Clinique Facial Soap Extra Mild

3.2

Sodium Palmate/cocoate or palm kernelate, water purified, sodium cocyl isethionate, petrolatum, coconut acid, methyl gluceth-20, dimethicone, glycerin, sodium chloride, trisodium hedta, bht, titanium dioxide (CI 77891) [ILN6489]

once you have figured out your face hates this, try using it on your body instead- maybe your feet. its a recession, use it up!

the ugly dull green packaging confirms that this product is stranded in a bad 70s time warp.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Overall, not a bad product. In all fairness, I feel that you could probably find cheaper alternatives. Example: Dove Sensitive Beauty Bar....I will admit that this is a pretty large bar of soap and there is absolutely no fragrance and it doesn't seem to dry my face at all. I was told by my Derm that bar soaps are best for those suffering from Eczema and Seborreic Dermatitis. I really went on a splurge when I bought this and I am pretty happy with it so far. My skin seems to be pretty happy and to some degree you really can't go wrong with Clinique Products. I really am pleased with how my complexion looks after switching to this bar cleanser, it really has made a huge difference in Eczema flare ups.

Update: I had to return it, although it is a nice bar, I decided not to change my original choice which is Dove Original Beauty Bar. It is much more budget friendly and it doesn't dry my face like this did.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I like this bar quite a bit. It feels creamy and smooth when it lathers up, has no scent, removes makeup, and leaves your skin (literally) squeaky clean. I haven't experienced my skin getting overly dry when using this, I just use a moisturizer after. I like the convenience of a liquid cleanser better than a bar, but that's the only minus. I would repurchase.

This face soap gets your skin super clean but it does leave it dry. The extra-mild is the least drying. I would suggest that you only use extra mild or mild otherwise your face will be super dry.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Have been using Dove over this past 2 years but keep having breakouts. Back to this again. It's a tad drying but the best bar soap I can find that is actually proper soap, which cleans your skin thoroughly but is gentle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

While this product isn't horrible in itself, it just did not work for my skin. I picked this up when I needed to get another of my usual mild facial bars, which my Sephora was out of at the time. So I picked this up thinking it wouldn't really be that different, and boy, was I wrong. I couldn't use my normal moisturizer with it or my face would be an oil slick, and even without moisturizer, my face still got very shiny. I never have had that problem with the mild formula. I didn't even finish the bar and went out less than a week later to Sephora to see if they had the mild kind in, which thankfully, they did. I won't even use this again, so I basically wasted $12 dollars.

I love this soap. I am a big bar soap girl...liquid cleansers never give me that "super clean" feeling that I chase. I lather up in the shower and wash twice - first for removing makeup and oil etc and the second time for that squeeky clean feel. It is nowhere near as drying as the mild soap and I often get compliments on my skin (weird because I've never though I have good skin at all)...so it is obviously helping my skin in some way! Kinda expensive for a bar soap but lasts quite a while so I am willing to pay the $$$. If you don't like that squeeky clean feel that bar soap provides, then I wouldn't recommend it, but otherwise, give it a go!!!

I really love this! It doesn't make my skin feel tight or weird, instead makes it feel soft and clears blackheads brilliantly.
I see its got some terrible reviews but i love it =]

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Finally learned my lesson: a soap is a soap is a soap, "extra mild" or not, it WILL strip your skin.

I took this one back to the shop for a refund. It stripped my skin and left my face feeling dry and itchy. It's a soap, after all - it lathers up, so it must have some kind of detergent-y ingredient, surely? The Clinique consultant assured me that the bar soap is the same formula as the liquid facial soap. However, she suggested I try the Comforting Cream Cleanser instead, and even though it costs a bit more, I agreed. So far it's been fine. As for the bar soap, I don't think bar soap can be 'extra mild'. Some people seem to have no problem with it, but it was not for me.