September 20, 2014 | 1832 users online

Loose Powders - Lancome - Photogenic Loose powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Bought this to set Color Ideal liquid foundation and just to wear over moisturizer. My complaint is that even though the shade is Translucent it STILL has a slight skin shade to it. So I noticed that it turns a pale orange on my skin. I find this odd since on the Lancome website the shade swatch for Translucent looks almost white. The powder I bought from Nordstrom does not look white but like what I described. SO I'm not a fan of this powder due to the orange color it turns on my skin. Also the scent of this powder is too much. I wish Lancome would just stop with the heavy scenting of their products already. The rose scent in their foundations and powders is so strong and it takes like an hour to fade.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Lala201

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this powder in translucent and use it as a setting powder for my foundation in the morning, It does not look cakey or make me look washed out like many powders especially translucent powders can do. This product is a bit pricey but since I only use it a few times a day it has lasted me a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by soybean182

I purchased this product for $32 USD in translucent, as I was looking for a powder that left a dewy finish. I absolutely love how natural this looks and it is perfect for my pale, sensitive skin. I would definitely repurchase again.

Ingredients: TALC, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, NYLON-12, SILICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, DIMETHICONE,
    LAUROYL LYSINE, PANAX GINSENG / GINSENG EXTRACT, AQUA / WATER, GLYCERIN, GINKGO BILOBA / GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, ALUMINA, MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, CETYL DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN,
    [+/- MAY CONTAIN CI 15850 / D & C RED NO. 7, CI 19140 / FD & C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE, CI 42090 / FD & C BLUE NO. 1 ALUMINUM LAKE, CI 73360 / D & C RED NO. 30, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET ]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Photogenic Loose Powder is a wonderful, finely milled finishing powder that I love just as much as my HG Laura Mercier Translucent Loose. The difference between the two is in the finish; LM's gives my face a lovely matte look, while Photogenic, even though it is oil-free, gives a slightly dewy finish. Lancome has improved its shade range for the photogenic line and the once horrid orange/pink cast to the translucent is now replaced with a wonderful shade that is perfect for my pale skin. I do not specifically choose which of the two powders I will wear; it is more like whatever ends up in my hand as I search thru my train case. The only exception to this would be a hot, humid day in which case I would wear Mercier's. Nice and predictable packaging with a screw top lid and a sifter that can be removed. Standard high-end price at $32 for a bit over one ounce. This is a very good quality powder that lasts a long time. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by camelias

I use the translucent one, which I personally recommend to everyone.

This powder: (1) gives you a beautiful healthy glow, (2) very fine and soft, (3) so natural. BUT, it is not for people with oily skin who are looking for something to absorb oil from their skin. AND it's important to pick a good color for you. I used "Claire" because it matched my skin tone but it didn't do anything for me as the translucent one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by modfemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. I agree with the reviewer who says you have to apply it correctly. Firstly, I don't use the puff that comes with it. I use a big powder brush and swirl and tap into the lid. It makes me look so glowy and flawless, without even looking like I have makeup on. And it doesn't get all over my clothes. I just hate that loose powders are kind of messy, but I will forever use this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 1:11:00 AM More reviews by sparklesprinkler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is my holy grail powder. It has been for SEVEN YEARS. It gives a perfectly airbrushed, soft focus finish- sets makeup all day long and looks totally natural WHEN APPLIED CORRECTLY.

The trick to applying powder to have it look natural and beautiful is to use a good powder brush. Dip in powder a little bit. Then, swirl it in the lid of the powder jar. Next, sweep GENTLY over one side of the face- from under eye down to jaw line and from nose to ear. Do the other side of the face- dip, swirl and gently sweep over other side of face. Dip, swirl and gently sweep it over your forehead and then, dip, swirl and sweep over your nose and chin. Then, go over your whole face, WITHOUT dipping your brush in powder again. Blend gently all over. FINALLY, use a soft puff and gently press or pat all over your face. DO NOT apply powder to puff before doing this. The puff will press the powder into your face and at the same time will remove excess powder that is just sitting on top your face/foundation.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2007 11:59:00 AM More reviews by beckibear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I heard good things about this so I had to get it. I'm not sure if I expect too much or something, but I'm not all that impressed with this. It's just powder to me. It's not exactly chalky but it does seem to have a tendency to look a bit floury on my skin. I must admit I do have some very dry patches on my skin so that does not help. I don't really find that it has any special properties. I may update this when I try out my Jo Malone Finishing Powder when it arrives to see whether I just have unrealistic expectations of powders.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2006 6:07:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this powder and although it doesn't stay on my skin all day it looks GREAT when I first put it on and the tub lasts forever. Edit- 3 years later. I put this powder on again after about a year off using it and I LOVE it. I don't know why I ever quit using it. I look polished and almost airbrushed for HOURS!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2006 10:09:00 PM More reviews by agentcorona

I use this product everyday. It works ok but I am in search of another powder, I think for the price I can find something better.