April 20, 2014 | 1864 users online

Bronzers - Giorgio Armani - Sheer Bronzer #1

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by KDBG

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only bronzer I use. I occasionally also use it as eyeshadow. As others have said its very brown in the container but it goes on sheer and light. Its not orange or muddy or bricky (not a word but appropriate). For the record I have brown eyes and a cool to neutral skin that "throws orange" at the drop of a hat - this bronzer does not do this.

I would buy again but the container has lasted forever.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by amisler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the only bronzer that has ever worked for me!!! You wouldn't think so, based on how it looks in the pan...but its perfect and I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't even remember the last time I was interested in using a bronzer. It's the one makeup product I can't stand. Frankly they scare me. On pale people like myself it usually looks obvious. My skin is so pale, and I'm a sunscreen addict so I never have anything resembling a summery glow. I've always been content with that. But lately I've been curious to try one just to give my skin a little something extra. Make that a VERY little something extra.

You know how fragrance-shy people apply their perfume by spraying it into the air then jumping through it? That's how I feel about applying bronzer. If I could sort of float the dust towards my face I would...

But I took the brave route and used my Ecotools blush brush to apply this very gently in places where I assume the sun hits naturally (trying to mimic techniques I read about in every magazine, etc). I'm so shocked at how much I love this stuff. It's really gorgeous and doesn't even look like bronzer at all. My skin looks good. For as dark as this looks in the pan it really applies sheerly. I could even become bold with my application since I can't see how this would ever look harsh or unnatural.

When I'm in a rush I just dust some of this on, add some brow gel and lipgloss and I look effortlessly put together. Never thought I could skip blush and still look like I'm alive. But this does the trick. And I love going all out and pairing a smoky, dark bronze/chocolate brown eyeshadow look with this as well.

So it looks like I have to add my raptures about the glow, natural color, incredibly subtle shimmer, and warm luminescence to the list of already great reviews. I feel like I could easily be lured into trying bronzers from every line now, but this is so amazing I don't really need to venture out there.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by haggak

THE most perfect color, texture and luminosity. Makes your skin look just gorgeous. I gave one to my sister and now she's hooked too! This is perfect ladies. Don't hesitate to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by allyson399

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This the best bronzer I have ever used. I am pretty fair and I always struggle with bronzers, so for awhile I stopped using them. However I'm going on a beachy vacation next week and I wanted something to warm up my complexion. Usually bronzers are either too orange, or too dark and end up looking muddy and dirty on me (ie Benefit Hoola). This bronzer is great because it is almost impossible to overapply. When I use this I never experience that dreaded moment when you see yourself in bright daylight and, even though you applied with a light hand, you realize your bronzer looks totally obvious. Also, it has a slight shimmer but it's hardly obvious. So if you like the color of Hoola but want something more sheer this is probably a good bet. While I love this, I can see someone who has medium or dark skin getting frustrated with it trying to make it show up. Plus, since it's $50 you don't want to be using it up too quickly. Anyway, love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by trishouna

I had already purchased the #5 bronzer, but felt like I needed to own the #1 bronzer since that was the one everyone was raving about. I was super excited to try this product, but I can't seem to get it to show on my face. After reviewing all the positive reviews, seems like most people who love the product have fair skin. I'm #3 in their Face Fabric line, so I think this product is just too light for my skin to show. When brushed on my hand, all I can see is a super super sheer hint of gold, but no color change.

For $50, I think In need something with a tad bit more color. This will be going back as I have no use for it.

Too bad! I'm still undecided about #5, it shows slightly more. People aren't joking when they say how sheer this product is. I don't know if I have time to build up color every morning with multiple swipes.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by lisztomania

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good bronzer - if you have fair skin!

I have a tan complexion and although this is nice, I have just used so much product each time just to make it show :(

Pros:
- no orange whatsoever
- buildable colour
- natural looking
- can use to contour and yet subtle enough to wear all over face for tanned glow

Cons:
- total product waste when you have tan skin. I have to countlessly swirl my brush in the pan to make it show decently on my face
- doesn't last all day on me
- sometimes gets a bit patchy?? After a few hours

Overall - it is a nice product, but I'm going to try NARS Laguna or Casino next time just for better pigmentation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Miissoni

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WHOA. This is my favorite bronzer, and it took me way too long to discover it. If you are looking for a non-orange non-shimmery natural-looking bronzer, this is it. Shade #1 is perfection. The packaging is sleek and perfect (as it goes for all GA products.) I apply this with the MAC 134 brush very quickly all over, and just can't go wrong. Looks great by itself, looks great over foundation, can be used to contour, it's just the best, it looks like a natural tan. And it's NOT even slightly orange. What I like about high quality products like this is that you don't have to put in a lot of effort to make it work, it just looks lovely on, no matter how rushed I am getting ready. I am NW20 for reference, so orange bronzer is always a concern for me, but Sheer Bronzer #1 is always natural and flattering.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by FrauleinM

This is a very light sheer bronzer and looks very natural. I am moving toward mineral makeup so will probably not buy again but for a non-mineral based powder it's pretty nice.

Correction: Haven't found a mineral based powder that looks as nice as this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by cookeyy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great bronzer! This and Benefit's Hoola are my favorites. The Armani bronzer looks sparkly in the pan but when you put it on it looks pretty matte and doesn't make me look like a teeny bopper. The color is very realistic and doesnt give the look of obvious bronzer, but the look of spending the day in the sun. I've only had this for a few weeks, so I dont know how long it's going to last me. For the price, hopefully a very long time!