July 24, 2014 | 2086 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Fructis Shampoo - Dry & Damaged

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Shayshay313

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I have long straight layered hair almost waist length that I keep dyed black and its pretty thick. I used this shampoo recently because my ends started to get pretty dry and it was horrible! It left a film in my hair and right after I blow dryed it my hair was extremely greasy from the leftover residue and when I ran my hands through it I had a gross sticky mess left on my hand. Maybe this shampoo works for people with terribly dry hair but if you have normal or just slightly dry hair this stuff will be too much and weigh your hair down way too much and leave it feeling slimy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by obsess1beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I must have a warped head of hair cause this works great for me whereas eveything else everyone raves about doesn't work for me at all lol. This cleansed all the nastiness from other products in my hair and in regards to moisture..ehhh it was fair. Nothing phenomenal, but what I like is that it's not drying my hair out as others have reported. I'm not getting build up either so I'm gunna stick with it unless it starts giving me ill effects. I do believe it strengthens hair with further use since I'm seeing way less hair in my comb, on the sink and elsewhere.It also combats frizz, leaving my hair super smooth so I'm satisfied.One thing I dislike however, is the pakaging. You can easily break a nail on the flip-top opening so maneuver it with caution!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by just4me2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for a shampoo to moisturize and stop, ( or at least Calm Down), dandruff. This stuff made my hair feel weird, looked oily within the first day, and did nothing for dandruff. Then I found this site.
WOW! I am now using the guides to assist me in finding the best products for my hair type, for the right price. Fabulous!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2010 3:23:00 AM More reviews by ladywish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have thick hair & had been using this shampoo along w/the matching conditioner for 6 years now wouldn't dare myself to use another brand!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by alkagift

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really, really awful. This shampoo (and the corresponding conditioner) left a weird waxy feel to my hair (fine, highlighted, wavy) and did not in any way leave it feeling healthy or moisturized. I left the bottle with my husband, who will wash his hair with anything. He actually came to me later and asked me what that "stuff" was, that it didn't rinse out and left his hair feeling stiff. He didn't use the conditioner, FWIW. Never again will I buy Garnier. Waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2009 5:11:00 PM More reviews by kiyyum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry, frizzy, fragile hair and needed a decently priced moisturizing shampoo. Unfortunately Fructis failed to help my hair. I feel that it actually stripped my hair and made it even drier. After my normal styling my hair was still frizzy, poofy, and lacked shine. After I switched to my new shampoo I realize that Fructis was causing the majority of my hair problems.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2009 10:23:00 AM More reviews by 777designz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I just finished a bottle of this stuff. It didn't seem to moisturize my dry hair at all, just very average. But I noticed now that I went back to my old shampoo that my hair doesn't feel so straw-like. So I think this shampoo actually dries out my hair, not good for a product aimed towards dry and damaged hair :/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Ruby2003

Trying yet another Shampoo for Dry/Damaged hair. I do not find this product to stand out among the rest of the drugstore shampoos. It cleans my hair. Period. I do not find that it imparts extra moisture or shine. Its an average performing product. I will probably not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by seungeh

I have pretty damaged hair from dyeing it and I used to straighten it. But anyways my hair basically gets oily but the ends are always dry. So I picked this up to maybe give me some moisture ( I used to use HE in that blue moisture line? it smells like coconuts and i loved it, but my mom was convinced by some old granny that P&G are satan worshippers so yea...) ANYWAYS this shampoo is freaking awful... it cleans really well but any basic shampoo can do that job. It lathers pretty well but then again I tend to use a lot of shampoo at a time.. so basically this cleans so well that it STRIPS the moisture out instead of adding it. The conditioner that goes with this isn't all too bad but it shouldn't be labeled for dry hair because it does what any basic conditioner does.. so overall I was unhappy with this because it really leaves my hair feeling like straw :P I just bought the Aussie Moist Shampoo and it's so much better

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by ellohpeoples

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I tried using the conditioner only, and then I got the shampoo. This shampoo goes with the conditioner(obviously), so it makes the hair even more shiny, smooth, strong, and manageable. I love it soooooo much. Go get it.