July 22, 2014 | 2055 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam III

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by moonunits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am definitely not a lipstick person, although I have had various love affairs with different glosses and lipsticks throughout my makeup wearing years. On a whim, my friend convinced me to borrow her Viva Glam III, and I fell in love. I have really never thought of myself as the kind of person who wears dark lipstick, but it is flattering and not so 'goth' that I feel uncomfortable. It doesn't hurt that she shade is pretty universally flattering. It looks good on me (and I'm very fair with pink undertones), my friend (olive skin with yellow undertones), and another friend of ours who has a medium-dark complexion. I love that it gives back to charity, and I will definitely be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by dahliakatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous. Kind of a universal flatterer. This colour has a few different colours in it, I'm sure it'd look great on almost anyone.

Great staying power. A soft almost-red, matte. Dress up or down. Classic style.

Yeah, I'd say it's definitely darker and less vivid than the swatch, but equally lovely, and you can't beat the smooth velvety matte look. It doesn't seem to need a liner, either.

Winner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I bought this lipstick after seeing a Youtube video where the girl was wearing it - although her video was about a bunch of other lipsticks. I fell in love immediately. Luckily she had mentioned the name in the note and I purchased it at once, which is rare as I usually check out blogs and reviews before buying.

I lovvvvve this lipstick. While it doesn't look anything like the pictures shown here, it fits better with the plum description. It's sooo flattering. It's a lovely matte finish, highly pigmented and quite moisturising as far as matte lipsticks go. It has decent staying power too.

The other day I was at MAC and even the SA was wearing it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the plum-red-berry shade of this lipstick. Very heavily pigmented and therefore a bit drying, but if you layer over lip balm, it works. It's a very deep version of a natural lip color. Very flattering to cooler skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 8:44:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the concept behind the Viva Glam lipsticks - it's always gratifying to see corporations doing something to "give back" or help. And I loved the look of Viva Glam III when I tried it....in store. It looked so wearable and almost unnoticeable (ie not too dark) - sort of "my lips but better". Then I got it home. I rarely wear it because it's just sort of too dark and almost "muddy" looking on me and I found it rather dry in texture as well. I just "rediscovered it" the other day, while looking for a particular tube of lip gloss - I used it so rarely that I'd forgot I even have it. With autumn here, I might just give it another try, perhaps with some Carmex under or on top (or both?) to see if I like it any better. But I don't think I'd repurchase, to be honest, as it just wasn't all that great for me, personally. Maybe I need to check out some of the other Viva Glam shades that have come out since this one was launched.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This lipstick is a very nice shade of Red. Itīs something in between Red and Pink with a hint of Coral. Very flattering for any complexion. However, itīs very dry and opaque. I would have prefered a more sheer texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

love this plumb color! it is dry but i put chapstick on first then this and then gloss over and im good to go!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Viva Glam III, where have you been all my life?! I can't believe I'm just now discovering this lipstick. I went to MAC looking for a pretty pink shade and ended up with this--which is somewhere between pink and red. Very flattering with my skin tone (NC44). It's great--I love how a quick swipe gives me that just-bitten look and heavier application gives me a more sultry one. It is a little drying on the lips, but then it is a matte. I love it--a new staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by arleen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the color that I can't be without. It's my staple lipstick. It works perfectly for my skin tone (light/medium). Lasts all day at work and I work 12 hours. I can make it look dark for evening wear and lighten it up with a lighter color gloss on top of it for day wear. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by feralstrumpet

This is my default lippy. It really makes my NC15 skin glow. It can be worn straight from the tube for a 1940s raisin-y vamp look, or lightly blotted and layered with balm or gloss for something more natural. I also use it as blush. The only drawback is the packaging-- it often cracks or the lippy will break from the tube.