September 21, 2014 | 2114 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Shampoo Two

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 4:20:00 PM More reviews by justcallmed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Shampoo 2 kicks ass at cleaning deeply without feeling like straw after.I use this maybe once or twice a week to degunk my hair after using all the product I do. It has a super slight and fresh lemon scent and lathers up well and rinses clean. A must for people that do use a lot of product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by artemis513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very effective clarifying shampoo. I like to use this every 2 weeks or so and it gives my hair a fresh start. I like to deep condition afterward since the hair is so clean. I really like that this shampoo is deep cleansing but not overly drying. I have kinky curly hair (african textured) that I am growing out of a relaxer, so it tangles easily if I don't use a really moisturizing shampoo, but this doesn't make things worse at all. Will repurchase when I run out, which is funny because in general I don't really like most Paul Mitchell shampoos (love his conditioners/treatments, though).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2010 8:36:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well lately my hair has been seriously oily and flat due to the summer heat. And my hairstylist told me to wash my hair with clarifying shampoo at least once a week. This shampoo has helped tremedously, but its drying out my ends (duh! it strips moisture), so I have been using extra conditioner on my ends, just hate to deal with split ends and oily hair. This is a good shampoo but not good enough, i used to use Biolage Normalizing Shampoo, I may try that again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Thunderblitz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As another reviewer noted, this is great for summer and for people with an oily scalp. I was developing a very itchy scalp and lank hair, turns out the shampoo I was using wasn't getting the job done. This cleared it up right away, but without stripping. When you tend to have a oily scalp, it's hard to find a shampoo that will effectively clean without stripping, particularly ends. This does the job nicely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by chelsia

I use this shampoo during the hot weather from May to Sept for my oily scalp. It works really well & makes my hair soft & clean looking for 3 days :) In stores this product is expensive but since my mom is a beautician I get it for free. Really great product for people with oily hair!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 10:53:00 AM More reviews by jay45

I bought this after my hair dresser recommended to use a clarifying shampoo once a week to remove residue from products and oil to make my hair shiny. Its pretty cheap to buy. I like the lemon scent, smells fresh. I find the shampoo is a bit runny and that I need a lot to really feel like my hair is clean. Sometimes I have to wash my hair with it twice to really make it feel clean. I feel that for the price of this is does what it says. Im not to fond of the bottle it comes in. I bought one and it was cracked at the top so everytime I went to use it it poured out the crack.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It was accidental that I bought this -- I wanted to get Shampoo Three, which looks identical to Shampoo Two in packaging & both say they clarify, so I was a bit blindsided by the fact that they both do the same thing but on different levels.
Shampoo Two removes buildup (& smells lemony) & Shampoo Three removes buildup & chlorine deposit (& smells grapefruity).
When I realized I bought the wrong shampoo I decided to try it anyway, as I felt I had a lot of silicone buildup in my hair in addition to chlorine & other hard water minerals (which was why I wanted Shampoo Three in the first place).
I love the fresh tart lemon scent & found the 100% clear shampoo to be rather runny, so I had to lather twice, first to remove some of the muck & then to get my hair completely clean.
Worked well. I dislike the Paul Mitchell packaging (flat top dispenser) especially since the formula is thin & runny but have otherwise no problems using this product. The bottle hasn't gotten messy with shampoo, though I'm always nervous about that possibility.
This cleaned my hair nicely but didn't over-strip. It's gentle enough to use a couple times a week (that's my limit).
Although this wasn't my originally intended purchase, I would buy this clarifying shampoo again. It was just $10 at the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by BlueNite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have bra-length, stick-straight, super-thick hair with a very oily scalp, but normal ends. Any other 'oil control' shampoo on the market would either split my ends to shreds, dry my scalp out do dander, or do nothing it claimed it did and leave my head greasy.

This was my answer. I now only wash my hair every other day and it still looks fine by the end of day 2, though I wash it anyway. My scalp doesn't dry out, and my ends don't get ragged. Its perfect!! It also has a very very very light citrus-y scent, very pleasant but certainly not overpowering.

I should also note that I do not use any heat treatments on my hair, including blow drying, curling, or straightening. Also no hair spray/gel/mousse. I use only 3 other products in my hair, Paul Mitchell Detangler, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum, and Back to Basics Rich Moisture Shampoo in Coconut Mango (only when it gets very dry in the winter time).

I love love love Shampoo Two, and recommend it to anyone with an oily scalp!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by vagabond2

My hair is oily so i have to wash it every day. I was searching for a shampoo that I could use every other day hoping that would keep my hair clean. This shampoo didn't work though I felt my hair clean for a day. It really dried my colored hair as well and I had to use a tone of mask and leave-in conditoner in the ends. I would not buy this product again as I saw nothing better that a drugstore cheap one. I hope I will find a better one!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by iheartalize

I prefer shampoo 1 or shampoo 3 over shampoo 2.. lol. Shampoo 2 is kinda useless to me when the other 2 work really good as well.