MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl

4.3

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [ /- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Pearl is a cream golden shimmery shade.

I use this mainly as a brow bone and cheekbone highlight as well as down the center of my nose.

Didn't really like it on my cupid's bow or at the center of my lips.

You do need to apply this in thin layers and using a patting motion AND set it with a similar shimmery product like Vanilla pigment.

I tried this on top of Artdeco's e/s base and Painterly, and topped it with Knight Divine, but I found that it makes my eyeshadow crease.

Not a bad product, but I don't think I'll repurchase this again. It mainly does a difference in photos if you're looking for that sheen. However, I'm more into highlighting with matte shades rather than shimmery ones as it gives more dimension and looks great in photos. This one will last me a long time though.

I love this product! It gives a really subtle glow and wears for at least 6 hours (I haven't tried longer than that). The woman at the MAC counter tried this on me and finished with Fix + spray. My skin looked amazing and glowing for the rest of the day.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really love this highlighter. I think I'm about a NC 40 but just for ref I wear MUFHD foundation and I'm a #155. I looks great on my skin tone and has a pretty good lasting power.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this because I wanted to have a highlighter for my cheekbones and my brow bone unfortunately this highlighter has no lasting power especially because I have oily skin.
Putting it on my cheekbones I felt that it made not much difference
so for me it was just a waste of money.
What I also didn't like was the packaging of this product because whether I use my clean fingers or a clean brush I seem to get dirt in the product.

I use Urban Decay's eyeshadow in Virgin (comes in the Naked Palette) as a highlighter for my brow bones and you can also dab a little onto your cheekbones to accentuate it.

I don't really see what's so great about this product. It's just not creamy enough for my liking. Maybe it's just my skin, but it's not that great when trying to blend it. There's a lot better highlighters out there IMP

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this highlighter. I received it in a swap and I ended up wearing it every day. Under my brows, a dot above the arch of my brows, on my cheekbones, a swipe down my nose, and a dot above my cupids bow and on my inner tear duct. It really just brings another whole dimension and glow to my makeup. It makes me feel like I'm a VS model when I have this on. For me, it's a crucial step. It's a beautiful iridescent shimmer not to OTT or greasy looking. The reason it doesn't get a five is because it does not last long at all. I need a highlighter that can last most of the day and this just doesn't cut it. Before noon it has completely disappeared.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of the best products I have bought from MAC. I used to be a fan of the Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle, but now that I have used this I will never go back. It's A LOT less sparkly than the MSF and much easier to work with. I was kind of hesitant to use a cream highlighter because of how oily my skin gets, but I think this looks beautiful. It's long lasting, and it's nice to find a highlighter that has a more gold base than pink because of the yellow undertones in my skin. I use this almost every day and It kills me that I've finally hit pan on it. Such an amazing product for all skin types.

PROS
I like the finish it gives
CONS
It doesn't stay on. My experience is that, after an hour it's gone.
Because of the above, I totally forget about it when I apply make up.
I dropped it on the floor, and the package broke.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really love this as a subtle highlight. I also love that I can apply it quickly with my fingers.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wanted this product for so long. I was shopping with my mom and we came near a MAC counter. I swatched this colour of my hand and compare it to Hush. The MUA asked me if I wanted some help and I said 'yes, I don't know which one to choose' so she applyed on my brow bone, and up to bone above my cheek. I founded Pearl the best because Hush was more pink and you didn't see hardly anything of Hush on the places where the MUA puts it. So I bought the Pearl on and since I've got it, I fell totally in love. Would recommend to everyone that's looking for a nice champagne highlighter!

Top Rated MAC Products