October 24, 2014 | 1813 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Extra Super Lash mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Sms815

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff...especially for the price. Ive found the trick to using this stuff is with a lash primer or even just some lengthening mascara underneath it helps. It tends to clump for the first couple uses(seems most mascara does due to so much product on brush) this stuff applies perfect for me after about a week of use. I like how its buildable, you can get a nice subtle lash or build them up for night

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by benette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The wand and packaging are fine, nice even, but the formula itself is lousy. I can make most mascaras work for me since I wipe the brush off before each use and I comb my lashes, so for me to toss this after the 2nd use is pretty bad. It's just too dry to work with.
Due to the dryness, it's clump city. Trying to use a clean spoolie to eliminate the clumps just make my lashes stick together.
I was comfortable grabbing this on a whim as 70% Buy Again is pretty good for a mascara but I wish I had passed it up. Not recommended, wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by kayci21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this. It didn't really do anything for me - doesn't hold a curl, doesn't give volume or lengthen either. It clumps really easily too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Eight years ago I tried this after reading a recommendation to a reader in Lucky mag. (The reader was looking for a mascara for contact wearers.) I do not wear contacts but Walgreens had a two4one sale and for 3 bucks I thought I'd splurge :) I love it! I can build up intensity without clumping. No smearing or flaking either It leaves my lashes longer than any mascara I've tried. My SO even made a comment about my lashes looking longer. I almost fainted! You can find this at Target and Walmart. It's the least expensive mascara in Rimmel's lineup.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by mschloej

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is okay. It feels quite heavy and thick on the lashes, even when used sparingly. I like a natural look and I'm looking for colour more than volume or length as the tops of my lashes are blonde. This product makes lashes look too thick and clumpy for my taste and I probably won't be buying it again. I bought it to try it as I hadn't used Rimmel mascara before and the price was good. You really have to scrape a lot of the product off on the top of the tube because so much comes out on the wand. It hurts if it gets in your waterline or in your eyes, even though it says it's suitable for sensitive eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by joeylps

Bought this mascara recently and didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised :) Even though the packaging is really meh, the formula is one of the best ones i've ever come across for drugstore mascaras. It makes my lashes look really natural and glossy, like real HAIR. Most mascaras make lashes look sort of dry, brittle or clumpy but this one really goes on natural. Best of all, the lash separation is really visible! The brush is good for getting at the corners too. Only one lippie down for the time taken for the formula to dry; I think its because its meant to give a glossy look so the formula's a bit wet. So just be careful not to blink too hard. A cotton bud would be useful to clean up a bit too :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Rimmel Extra Super Lash is the perfect mascara for anyone over 40 with sparse lashes. If you are a teenager you will find this mascara boring and unhelpful. And I would say most 15 year olds probably should not bother with mascara because Mother Nature already kissed your face. However, for those of us who have abused our lashes and have found age has taken away their loveliness we need a good simple practical and easy mascara to create what we lost. For all those women like myself whose lashes are no longer thick, plush and full we need a gentle touch. A mascara with a simple wand that can go from the base of the lash to the outer edge and create depth without clumping. Fullness without looking like we have sludge on our eyes. A product that will define the eye without making it look heavy. If you want drama this is not it. This is the all practical, sensible, classic, elegant, basic black masarca that will enhance your eyes not weigh them down. It comes with a wand that can gently cover each tiny insignigficant lash to create elegance without looking like we tried too hard.

Rimmel makes a great product at a price for pennies. I paid under $6.00 for this mascara. It does not last as long as I wish. I have 10 hour days and while it did not come off until I took it off, I did find my eyes itchy after 8 hours. Although it might just be I am tired after a long day of work and rubbing my eyes. And it could have been my eyeshadow too...

To conclude... A great inexpensive mascara that can be found at any Target or Walmart for the busy working mom.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by MiaUnicorn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this mascara most days. One coat does the trick and it does not clump easily even with two coats. It lasts the whole day, although comes off with ease with makeup remover. The wand is not curved or anything. It is easily applied and grips your lashes easily. The tube has lasted me over 4 months. The only negative thing is that it is a little dry, but this isn't a problem for me. It also does not add length, but volume - so is perfect for people with naturally long lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I liked this mascara when I first bought it (one month ago). One coat gives a natural look with some lengthening and thickening. However with a second coat or even a third, it clumps and flakes. I use a clean mascara spoolie to remove excess clumps which helps but eventually the flaking starts. It's not fun having mascara flaking into your eyes. I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by estellarosa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I thought Extra WOW was great but this is even bettter!!! More flexible, more definition! A dream to apply!No more nightmares!
Found my HG!