December 20, 2014 | 1176 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Clear Skin Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Jenny297

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about 4 months now. I am still unsure if i really like it. It seems to work, but then again i still break out. It is almost maintaining my skin condition, so it's not making it worse but not really clearing it up either. However, i do notice my skin tone improving quite abit. Also it really hydrates my skin and i don't need to apply any moisturizer afterwards (which is rare for me). I can't really say if the "retinol" in it is helping with any wrinkles or not. I also have read that retinols and S.A.or any AHA/BHA when used together (can) cancel each other out?. So..this product has helped with my acne, but has not totally cured it. I will continue to use it until i find something better!. I use it once a day at night for treatment of acne. I did use it twice a day but did not notice it working any better. I now use Finacea Gel rec.by my Derm in the a.m. (you can read my review on Finacea here also)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by jenib

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been a Dermalogica user for years, but just this fall/winter when the weather started to turn, my normal Dermalogia moisturizer was not seeming to "cut it". My skin felt tight and dry and flaky all the time. I'm also approaching my mid-30's, so I thought a moisturizer with an anti-aging/wrinkle effect may be beneficial. So, I hopped on MUA and did a search and, based on the reviews for this product, I ran to Ulta and picked it up.

Sadly, after 1 month of use, I'm on the fence with this product...I won't give it a completely horrible review because it did have some good qualities, but....

Pros: It seems to moisturize well and makes my face feel really good (not tight, dry, and not overly-oily either). My cheeks feel super soft and smooth. My pore size on my cheeks seems to have gotten smaller, and my skin tone is definitely more even and seems to have a nice bit of a "glow" to it.

Cons: Since I started using this product, I have started breaking out like you would not believe....worse than I have ever broken out as an adult (I'm now 33). Big, infected, icky, sore, pus-filled pimples that continuously pop up literally in crops around my mouth, chin, and cheekbone areas. I typically have pretty clear skin and am only bothered by an occasional blemish, but I am all of a sudden breaking out like crazy. As soon as one pimple clears up, another pops up...and I am getting several at a time. They are so big and infected that they are taking days and days to dry up. Because of this, I have to heap a BP spot-treatment cream on these blemishes which is now making my skin blotchy and red in the areas I have to treat with BP. I am actually EMBARASSED by my skin right now, and I have not felt that way since I was 13 years old with hormonal teenage acne.

I really wanted to like this product, but I think it's back to Dermalogica I go until I find something else that works better for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 3:27:00 AM More reviews by sidrahhaque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this product by my dermatologist, midway my acne treatment - and i don't think i've ever used anything that does exactly like it advertises, so quickly! it smoothens out your skin, giving a more even feel to it. i've been using it for the anti-blemish properties, but the anti-wrinkle part comes as a bonus. i've noticed a visible reduction in my post-acne marks (but that could be down to the other acne medications i've been taking). i absolutely love this product and will continue on with usage permanently. one tube of cream has lasted me nearly 2-and-a-half months, well worth the money (thats why i gave it a three-star for price).

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 5:47:00 AM More reviews by detroitlioness

I grabbed this off the shelf because Meijer didn't have what I actually wanted, and I needed a moisturizer badly. I am so pleasantly surprised. This makes my skin feel so soft, and I'm young enough that I'm not really dealing with wrinkles, but it does make my skin look smoother. The biggest reason I will continue to pay $13 for 1 oz. of product is this: I have had these hard, mystery bumps appear on my chin that do not pop, and I can't stop myself from picking at. If I even scratch them a little bit, they scab, darken, and raise (probably should get them looked at). BUT after using this cream, they've flattened all the way out, and they're barely noticeable. With the exception of the occasional single-zit occurrence, my face is always smooth, soft, and glowing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using Neutrogena's Anti-Wrinkle cream religiously for 6 years but needed something to treat pimples since my skin's been acting up lately. After trying the Clear Skin cream I'm officially a convert. Overnight, my skin texture was much smoother, pores diminished, skin color healthy and glowing, and a swollen cystic pimple on my chin was reduced to half its size. I had some bumps (soon to become pimples) on my forehead, cheeks, and chin yesterday but today they were flattened. I really hope that my skin won't get used to this moisturizer because it's working really well for me. I've been using what's left of my Anti-Wrinkle cream on my eyes, since I think the salicylic acid in the clear skin cream would be too drying/irritating for the eye area. The only downside of this cream is that it has no SPF so I have to use a separate sunscreen.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by ancal89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this at night for I guess two months now and I feel like it's making my skin worse. Before I was only using Clinique's Acne Solutions Face and Body Bar and my skin looked better than it had in years. I thought I would get even better results with this added to my night routine.

I know with any new acne treatment you start your skin may get worse before it gets better, but after so many weeks or months with no good results you kind of have to admit that the product sucks. I'm going to keep using this for another few weeks but if I continue getting constant numerous breakouts like I have now then I will have to stop. Not saying this is a horrible product, it just won't work for everybody.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by kelblu

I am really happy with this product. I ran out to buy it based on the reviews here and so far my skin looks alot better. I felt like my skin looked dull and I always seem to have a breakout. So I thought that this would help in both areas. I have to say that I see a glow and luminousity and a more youthful appearance to my skin. I put this on at night after I wash my face and in the morning I just moisturize. My pores look tighter and the fine lines are hardly there anymore. I'm definitely going to keep using this!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by tvance12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im actually using the CVS version of the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle, Anti-Blemish Cream. I've been using now for nearly 2 weeks. So far Im impressed. The CVS version has the same ingredients with the same percentages as the neutrogena brand and it's a few bucks cheaper. This product also has a very pleasant smell. I put it on once per day under my makeup. My skin is EXTREMELY oily - in fact, after a few hours, I have to dab my face with tissue to absorb some of the oil - it's insane. This product, in the short amount of time I've been using it, works. My skin is clearing up, becoming more youthful in appearance and smoother - my tone seems to be evening back out. My skin feels tighter too! I have very acne prone skin, the sebum and oil builds up in my already oversized pores and one thing leads to another and before you know it, my skin looks nasty, oily and I can push the sebum out of the skin on my nose, on my chin, it looks like little white worms when you push them out. It's gross, I know. This product seems to be helping with this problem. I'll keep you posted

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm disappointed. I bought this based on reviews, and I thought it would be a great 2-in-1 product. I didn't really have acne or blemishes to speak of, but I thought the salicylic acid and retinol would provide clarity to my skin and prevent wrinkles. What I got instead were several blemishes where the cream was applied, and my skin is normally clear. At first I didn't blame the product and kept using it, and the blemishes persisted. I've now stopped and am allowing my skin to clear up.

My husband also tried to use this, and within a couple days, he got large, deep blemishes on different spots of his face, even though he has clear, but oily, skin.

I had also broken out from another retinol moisturizer in the past, so maybe retinols just don't work for me. I don't know. I'm giving up on this stuff and sticking with sunblock and grapeseed oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by michtou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I quit smoking in July and have been on a quest to improve my skin and make a new start. I have normal skin, olive complexion. I suffered from cystic acne in my teens and then mixed, spotty skin until I went on Accutane at 28. Since then I've stayed out of the sun, but have smoked intermittently.
To counteract fine lines I've been using RoC Correxion serum at night and Neutrogena Ageless Intensives spf 30 moisturizer in the day. After about a month I noticed that my tone was even and my pores were reduced. But when I began using the Anti-Wrinkle/Anti-Blemish creme at night, my skin improved drastically. I love it because:
-no dryness
-markedly improved tone
-pores seem reduced over a period of about 2 weeks
-rosy glow
-my skin is so soft!

I don't think this will reduce age/sun spots, but otherwise I think this is excellent value for money. My new HG and I want to shout about it! :)