Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 1/26/2015 1:26:00 AM

It's been a long time since I tried Bare Minerals and disliked it because it was gone lunchtime. My skin has changed so I've been looking for a new foundation and primer. I bought my Bare Minerals loose powder in "fair", tried it on over 5 different primers; just where in the hell did all of these wrinkles come from??? The Mineral Veil sure would "soften the lines, cover pores, and add a subtle glow". O_o Um, nope! Both products, with each primer I tried, ovingly accentuated every line and pore. My (very kind) tween was shocked to see the difference, and suggested I bring it back.
Are all of the other mineral foundations wrinkle/pore magnets, should I try another brand?

on 1/21/2015 5:46:00 PM

When I first started using Bare Minerals years ago I loved it. I used it for 2-3 years solidly. Then something happened. My face was shiny all the time, I could never get rid of it. I liked the benefit that my skin never broke out with this, but I couldn't deal with the shine. I asked my esthetician and she asked me if I used Bare Minerals. I said yes. She said that makes your skin do this. So, I gave it up. And I don't like that it did that. I tried their matte version and it did the same thing except it didn't blend as well. Not recommending this. I moved on to better foundations and no longer have to clean up a powder mess every morning.

on 1/19/2015 5:03:00 PM

I cant remember why I stopped using my foundation in medium beige...
I like it. I actually like it a lot. I also used Warmth as blush and setted all with the mineral veil witch is brilliantly fabulous.
Maybe i will repurchase after finding out if it contains any kind of oil or not.
It has a light but very natural coverage witch is buildable and the finish is very nice. But if i remember correctly this doesnt stay for very long and i think my skin got quite oily after a while. Maybe ill just try it again just to make sure... :)

on 1/18/2015 11:50:00 AM

I love Bare Minerals. I think they have a great line that's not extremely pricey for high end makeup. I use everything from their foundation to their mascara and I can't complain. I've been purchasing the Bare Minerals READY foundation in Fairly Light and it gives me great, buildable coverage with a natural matte finish. I actually prefer liquid makeup for coverage wise, however it clogs my pores and causes major breakouts so Bare Minerals is my go to. Love it.

on 1/18/2015 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not a fan. I have tried and tried again to love this.
It just is not happening. I personally do not think it looks that natural on the skin especially compared to other mineral foundations I have tried.
That being said I have also found that no matter what the brand all mineral makeup tend to cause my skin to be more oily then normal.
NOT GOOD. I have since moved on and got over "the mineral bandwagon"

on 1/16/2015 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just don;t like the mess of mineral makeup. It spills. You need to tap & blow your brushes. Eh. Yes, it's better for your skin (MAYBE), yes some natural-folks love it. I just don't. I do like the new mineral-based liquid foundation though.

on 1/13/2015 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS: Natural coverage that's light & allows your skin to breathe. The original formula gives a dewy finish. I have combination & fairly sensitive, acne prone Asian skin & this didn't break me out. Also noticed some improvement in my skin texture after using this. A little really goes a long way, so it's totally value for money - I use a coin size amount for my entire face including my neck. Staying power is relatively good, even in a humid climate - I use a bit of primer & blotting powder on oilier parts of my face & only need to touch up once/twice during a 10hr day out. I don't actually have major issues with the packaging, just need to remember to screw it back tightly after use. CONS: Offers light to medium coverage only - I suppose buffing it in for longer might help to give heavier coverage (or so I'm told), but seriously not everyone has the patience/time to do this. For darker scars, acne or pigmentation, you will definitely still need to apply either a thin layer of BB cream, foundation or a bit of concealer. Tends to emphasize dry skin as well, so a well moisturized face before putting this on is a must. Not so travel friendly as you'll also need to pack a brush - the BM powder brush is quite rubbish & prickly IMHO, so I use the Real Techniques blusher one which is super soft & fluffy. Overall, a non-irritating foundation that doesn't clog my pores. Will repurchase :o)

on 1/9/2015 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I used to use this in fair but I am convinced the formula changed about a year ago? Suddenly the fair shade was far to orange for me, and the powder formula sort of sat on my skin for an hour then melted into a weird greasy mess. Really disappointed because this was my HG foundation, it really did improve my skin as a whole, and I liked the light coverage. Shame really :(

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I've been using this product for years now and as a day time foundation. I do think your skin needs to be good before applying this. As it is lightcoverage. I can only use it if I am having a spot free day. Any redness or dryness and this foundation can look awful. I do believe if you use this foundation for a long period of time it does improve your skin. The more I used this the more my skin looked dewy and flawless. If you have oily skin this is also great as it keeps you matte. I do however apply mac studio fix plus over the top using a sponge to give me extra light/medium coverage. The results a natural healthy complexion. It also dose not break me out. I gave it a 4 out 5 if it had more coverage it would be 5 out of 5. I do suggest buying this from a high end store not eBay or Amazon as there are a lot of fakes being sold at the moment. They retail at £22 anything being sold for £10 is 100% fake.

on 11/22/2014 12:05:00 PM

I really liked this product. I loved the way it made my skin look and how it felt. My skin looked almost airbrushed. Since I have acne, I got a heavy duty concealer (glamoflauge by hard candy) and a tinted moisturizer and it made my face look nearly flawless. Did get somewhat oily but wasn't noticeable. The only reason I can't use this daily is because it causes cystic acne on me. Throughout the day I would feel my skin itch and come home to feel a huge bump or two under my skin. I use revlon color stay as my everyday foundation and it keeps my skin from overreacting. But I highly recommend you try it first and see if it works for your skin, because it really does look amazing on your skin and was the funnest foundation to play with.