April 19, 2014 | 1714 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Bronzer in Golden

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by feveragnes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Golden is a soft muted golden brown bronzer with a hint of small glitters inside. It's not noticable when applied to contour, and the colour is a subtle nude brown on my fair-medium skin, nothing orange-y. It contours well and not over-the-top, and it works well to contour my nose as well. After applying this, i look like I have a really subtle tan, just like a natural sunkissed face. lovely.

Edited:
It hit the pan after 2 weeks as I constantly applied it to my face and all over my body for a fake tan - and it was totally broken with all powder scattering all over my laps when I opened it. I was like, OMG! Maybe I should have kept it in a compact makeup case.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by MoG04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best bronzer I have. I have tried about 3 different kinds and they usually show up too dark, too light or just not right. This one is perfect! One thing though to note is it leaves LOTS of sparkles behind. I kiss my nephew all the time on his cheeks and he ends up sparkly...fortunately he's only one so its not too big of a deal...but be weary if you are to put on BEFORE getting dressed...you may want to caution yourself

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Katillac

I don't usually wear bronzer (I usually just contour with a dark blush), but I saw this sitting on my sister's counter and decided to give it a try. Overall, I really like it. I have very fair skin (NC15-20) and this gives a great color. Obviously, be careful not to put on too much, or you will orange and muddy. A light dusting of this on the forehead and cheekbones really makes you look more awake! The only reason I'm giving this 4 instead of 5 is because of the shimmer and I think you could find a cheaper alternative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by MsHepburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A bronzer that doesn't turn me orange! Score. Don't need a lot of product and definitely use a huge big face brush to apply it, gives the most even, natural effect. I just take a tiny bit and swipe it over my entire face, neck and down a bit. It feels like I'm barely putting it on but then when I glance in the mirror later in the day I think 'Hey, I look quite healthy today'.

Update: I have discovered another way to use this bronzer when I asked the MAC sales girl for a contouring powder! She just used this one, with a blusher brush, to sweep a tiny bit under my cheekbone and topped my cheeks with Style blush. Very nice 'sculpted' effect and since I already had this product I didn't need to buy anything :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by ladolcediva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely soft bronzer for those who want a realistic glow. This does show up faintly on my NC 44 skin, but looks amazing on fairer shades. My biggest gripe is that it is not finely milled; the particles are very large when the compact is swept. It does buff in for a more refined look, but if you like a more finely milled bronzer, try the Mineralize Skinfinish Naturals.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Teacakeanyone

Keep in mind, I'm SUPER fair. So obviously this is the bronzer in MAC's lineup that is intended for such light skintones. If you're medium to darker, don't even come near this. It's quite light.

That being said...I was highly skeptical...and this is perfect for what I wanted! Bronzers have become my passion over the last year, but I've really wanted to get into natural contouring. It's genuinely true that this product is *not* orangey or too brown. Example - my skin is white enough that Benefit Hoola looks macaroni orange on me. So I kid not. But I can do a few passes of this below my cheekbones...and it looks like I have cheekbones! My round face is very happy. Yes, it's not super pigmented --> yes, you should think of it as a layering product. Build up to the intensity or pigmentation you desire. I can see if you were using this all over your face how it wouldn't be ideal. But since I'm using so little each time, I'm very excited I found this purchase as it will last for me! To recap: If you're very fair and want an extremely natural contour - try MAC Golden. :) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by jerky283

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have very fair skin and this bronzer actually makes me look like I have some color versus me looking washed out. I always need to add bronzer or blush as I am very pale, thanks to my irish and english ancestors. I very rarely tan so bronzer is a must all year long especially in the summer. Most bronzers are too dark and are meant for more tan skin but this bronzers looks very natural on my skin. I really like mac makeup and find they are not too expensive versus some brands. I bought this after my guerlain bronzer broke when i dropped and I couldnt imagine spending that much money again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

Does not show up at all on my NC42 skin. It looks like nothing. It adds the faintest hint of shimmer. The good thing is that it isn't intense and orangey though - not showing up is way better than that. Also there's no sparkles or glitter in it, but very faint shimmer. Would be suitable for those that are super pale and looking for a very non-intense bronzer that isn't very pigmented.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by KatieFMakeup

Really disapointed with this bronzer! didn't show up at all on my nw25 skin maybe when i have paler skin it'll show up but at the moment it feels like a waste of money! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMyWorld21

A lightly frosted, tinted powder that gives skin sheer natural color and highlights effects. Ideal for enhancing or strenghtening a tan. It is a dirty brown with a very fine golden shimmer strewn through the powder thatís barely noticeable when used. I donít find it turns orange-y at all, so I like it for a bronzing option. Itís dark enough to work on light to medium dark complexions, but itís not so dark that it will look drastic on lighter skin tones.
It's a As I mentioned, I use this to give me color instead of contouring since it has shimmer. Contouring is best used with matte colors but that is just my preference. This bronzer wears for 3-4 hours the most before it starts fading, as any makeup does on my face. Besides being a bronzer, you can also use it as a blusher too. powder with fine gold shimmers, great for contouring or add color to skin.This has more brown tinge to it but as it applies sheer, it does not make your face look dark or muddy. I would suggest it to be used with a kabuki or powder brush for flawless and not over-doing. Swirl the brush around, tap the excess and use on required areas. Like it very much, but as I ran out of Nars Laguna and Benefit Hoola, am using this. Probably my third best bronzer.