October 25, 2014 | 1744 users online

Gels/Soaps - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Cream Soap

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2006 8:27:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This soap was not too drying, it had a ok scent, and it seemed to have some kind of firming quality to it even if it was shortlived. It's cheap too. I found it at my local Walgreens on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2005 8:31:00 PM More reviews by angmo

This soap is great for relieving dry itchy eczema skin. It really improved my eczema (a dried crusty leathery looking patch on my feet). It did not "cure" my skin condition but keep in check. Another good side effect is:- lightened old scar marks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2005 10:53:00 PM More reviews by lipcrazy

Definetly not sure about this product. I find the smell to be horrid, like a mixture of chlorine and chocolate, but it is subtle, and smells only of chocolate on the skin. I have oily skin and this soap is way to harsh to use on my face, it leaves my face feeling tight and with white patches. On the body it leaves me feeling clean (as compared to oil of olay body wash that makes me feel like I have some residue left on my skin) but it is only mediocre in terms of moisture. On my legs and arms it is adequate but on more delicate areas such as the chest and abdomen it slightly dries out my skin. Give it a try it might work for you, its only like $2.00 and can always be used just as hand soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2004 12:34:00 PM More reviews by honeyx

I have very weird combination skin... extremely oily T zone combined with extremely dry patches in both T zone (especially chin) and around nose/mouth. Most facial soaps, even very gentle and/or organic products, either dry me out a lot or cause breakouts.

Okay, so onto my review of Palmers Cocoa Butter Cream Soap (bar).

Price: I usually pay $1.50 for this bar.

Packaging and Design: The white box comes with the standard Palmer's logo. Inside the soap is nicely wrapped in a plastic bag, which makes it seem fresher. The bar itself is a lovely light chocolate milk color and has a nice curvy shape to it.

Scent: Earthy and natural to me. There aren't a lot of chemical ingredients in this soap and I think that shines through in the aroma. It has a gentle cocoa scent. Sometimes it smells almost a little too natural for me, but ultimately I appreciate how this scents my skin.

Moisture: One thing I love about this soap is that it leaves my skin feeling wonderfully creamy after I use it. I use this in the shower for cleansing and shaving, as well as for washing my face. My skin feels smooth and clean afterwards. If I use it too many times in one day (say three facial washes) than it can become a little drying. Regardless, my skin is nowhere near as patchy as it used to be and it feels lovely after I use the Palmers.

Acne: I think the cocoa butter in this bar has helped to fade some of my old acne redness and scarring on my face. It also definitely helps prevent breakouts and leaves my complexion looking healthier. Nothing else has helped me to consistantly avoid breakouts and reduce scarring as much as Palmers. I have weird skin, though, so I don't know if it'll work as well for other people.

Overall: A+. Extremely inexpensive, short ingredient list, infused with cocoa butter, natural cocoa aroma, works well on my dry/oily/sensitive/acne combo skin, leaves skin clean and creamy most of the time. Highly recommended for others with persnickety skin who want a simple washing regime.
continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2004 8:06:00 PM More reviews by val3ntine

At first, it smelled just like the Cocoa Butter Formula lotion, but when I used it, it smelled gross on me. It's hard to describe, but almost herbal-y, and very plastic. After I used it, the bar doesn't smell anything like the lotion. It was very moisturizing though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2004 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oooooh, I love this! It's so creamy and delicious-smelling. It leaves your skin clean and soft. I've even been using it on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2004 12:34:00 PM More reviews by perfumeslut

This soap smells incredible like you want to take a bite out of it. It also leaves a nice subtle scent in the bathroom. Don't let that scare you thinking this is a drop dead strong scented soap as it isn't. Palmers is a chocolate scented soap that does not dry your skin out thanks to the oils in the soap that compliments the whole line of Palmers moisturizers. For the price it beats some of the high end soaps and lotions out there hands down!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2004 10:51:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am reallly liking this soap bar! I didn't think that I could even like a soap bar because I've been using body washes for so long now, but this one is amazing! First of all, it smells wonderful, just like chocolate!! It really creates a nice lather and rinses clean while leaving my skin lightly scented. Best of all, this stuff *really* moisturizes! My skin is always extra dry and this keeps it extra smooth and hydrated all day long. After trying so many expensive body washes, I'm in love with this! Go figure! :o)

Everyone should try this out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2003 11:15:00 PM More reviews by AsiaChick

This is such a creamy soap and I liked the smell when I first opened the package. The smell is kind of like the rest of Palmer's products. I've used this to wash both face and body, but I like to use it mostly for face and hands. I feel squeaky clean and it seems like my face has a better complexion from using this. Only gripe I have about this is it's a little drying to me. I've bought this three times and would continue buying.