October 24, 2014 | 1712 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam III

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by SiSantita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go to color when I wanna do a darker look... Line my lips with night moth and add this and blend tooooo perfect!!! Great color for darker skin ladies

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by chanelchick22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the formula of all the Viva Glam lipsticks. When you go darker, you want matte, IMO. The color is different for me as I am normally a red lipstick girl (I wear Viva Glam 1 as my every day) but the SA talked me into this and it's pretty for a change. The swatch shown is way off. This is a plummish hue;not anywhere as vivid as shown. I like that I can do a more dramatic eye with this lipstick, as opposed to a red lip, so I will probably wear this mainly at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Randl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My favorite lipstick of all time. I am very pale with reddish brown hair and grey eyes and it seriously looks better than any other lipstick I have tried. It's a raisiny red that just happens to complement my complextion perfectly...which is rare! It is on the darker end of the spectrum but is totally acceptable for daily wear. Typical MAC: matte, Long lasting, can be drying at times

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by moonunits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am definitely not a lipstick person, although I have had various love affairs with different glosses and lipsticks throughout my makeup wearing years. On a whim, my friend convinced me to borrow her Viva Glam III, and I fell in love. I have really never thought of myself as the kind of person who wears dark lipstick, but it is flattering and not so 'goth' that I feel uncomfortable. It doesn't hurt that she shade is pretty universally flattering. It looks good on me (and I'm very fair with pink undertones), my friend (olive skin with yellow undertones), and another friend of ours who has a medium-dark complexion. I love that it gives back to charity, and I will definitely be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by dahliakatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous. Kind of a universal flatterer. This colour has a few different colours in it, I'm sure it'd look great on almost anyone.

Great staying power. A soft almost-red, matte. Dress up or down. Classic style.

Yeah, I'd say it's definitely darker and less vivid than the swatch, but equally lovely, and you can't beat the smooth velvety matte look. It doesn't seem to need a liner, either.

Winner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I bought this lipstick after seeing a Youtube video where the girl was wearing it - although her video was about a bunch of other lipsticks. I fell in love immediately. Luckily she had mentioned the name in the note and I purchased it at once, which is rare as I usually check out blogs and reviews before buying.

I lovvvvve this lipstick. While it doesn't look anything like the pictures shown here, it fits better with the plum description. It's sooo flattering. It's a lovely matte finish, highly pigmented and quite moisturising as far as matte lipsticks go. It has decent staying power too.

The other day I was at MAC and even the SA was wearing it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the plum-red-berry shade of this lipstick. Very heavily pigmented and therefore a bit drying, but if you layer over lip balm, it works. It's a very deep version of a natural lip color. Very flattering to cooler skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 8:44:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the concept behind the Viva Glam lipsticks - it's always gratifying to see corporations doing something to "give back" or help. And I loved the look of Viva Glam III when I tried it....in store. It looked so wearable and almost unnoticeable (ie not too dark) - sort of "my lips but better". Then I got it home. I rarely wear it because it's just sort of too dark and almost "muddy" looking on me and I found it rather dry in texture as well. I just "rediscovered it" the other day, while looking for a particular tube of lip gloss - I used it so rarely that I'd forgot I even have it. With autumn here, I might just give it another try, perhaps with some Carmex under or on top (or both?) to see if I like it any better. But I don't think I'd repurchase, to be honest, as it just wasn't all that great for me, personally. Maybe I need to check out some of the other Viva Glam shades that have come out since this one was launched.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This lipstick is a very nice shade of Red. Itīs something in between Red and Pink with a hint of Coral. Very flattering for any complexion. However, itīs very dry and opaque. I would have prefered a more sheer texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

love this plumb color! it is dry but i put chapstick on first then this and then gloss over and im good to go!!