Burt's Bees Doctor Burt's Res-Q Ointment

4.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

olive fruit oil, beeswax, cocoa seed butter, wheat germ oil, lavandin oil, sunflower seed oil, lavender flower oil, comfrey leaf extract, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil, corn oil, chlorophyllin-copper complex

on 7/22/2012 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is just an amazing product. Love the rich green colour. It is like a miracle balm. Applied on a few bleeding, cracked areas of my heels, it healed those overnight.
And, the balm does not have almond oil. Hurray!

I am getting more of these mini-tubs now. Too bad this product is not easily available anymore. BB seems to make all their better products obsolete...

on 5/14/2012 2:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this recently after reading all the reviews on MUA. I started out using this on my dry, cracked cuticles and it works very, very well. It's much less greasy than the lemon butter and absorbs much more quickly. I've also used this on my dry, cracked heels and it works beautifully as well. My latest use (and most favorite) is to use it as an eye cream. I have super sensitive skin around the eyes and often get dry, scaly skin on the inner part of my lids. EVERY eye cream i've tried irritated the skin even worse and made the area super tender and sensitive. I've been using this around my eyes before bed at night for 1 weeks straight and wow! Im so impressed with this as an eye cream - It does not sting but moisturises, completely cleared up the scaly, red skin and leaves my eye area looking fresh and smooth. The best part is, when I wake up in the morning, my eyes are not irritated like with other creams Ive tried that have seeped into my eyes. Love Love Love this.

on 3/2/2012 1:02:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product REALLY is great, but sadly I always forget I have it around so I don't use it as religiously as I should to help with scarring. For awhile, I was really good about using this product in combination with tea tree oil in witch hazel as toner, and the occasional treatment of fresh squeezed lemon juice from organic lemons to keep acne at bay in a natural way. The tea tree oil/witch hazel combo would help new pimples and the lemon juice would help prevent scarring as pimples went away. This Res-Q balm was then the final step in the process and helped a lot with existing scarring as well.
I need to get strict about this system again, as it was very effective for my skin. I've used this ointment for my chapped elbows, knees, and lips also and it really is a godsend!

on 11/2/2011 3:17:00 PM

My parents always had this stuff around and I used it all the time. It's really good. heals fast, smells good. Nice product. My only complaint was that it felt kind of oily on the skin, but I can deal with that. This tin is really awesome too! you can use it for a lot.

on 10/19/2011 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this because of all the great reviews, and wanted to use it for pimple scars as some people in the reviews said it worked wonders for. It did nothing and I had two brand new acne scars from popped pimples. It only made my skin feel oilier.

on 3/29/2011 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a staple in my stash. I've been using it for four years now. It's an all around, helps-with-any-skin-ailment, kind of product. I mainly use it for healing blemishes, but it works well for irritated skin, sunburns, healing cuts, and rashes. And while I know that just because something is natural doesn't mean it's better or safer for you than chemicals, having an all natural healing product psychologically makes me feel a bit better about using it on my skin. The smell is a very strong, natural, herbal, green scent. I smell the mix of lavender and comfrey, with a bit of rosemary.

on 1/18/2011 3:56:00 PM

Love, love, love this product.
The ointment heals everything.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This is a great ointment. It helps soothe my skin after I wax my brows and lip area. It also helps heal minor burns, scratches, cuts. Actually, it's great for larger cuts too. I once cut my self cooking and had a deep gash. While it didn't take the pain right away, the next day my cut was gone and completely pain free. I actually love the smell, which is the reason I find it weird that very few like it. I find it quite soothing, I think the general census here is that it smells of lavender oil. And it does help me calm down whenever I feel a bit panicky. When my nose feels stuffy or my head hurts I like to rub this onto the tip of my nose and on my temples. You have no idea how often I use this on my head alone. I can't do that with other ointments because they burn my skin and often they smell too strong and medicinal. They often make me feel worse. Whenever I have heartburn(come on, some people get them on a regular basis (I!)), I like to rub this on the area between my chest. It is amazing. I've also found it helps diminish ingrown hairs, muscle cramps and razor burns.

The one thing I do hate about it, as much as I tried to get an ease of it, is the packaging. I wish the lid was twistable or something. It is so difficult to open, and I would've loved it so much more if this wasn't a problem. I once slipped a few feet below a hill while I was walking a state park. I scratched my leg quite badly, and got a a few cuts on my arms. On top of that I had been bitten by mosquitoes on my way there, and add allergies to pollen. By the time I managed to calm down a bit I tried to reach this from my bag (I own a sample sized one in my makeup bag), I got mad and annoyed trying to pry it open. My fingers hurt like hell (I fractured my left arm), and I had long nails. I had to open this with my mouth because my hands were jerky and nervous. I managed to get it open and apply it everywhere it hurt. The next day all my injuries, except my wrist fracture, were better.Since then I have this in varying sizes in every place I could reach for it (in my car, my kitchen, my room, my mu bag, my bathroom).

I don't think this would work for serious cuts or injuries, but it can help calm them and ease the pain until proper treatment can be accessed. The only thing I love more than the ointment itself is that it is completely natural. Which makes it safe to use on my Mama (grandmama) when she scratches her hands gardening, my baby cousins when they bump into something or hit themselves paying, and my brother to carry on his school bag to use when playing soccer. Even for my mom and her sensitive skin at work when she gets headaches. If you want something gentle yet effective for any little troubles that come your way, give this a try. It's great period.

on 10/6/2010 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the the most versatile product I have ever found. I'm not kidding. I put it on cuts, burns, a sore nose when my allergies are bugging me, bug bites, zits, my cat's ears, my ingrown leg hairs - it will heal ANYTHING with a quickness. It's cheap and very effective...

on 6/2/2010 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like this product. It indeed help to cure acne on my face. I put it on my dry hands, and my hand feels smooth now. Though I say I will repurchase it, I don't know when I need to purchase it again. It really can last for a long time.

Popular Treatments (Face)