October 21, 2014 | 1927 users online

Fragrances - Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I have mixed feelings about this fragrance but gave it 4 stars because of it's true tea rose scent, it's insane lasting power and silage, and it's dirt cheap price.

First, I had to transfer 3mls of this fragrance to an old mini perfume bottle with a stopper instead of a spray, I find that even spraying this into the air and walking through it imparts a bit too much of the fragrance onto me because it is monstrously strong. Dabbing it lightly is the only way to go for my personal use. I use so little of this when I do wear it that I'm guessing the giant 100ml bottle I bought for 10$ may go bad before I get event half way through it.

The scent is linear, single note massive strong and true tea rose. It probably is the single strongest rose perfume I've ever smelled. I love rose scents, but this perfume has taught me that I prefer them mixed with other notes rather than on their own. So I use this fragrance primarily for layering, and also as the occasional air freshener (I would probably use it as an air freshener more often if my boyfriend liked rose scents but sadly he does not). I like to mix it with other rose based perfumes that I feel could have a bit more rose, and it works amazingly for that.

I do understand why some people say this reminds them of rotting roses. When used at certain times and usually in large amounts I also detect a hint of this at first, it can be extremely offensive when like this. Fortunately it does not smell rotting to me most of the time. Overall, for what this is, I think this fragrance has a lot to offer. The one thing I would really like to see change is the bottle, it's hideous and cheap looking, they could easily make a more attractive bottle for the same price...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite classic floral scent. It's elegant, yet simple and natural-- fits me better than Grand Compositions like Chanel No 5, Fracas, or Joy. Yep, it's just rose and nothing but. However, the quality of the rose is absolutely perfect, velvety, fresh with dew and greenery-- avoiding the cloying sweetness common to rose scents. Rose oil is used as an antidepressant in aromatherapy, so no surprise that I gravitate to Tea Rose on rainy or difficult days. When applied with proper restraint, this scent gets loads of compliments. I feel pretty... oh so pretty...

I've actually had better luck with the now-discontinued EDP than with the EDT now widely available. It's actually less of a sillage monster, and is smoother and less shrill in the opening. I found my EDP on eBay, and hopefully you can too!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have kept a bottle of this on hand for probably 20 years. This is a true, fresh, bright, clean tea rose scent. There are no musky or spicy or "dirty" undertones. This is the smell of pure tea rose and nothing else. If you are crazy about the smell of roses- which I am- then you'll love this fragrance. And I find that this mixes nicely with other scents since it only smells like roses- I can spritz a little of this on after I have used Coty Wild Musk or other scented products and it almost seems to make anything smell even better. Yes, this does have a rep for being loved by sweet old ladies. But the key word there is sweet.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I cannot believe this single note scent. It is honey sweet and lush like a bouquet of deep dark pink roses if that makes any sense!
Most roses (havent tried Rosines line) turn sour or make my nose 'peppery' and irritated. These include Stella McCartney Stella, Paul Smith Rose, Mille et Une Roses.

I think Tea Rose is reminding me of Jo Malone's Red Roses in its sweetness and freshness. I think Rose scents are a matter of taste and to me it is important that the scent is sweet, deep and singular rather than have amber, peonies, citrus added to it.

The bottle i have is the 120ml one and i guess this will last very long as 2 sprays is more than enough. It cost me only 9.99.

Another rose scent i like where the addition of amber is an exception is Stella McCartney Stella Absolute. I have tried this on paper and am yet to test on my skin.

Update 26/10/10:

Still in love with Tea Rose and i think i am immuned to the smell as i am not getting get wafts of this and can only smell it if i press my nose on my skin (and it is there since 8am and now it is 4.20pm). I am wondering how other reviewers mention the large sillage and whether my bottle has a weaker juice? This reminds me of the dry down of TBS Tea Rose perfume oil. Except i cannot wait for the dry down with TBS's one as the initial phase is too sharp and green for my liking.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by VivaLaEleanor

This is a very unique scent. It's just FLORAL.. nothing but roses and big flowers.. It actually smells like Cabbage Patch Kids, if anyone remembers how they smell haha! It is *extremely* strong.. And it is so easy to go overboard, so I like layering this with a fruitier body spray, like one of the VS Pink ones and just putting half a spray on my wrists. This is a really nice, cheap fragrance to have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

Wow, this is a bomb of a fragrance. Quite a nice realistic rose, and it has crazy tenacity considering it is an EDT. I have EDPs that do not last as long. I love rose fragrances, but I am not entirely sure I'd like to wear this...it's a bit too much rose all at once. Fab as a bedroom spray, though. It's really cheap so I would definitely repurchase it. I would like to try layering this with other scents, as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by maybelle

This is another good rose fragrance that I own. I bought a huge bottle from drugstore.com recently for $12, I believe. I used to own a teeny, little bottle of this when I was a teenager, and I kept it for a long, long time until it started to smell a bit off. Unlike the Woods of Windsor True Rose, which is a light, sweet rose, Tea Rose is a stronger, heavier scent, not sweet, definitely with a green, woody undertone. I agree with many reviewers. This one is definitely potent. Do not spray this directly on yourself. I spritz into the air and walk through the mist. Otherwise, it overwhelms me, the wearer. I am actually curious as to how this would smell layered with the other rose scent. The best way to try this, I suppose, is to put both on cotton balls and dab on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by aliora

Honestly, given all the reviews I've read about this, I expected a crazy powerhouse of roses that would suffocate me the moment it was sprayed. I suppose it can if you over spray. I stick to one or two with it since I'm not sure if everyone likes the pure smell of roses. And pure smell of rose this is! I'm happy to say that this is a green fresh rose and not artificial smelling like some other rose scents I've come upon. It does get slightly sharp on my skin a few moments after spraying on, but it also softens down to to something that's actually more tame. It might just be my skin's ability to eat up a fragrance, but it actually doesn't stick around as much as my other perfumes do. It fades after three hours (or maybe I just don't notice it anymore). In any case, it'll make a good layering fragrance as wearing it alone can be kind of boring. It's also dirt cheap, so its quite a buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by HolliVomit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this smells exactly like roses at a flower shop with the greens and puddling. i plan to layer it with a few things i have that i wish were a bit more rose infused

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very pretty pure rose scent. I used to wear it when I was 12-13 years old. It IS strong, and like many others, I recommend spraying it in the air and walking through the mist- that's all you need. Remarkably affordable. The only reason I stopped wearing it was because I got tired of it (I go through phases) and starting gravitating to the predictable vanilla fragrances later in my teens. The smell of roses always makes me think of elegance and beauty, I'm considering a return...