurious. The brush seems to not only spread the oil through the hair, but also absorb excess oil. The result is shiny, bouncy hair that is full of body. I can now wash twice a week. What a revelation... what a time saver....etc.

Some people spend over $100 dollars for a cut and color that lasts eight weeks. I'm not judging those people. My point is, why not spend $100 dollars on a hairbrush that will last forever and outperform any hairbrush at the drugstore X 1,000. I wish I had known about these brushes years ago, it would have saved me years of hair heartache.

On a side not, packaging is not usually a concern of mine, but I was delighted with vintage packaging of my brush. I could imagine strolling into a mercantile circa 1890 and buying the same brush.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have owned my Mason Pearson brush for years, and its great. I have the full size and the mini for a purse. Then one day I bought a Denman (also made in England) for $12 that works exactly the same. My intent was to have one to keep in my travel bag. I can't believe how well it performs - its basically the exact same brush. Only $70 less. I like Mason Pearson but I wish I would have known about Denman because it works just as well.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I love my Mason Pearson hairbrush, it has been the best beauty investment I have made since my Clairsonic Plus. The use of this brush has helped tame down my frizzies as well as give my hair lush volume. These brushes are expensive but they are so worth it. I highly recommend them to everyone I know that has hair concerns like fine, limp hair. Simply amazing!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by annieSFRBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I realize it seems obscene to spend over $100 on a brush, but it is SO worth it! You'll have this thing for a lifetime. I have had the same one for 13 years and it's still in great shape and I use it a couple times a week. I've had hair dryers melt bristles on other brushes, but this thing is indestructible. Also, leaves your hair smoother than any other flat brush I have tried.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2012 6:07:00 AM More reviews by ozebaia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

POCKET 100% Boar Bristle Brush- is too small to use for styling or blow drying hair, but is perfect for carrying around in a handbag for tidy ups. Mason Pearson brushes are VERY expensive and an "investment", but I am now going to buy a larger brush for blow drying my hair, but I will be looking for a less expensive, but still pure bristle brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

Always heard a lot about MP brushes, and never thought I would actually buy one. I regret waiting so long ... I got mine 4 weeks ago (extra large, 100%boar bristle in the dark handle color) - it is outstanding! I have been brushing morning and night, and my hair simply behaves beautifully. It is shinier, more groomed and overall just dreamy. I may buy a pocket one for trips..it is the beginning of a love affair!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by fishiebubble

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not a bad brush, although I dont see the outstanding results as everyone else has gotten.

Even though its got the rubbery pad, you still get static fly away hair if you run the brush through it too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Sitare

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this Brush!! So gentle on my hair, I have the small extra pure boar bristle brush, it was an anniversary present from my fiance. It instantly makes me hair soft and shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by melissathemakeupartist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing brush! It does wonders for my lifeless hair! My dad got this in 1977 and its still in perfect condition!!!!!!!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by wejay

I saw the extra large brush in an australian dept store for $290. Ridiculous I thought. I didnt want to pay that for a brush - no matter how long it lasts. Found one online for less than half the price delivered. Still, at $130 I was still sceptical but curiousity made me go ahead and purchase. Well, i cant believe how good this brush is. My boyfriend even comments on how this brush has changed my dull dry hair into soft shiny hair. I cant figure out how it works so well - it is just a plain looking bristle brush - but it does. Wish I had bought one 20 years ago. Oh yeah, boyfriend ended up trying it on his thinning locks and ended up with 'big hair'. Scary!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No