April 17, 2014 | 2015 users online

Treatments - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solution

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Mindey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Please DO NOT BUY THIS ! or you will end up like me.. I bought 3 step clinique anti blemish, my skin is getting worse after using this product for about two weeks. I am so shy right now to even go out because my agne is huge everywhere in my whole face. I normally have a few big acne and blackhead but after I use this product my acne is like everywhere in my face! I bought a full size in 2009 and give a try for the first time it didnt work so after the products finish i didnt buy it again. Then I tought i might give it a try again this year who know, it may help my acne but BIG MISTAKE. It is expensive and failed product for acne prone skin and combination oily.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by siobhanjunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Please, do not buy this product. I bought it of desperation after an unexplained breakout while travelling. I couldn't get my hands on Obagi, so I settled for this. It was a huge mistake, 5 weeks later my skin is 10 times worse, and I am completely devastated. If you have acne, this is not a product for you, and they should NOT be advertising it as so. Get a product that is tailor made for problem breakouts, before you cause anymore damage to your skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by malinka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This product made my skin worse my blemishes wise. Ouch! Yes, my skin did feel clean and fresh while using it (before putting on the lotion) but it gave me very nasty and painful blemishes that only got worse until I stopped using the product. Shame really as I love Clinique. Exchanged it for a normal 3-Step care system and will never go back.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by CharCollegegirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have the most oily skin ever..my nose is the worst! I break out all over my chin mostly and I am forever trying to find a product that works! My auntie told me about this as she uses it herself and I'm impressed! After using it for so long I don't even mind not wearing makeup and get so many compliments on my skin :-) the cleanser feels so nice on my face and is easy to massage in but the only downside is I find the moistuser does run out quickly as I use a lot!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by estrelladion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used this for 12 months, hoping and hoping that I will deliver the promises written in the sheet inside the box. NOTHING HAPPENED! I don't know why I continued using this. Oh well I just remember. It's because I already bought 3 packs of this. I'm not a big spender, but a dermatologist actually recommended this so I thought why not.

It didn't exacerbate my situation (flaky skin but strangely heavily oily, small bumps everywhere, and big zits come and go unpredictably). It just didn't do anything.

One time I went to a different dermatologist, and she gave me a soap bar, a night cream, and a day cream. In one week my skin calmed down. In two weeks all the problems left my face. Thank God for Dr Cynthia!

Anyway, I dont recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by strobegirl1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

ABOUT MY SKIN: My skin in one word is temperamental. It has a life of itís own. In all the places that itís oily it also gets extremely dry. I also have quite a lot of acne, not cystic but ALWAYS there. My pimples, whiteheads and blackheads can happen over night and leave the next morning or they can be there for more than a week without me even touching them. Iím 16 and live in Melbourne, a city with weather even more temperamental than my skin.
ABOUT THE SYSTEM: After more than 6 months of religious use I have seen almost no improvement. Yes the product would mostly ďkeep it at bayĒ but nothing major ever happened. The texture or clarity of my skin or even the redness never dramatically or even a little changed.
The first days that I used it all the products were over drying. My skin started to peel and become super dry, I went back to Clinique and bought Moisture Surge Intense, which worked like a charm and I have no complaints with that (if you have dry skin itís a must).

CLEANSER: The cleanser felt good, tingly at first but I donít think that it really deep cleansed and I feel like there was not enough in the bottle. The other products went a few weeks longer than the cleanser and I only used the recommended 2-3 pumps an application. I like the fact that it was foam and not a gel that you would put on a light exfoliating pad.

LOTION: Not sure why this is called a lotion, I always thought that a lotion was like a thin liquid but anywhoo this was my favorite product from the line. Yes it has alcohol, which is usually a big no-no, but I think it can be beneficial when used only for a small period of time and not for extended regular time. My skin felt nice after this, dry and tight when I didnít moisturize though. It always got rid of dry, flaky skin and made me feel fresh.

MOISTURIZER: I think Clinique just called this a moisturizer to make it a system like the other 3 steps. This is more a treatment, even though it did nothing for me. This had absolutely no hydrating benefits. It had a nice texture and almost no scent for me, which is good considering that Clinique does not add fragrance. When used without another moisturizer it was drying. I also used Moisture Surge Intense after this and Advanced Night repair after the lotion. (I STILL DONíT UNDERSTAND WHY THIS DIDNíT WORK FOR ME. WHY LIFE WHY!?)

WEEK 1: Within a few days my skin starts peeling dry. I get MSI and it fixes right up. Hopeful.
MONTH 2: A little purge period and my skin got quite oily. It kind of goes away.
MONTH 4: This is where I am still hopeful of good things happening. Noticing more drying. Bought a 2nd set.
MONTH 6: Still do not have Kim Kardashianís skin. Also do not have skin with improvement. Stop using and look for other things.
MOTH 7: Clinique is now on my ďlistĒ

FINAL VERDICT: I donít know what the problem was that it didnít work on me.
I donít touch my face; I used all the products twice a day, I change my pillows twice a week, I donít use crappy makeup, I wash my hands and sanitize them before cleansing and such, I didnít use other products and I donít eat bad food either.
I sound crazy I know. This did nothing for me I used it for almost 7 moths and almost $240 AUD later my skin is no better. I sound like I never saw my skin before and trust me Iíve seen enough pictures to decide nothing much has happened. Iím deeply disappointed and really sad I thought I could trust Clinique ☹
P.S I stopped using the system for a week or so and started on the PTR samples I wanted to use and in that time I really noticed that Clinique kept it at bay. In that week I was getting a few cystic acne bumps.
I will now turn to Peter Thomas Roth for some solutions, still looking for my HGs *sigh*

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by yanling1989

I've been suffering from moderate to severe acne since I was 13 and been on Accutane 2 times. 6months after the course of Accutane, my skin never fails to revert to its original acne-prone pimply state as it is before the course. My skin will always have 3 - 7 active spots at any point in time. After using this set, acne still grows at the same rate, albeit the size of each reduces by a little. I've been using this full-sized set for 1 month, will continue using till it is finished to see how it works.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by MindyC93

i've been using it for 6 weeks and my skin is the worst ever! at week 3 i thought it was going to give me a positive result but no, it was going worse and worse until now. i'm so dissapointed, given that this product is really pricey. it works only to dry out my pimples but it doesn't prevent. i have small pimples all over my face, not forgetting the super ugly scars! i went back to the consultant and he said it was just purging effect coz those were small pimples. but i'm still using it tough to finish the product because many say it takes time and it's too pricey to throw it away. i now hope that my skin will get better when i use it for longer period. but 6 weeks are considered long enough for me. god help me please. i look awful!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/18/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Dittedip

I've been using these products for 1,5 months, and they haven't improved my skin condition at all. I don't have severe acne, but I always have between two and seven irregularities in my face. I think that after two weeks of use, my pores were minimized a lot - and that is the only upside I found about this product! It has made my skin extremely dry. Not even after two layers of lotion would it moistourize my scin properly. And I now have just as many irregularities if not more. :(

I am definitely not going to spend that much money on such a poor product again. My skin is thirsting for moisture!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by TaniitaTania

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the WORST product ever !! I started to get pimples when i was 16 yrs old,.,. i actually made my skin worst buy over cleansing my skin with acne products, see i never had acne to begin with , i created acne buy cleaning my skin to much ,in my mind i thought cleaning my skin more frequent will get rid of the pimples i have on my skin but actually it made me breakout more and my skin was dry and irritated,., that's when i found out over washing your skin is bad for acne ,i was desperate and sad so i checked on Cliniques website about the acne solutions and i really wanted to buy it , i thought this product was the one that will cure my problem ,I was WRONG!! i have oily skin and this thing dried my skin so bad especially the foam cleanser and when i put on the toner it made my skin really irritated , then i put the benzoyl peroxide lotion on my face and it felt like my skin was burning and it felt like i had a greasy residue , it made my skin 10 times worst and i got depress and i was crying because i felt like i wasn't myself anymore ,i didn't want to go to school and i actually missed days of school just because of my skin problem , i was sick and tired of these "acne products" that tell you that it will cure your skin and all it did was make your skin worse ,and i quit using all of it ,Just because it costs more doesn't mean it will work better ,., i started to wash my face with Chamomile Tea because my skin was really irritated, my skin cleared up quick when i started to use the chamomile tea and my friends also noticed , i weared less makeup too, then i started to research here on the internet about Acne and fill my mind with wisdom :) , If i can go back i would changed everything i did on my skin , i was horrible to my skin. I can stress this enough,., if you have acne on your skin DON'T use Harsh products it will only make it worse!! Don't believe that saying "that it will get worse before it gets better" its a complete Lie ,. the nicer you treat you skin the nicer your skin will look.,I learned my lesson ,.,

Now i treat my skin gentle , i try using natural products to clean my skin like greek yogurt, green tea , oatmeal and chamomile tea , and to get rid of my makeup i use a Gentle cleanser called Purpose cleanser , but i don't rub on my skin i touch it as gentle as possible, and for spot treatment i use Acne.org Benzoyl peroxide 2.5%, i also moisturizer my skin ,.,,eating healthy is also a big role for you skin eat fruits and veggies,. i also drink green tea ,chamomile tea and i drink fish oil pills and I drink a zinc supplement that is good for acne ,.,. and i had moderate acne when i was 16 , i had mild acne when i was 17 ,Now i have light acne and i'm 18 ,hopefully next yr i get clear skin :)