Clinique Facial Soap Extra Mild

3.1

Sodium Palmate/cocoate or palm kernelate, water purified, sodium cocyl isethionate, petrolatum, coconut acid, methyl gluceth-20, dimethicone, glycerin, sodium chloride, trisodium hedta, bht, titanium dioxide (CI 77891) [ILN6489]

on 10/9/2012 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Overall, not a bad product. In all fairness, I feel that you could probably find cheaper alternatives. Example: Dove Sensitive Beauty Bar....I will admit that this is a pretty large bar of soap and there is absolutely no fragrance and it doesn't seem to dry my face at all. I was told by my Derm that bar soaps are best for those suffering from Eczema and Seborreic Dermatitis. I really went on a splurge when I bought this and I am pretty happy with it so far. My skin seems to be pretty happy and to some degree you really can't go wrong with Clinique Products. I really am pleased with how my complexion looks after switching to this bar cleanser, it really has made a huge difference in Eczema flare ups.

Update: I had to return it, although it is a nice bar, I decided not to change my original choice which is Dove Original Beauty Bar. It is much more budget friendly and it doesn't dry my face like this did.

on 9/11/2012 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like this bar quite a bit. It feels creamy and smooth when it lathers up, has no scent, removes makeup, and leaves your skin (literally) squeaky clean. I haven't experienced my skin getting overly dry when using this, I just use a moisturizer after. I like the convenience of a liquid cleanser better than a bar, but that's the only minus. I would repurchase.

on 1/23/2012 3:31:00 AM

This face soap gets your skin super clean but it does leave it dry. The extra-mild is the least drying. I would suggest that you only use extra mild or mild otherwise your face will be super dry.

on 1/2/2011 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Have been using Dove over this past 2 years but keep having breakouts. Back to this again. It's a tad drying but the best bar soap I can find that is actually proper soap, which cleans your skin thoroughly but is gentle.

on 9/6/2010 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

While this product isn't horrible in itself, it just did not work for my skin. I picked this up when I needed to get another of my usual mild facial bars, which my Sephora was out of at the time. So I picked this up thinking it wouldn't really be that different, and boy, was I wrong. I couldn't use my normal moisturizer with it or my face would be an oil slick, and even without moisturizer, my face still got very shiny. I never have had that problem with the mild formula. I didn't even finish the bar and went out less than a week later to Sephora to see if they had the mild kind in, which thankfully, they did. I won't even use this again, so I basically wasted $12 dollars.

on 7/4/2010 9:14:00 AM

I love this soap. I am a big bar soap girl...liquid cleansers never give me that "super clean" feeling that I chase. I lather up in the shower and wash twice - first for removing makeup and oil etc and the second time for that squeeky clean feel. It is nowhere near as drying as the mild soap and I often get compliments on my skin (weird because I've never though I have good skin at all)...so it is obviously helping my skin in some way! Kinda expensive for a bar soap but lasts quite a while so I am willing to pay the $$$. If you don't like that squeeky clean feel that bar soap provides, then I wouldn't recommend it, but otherwise, give it a go!!!

on 3/30/2010 4:04:00 AM

I really love this! It doesn't make my skin feel tight or weird, instead makes it feel soft and clears blackheads brilliantly.
I see its got some terrible reviews but i love it =]

on 3/25/2010 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Finally learned my lesson: a soap is a soap is a soap, "extra mild" or not, it WILL strip your skin.

on 2/28/2010 1:14:00 AM

I took this one back to the shop for a refund. It stripped my skin and left my face feeling dry and itchy. It's a soap, after all - it lathers up, so it must have some kind of detergent-y ingredient, surely? The Clinique consultant assured me that the bar soap is the same formula as the liquid facial soap. However, she suggested I try the Comforting Cream Cleanser instead, and even though it costs a bit more, I agreed. So far it's been fine. As for the bar soap, I don't think bar soap can be 'extra mild'. Some people seem to have no problem with it, but it was not for me.

on 6/25/2009 2:13:00 PM

This stuff dried out my skin, though not nearly as much as the liquid version. After using it for about a week, I noticed my face felt and looked dry. Upon close examination in the mirror, I could see that it was dehydrated. Though it makes my skin feel clean, it's just not worth it. I'll keep it on hand for those rare times (during the summer) that I feel the psychological need for a bar of soap to make my face feel pure and clean, but I can't justify buying it again, and at the rate I'll use it, the bar will outlast it usability.