October 26, 2014 | 1388 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Vitamin C Skin Boost

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was recommended by their sales assistant to help make my face look less oily & let my makeup last longer. Now now, this product did none of that for me. My face still looked as oily as it did without applying this. I even gave this a chance by using it straight for 2 weeks - nope, still the same thing. The only thing I liked about this was how smooth it made my skin feel. Oh, and how little you need to cover your entire face: remember, less is more. It is expensive and all in all, I won't be repurchasing this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While the product smells good and is packaged in a nice bottle, which looks pretty, don't mistakenly overlook the fact it's chock-full of silicones. That was a big deal breaker for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by s0fieee

Broke me out the first time I used it. Nice texture though, feels silky smooth

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by essence38

This is an amazing product from The Body Shop! I have oily, acne prone skin, but this did not make my skin feel greasy. It feels as soft as silk on your skin. I have recommended this to many friends who all have different skin types, and they all loved it. It is a bit pricey ($26 in Canada for the full sized one), however I would say it is definitely worth it as it lasted me almost six months using it every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by kkate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite body shop products. I bought it on a whim during a 3 for $30 sale. I doubt I would ever pay full price for it and usually there isn't a need to with the Body Shop's good sales. I use it as a primer for my makeup and it makes my makeup go on smoother and look so much better. My makeup also stays longer. This also keeps my face from getting too oily as the day goes on. A bottle lasts for almost a year for me. I'm not sure if it does even the tone of my skin that much but it is great besides that.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 10:18:00 AM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It does go on slick feeling due to the silicone, but I find that it soaks in and helps my moisturizer go on smoothly. My skin is not oily by the end of the day although I am not sure if this is due to my skincare or the fact I'm getting older and finally out of the oily face stage.

Typically I am very sensitive to products and will breakout easily if my skin doesn't like it but I haven't had this issue at all.

I gave it four lippies because I haven't seen a huge difference in the appearance of my skin, but I have noticed it does appear more even toned and brighter over time. Keep in mind as well that vitamin C serums such as this are made to protect your skin against free radicals which wouldn't be an instantly noticeable and gratifying thing for people, although it is working. Using a vitamin C serum is one of the anti-aging steps that is highly recommended by skin experts in keeping your skin young.

I will continue to buy this because I want a vitamin C serum for anti aging and I have had no bad reactions to this product, have seen a slight difference in the brightness of my skin, and it isn't TOO expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Suester

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a super light weight moisturiser as I wasn't liking the feel of cremes on my skin during summer and I found this at TBS outlet store in hong kong... I bought one bottle and loved it so much that I went back and bought 4 more, as it was pretty cheap ($15AUD) and I was a bit worried that it would be discontinued (hence why it was in the outlet store) and I wouldn't be able to get hold of it again...

However, whilst it was good in summer, and would be amazing with a serum first and this over the top, it was no where near enough for winter (which is what I went home to, was in HK for work), so it went to the back of the shelf and I pretty much had forgotten about it...

I was recently doing a clean up and decided to give it another go, before tossing it all out and I remember why I loved it so much. Makes your skin feel SO amazingly soft and smooth, it really does feel fantastic, but that feeling doesn't last long, maybe a few hours and I find myself only using it on non-make up days as a bit of a freshen up, as it is Winter and I think its a bit much over the top of a moisturiser first thing.

The smell is pretty fantastic!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This makes my skin look glowy radiant and flawless even my boyfriend remarked after I put it on and that was only after one use!!! This is amazing under makeup aswell,my makeup just glides on effortlessly so its good in terms of being a primer aswell however this won't prolong your makeup like other primers out there but it will give you a healthy glow under your makeup this is HG for me love it and I highly recommend to anyone out there! UPDATE: sadly I hadto stop using this I'm positive this was making me break out since I used it three pimples appeared on my cheek,I very rarely ever get pimples,so I just knew it hadto be this.I passed this on to my friend will not use this again pity made my skin look really good but having pimples to go with it is simply not worth it probably the silicones in it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by melaniejade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased the Vitamin C Skin Boost on recommendation from TBS SA to compliment my morning skin care routine. I am on the fence for this product - I don't hate it, but don't love it either.

It leaves my skin looking and feeling smooth after applying moisturiser, and doubles as a great base before applying make up. I just haven't noticed any great difference to my skin after using this product (OR maybe I just need to persist using this product to note a difference?) Perhaps it's because my skin doesn't require a product like this. I wouldn't recommend this for sensitive skin types (I have dry to sensitive skin). Whilst I didn't feel discomfort after applying the Vitamin C Skin Boost, I just don't think it is the most appropriate product for that skin type.

The Vitamin C Skin Boost retails for $36.50 AUD.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by yllwbrckrd

over-priced primer, in my opinion. it feels sooooo soft... but that's the dimethicone feeling. its nice, and the bottle lasts forever, but dont expect it to change your skin. it IS nice to use on no makeup days i guess.