October 30, 2014 | 1641 users online

Foundations - Kanebo - cream finish foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2006 5:54:00 AM More reviews by patpatpat

I thought Shiseido's Cream Foundation was good... but this is better! It's so highly pigmented you really only need the tiniest amount to cover the whole face (maybe 2/3 of what would be needed for Shiseido CF). Which is great, because it's so expensive!! I still can't believe I bought such an expensive foundation! I apply with a foundation brush for a fuller coverage. But even so, it's not a masky coverage, just extremely smooth flawless skin! Maybe it's just a matter of finding the right color match... I'm O20 and NC30. For this I use CF203. I dust over with BE Mineral Veil to set it. But yeah, there's no/not much oil control and really can't be used in the summer. I find applying with a wet sponge allows the oilies through quicker, so I can live with the fuller coverage of applying with a foundation brush! Packaging is not great... But for the great product inside, I can live with it! They don't sell Kanebo in UK anymore. House of Fraser used to stock it! Oh why didn't I try this back then? I'll definitely stock up next time I go to HK!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2006 5:15:00 PM More reviews by laceylew

Got a sample of this in the mail & tried it for 2 days in a row. It's not doing it for me & I won't be spending the $50 to buy it. It isn't bad, though. I'd say that the coverage is medium & not really full, but that is just my opinion. Also, it is by no means matte, but not an extra creamy texture either. I'm normal-to-oily & I don't think that it is an extremely creamy & oily foundation at all. However, because I am oily, it falls off of my face within several hours or so and I have to powder up often. The finish is pretty flat although it does cover pretty well. It blends very well, but something is just missing.

As far as comparing it to the lp caviar, I do not think that it compares. This is not a bad foundation, but I don't think that it is worth the price. The lp has a prettier and more youthful finish and covers a little better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2005 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Isra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this product a lot. It covers like a dream and makes my skin look beautiful. (I apply it with The Body Shop foundation brush) The staying power is also pretty good. The lightest shade is just a bit too dark for me but it's easily fixed as I mix it with a lighter foundation (Lumene Double Stay 0) But... it makes me break out.. BUT, I'm still going to continue using this, because I haven't found a better one, and I've tried a lot of them..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2005 4:51:00 PM More reviews by ergi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Last year during HG foundation search 2.0, I read about Kanebo Creme. (Search 1.0 resulted in chanel vitalumiere, which could no longer cover moderate rosacea.) It was recommended as fuller coverage and lighter color than vitalumiere liquid, with similar hydration and texture. I wish this were true. I tried a sample thankfully, and over the next week, realized again how little I like silicone-based foundations. No ingredient list, but the texture applied like latex paint, covering the surface of skin--bumps, hairs, texture all in full relief--without blending. Granted, I had no foundation brush – may well be the trick to flawless application here, but years of finger/sponge application should grant some proficiency. This was wintertime, and the Kanebo formula dried my skin further than usual, sitting like a mask over pores, then flaking. My very dry, irritation-prone skin was not happy (nor was I after a look in the mirror).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2005 5:17:00 AM More reviews by miamani

The reason I am giving this product such a high rating although it made me break out, is that is seems to be the perfect foundation for anyone that likes a nourishing foundation and does not suffer from seb. dermatitis. It is easy to apply and layer if you need extra coverage. Although my skin sometimes gets oily it stayed put. Shame about the break-out that took me a week to recover from;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2005 1:20:00 AM More reviews by anna082003

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is HG. I am so glad I went and got it even though it is so expensive. The finish is flawless and when applied with a wet sponge not masky at all. None of the other more famous brand name foundations compares to this - in both quality and price. Its really expensive but I'll gladly buy another one if it continues to perform like this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by sunshine6

Love this product. does anyone know where you can buy it anymore though? Can no longer find it anywhere. Thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2005 7:11:00 AM More reviews by farah79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS THE BEST FOUNDATION!!! Love it to death, it is so great. Covers like a dream, dewy fresh finish, great color match (302 for my winter NC25 skin, 303 for when Im NC30 and 204.5 for when Im tanned, NC35 or so). It is so pigmented, so smooth, never streaky. You may need a light dusting of powder if your skin is a bit oily. Only my case in summer. I use my MAC 190 brush to apply it, and get a flawless face everytime! Top quality foundation, unlike Shiseido cream foundation, which I disliked very much (you can read review). I have recently found out to my surprise that the liquid finish is almost just as great!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2005 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Leighna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation has very good coverage, I will give it that. I have dry skin with some acne at times, and a few scars that it covered up completely. Unfortunately, it felt caked on and uncomfortable to wear, so I tried applying it using a damp sponge, and while that helped I found that the foundation made me break out after only one day of usage. I'm not to crazy about how it deals with my dry skin either, it makes my skin look flaky even in places that it is not (for example on my nose straight after application!) After a few hours I have to wash it off because by then it has dried out my skin even more, and the flaking is much worse. This is even after having used it without a finishing powder! It is probably one of the worst foundations I have used, too bad for that price. And let's not even get me started on the unhygenic packaging, a wide neck bottle with a spatula? At least they added the spatula, but it's still not ideal. My trusty old "Smooth Results" from Maybelline is far superior and costs less. Thankfully I bought this at a duty free shop so I didn't pay full price for it. I shall not be re-purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2005 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Tigris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have fairly bad skin; I have scars/blemishes to hide and Kanebo has not let me down. I use the cream finish as it covers more than the liquid one. I have combination skin and the cream finish gets a bit shiny, but it does its job. It looks natural and it covers up everything without looking like a mask, but it does not melt into the skin though. It's not a $10 foundation, but it's worth every penny. If you try this once, my bet is you never even think about changing.

Update!
After trying Exuviance foundation and starting to use a foundation brush I would rather recommend this instead of kanebo if you have troubled skin. Kanebo feels heavier now and even a bit like a mask. I like to cover the entire face because of some redness, but with Kanebo this is difficult if I want to look natural. Another reason for recommending Exuviance instead is because my skin looks better when the makeup comes off; it covers my flaws as well as does some small wonders to my skin!