November 28, 2014 | 915 users online

Styling Products - Rusk - deepshine phyto-marine lusterizer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 12:27:00 PM More reviews by tobytipper

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked Rusk Deep Shine a lot anyway, but now that I've found a new way of applying it I think it has become my favorite hair product. Used to put this on somewhat air dryed hair, just before blowing dry. I now distribute this through my hair immediately after rinsing and towel drying so my hair is still plenty wet- just hang my upside down, work thru pea size amount through the length and blow dry when I'm ready. I swear, this isn't the hair I've been stuck with for so long, after trying many, many money wasters. Silky, soft, shiny, healthy hair that I can't keep my hands away from is what I have with this stuff. Even better, somehow, I get an extra 2 or 3 days of good hair between shampoos. I'd give this extra lippies if I could.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 10:14:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fabulous product and does what it states it can do. I have long, wavy/curly hair and lately I have been setting my hair with hot rollers and this product helps alot with giving me great shine and truly acts as a lusterizer. I put some on my hair and comb it straight and let it air dry, then add another dab and set with my rollers and my hair does not look dry, etc. but instead I have shiny curls ...... since I do not wish to fry my hair out which is why I normally do not use heat appliances on my hair, I also wash my hair every other day and in my between days, use a dab on my hair, and it looks refreshed. Great product and I highly recommend ..... next time I will use this when I am air drying my hair wavy as I normally do and see how this product works on my hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2008 12:19:00 PM More reviews by MAS520

Let me start my describing my hair. I have medium thick wavy hair that's prone to frizz. I live in like 90% humidity so my thick hair blows up when I air dry usually.
I like using this after I shower when my hair is still damp. Only use a small amount, pea sized to the size of a quarter...depending on hair length and density, otherwise your hair will look greasy and weighed down. If I air dry my hair it's more tame and my waves look soft and manageable. The problem is that my hair is way to thick to do this natural look. But if you have fine/medium hair that's wavy... this would be BEAUTIFUL! This product also makes your hair really shiny and soft when you heat style. It's all the product I need these days.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by msjules

This is a fabulous product. I use about a pea size drop on my fingertips and run it through while my hair is still damp and then blow dry and/or flat iron. For reference I have thick shoulder length semi course hair. The fragrance is not overwhelming and does dissipate after awhile.(unlike Aquage Straightening Ultragel, horrible lingering fragrance and the product is greasy) I could not say if this is the best in it's category, as I am a minimalist when it comes to messing with my hair and I am rediculously frugal so the price may be offputting to some(14.30 plus tax). But I would purchase again as it does leave my hair shiny without feeling greasy or silicon-ee. I like to wash my hair only every other day and with this product I can still maintain that schedule as it does not hasten the greasiness factor. I get compliments all the time on how shiny and healthy my hair looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 1:40:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Superb. I totally love this product. I have been bleaching and straightening my hair since I was thirteen and Im now twenty three....only recently has my hair started to be a little rebellious. Well, I cant change my coloring ways :p so I started using this, since I remembered one of my ex-stylists used it on me years ago. Honestly it has left my hair so soft and manageable, instead of rough and rebellious. Before I had to fight with my hair to blow dry it, and broke quite a few strands of hair in the process too, but this just made it sooo easy and smooth. NO BUILD UP is the best part of this product. I just smoothed it into my hair after using Enjoy shampoo and conditioner (my HG) and it seems to complement them perfectly. I havent tried the rusk deepshine marine shampoo and conditioner so far but I am so impressed with this lightweight, high performing product that I may just give them a try. My hair feels silky, smooth, and naturally shiny with no build up at the roots or throughtout the length of the hair. Love it. HUGE RAVE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

the price tag on this is a bit steep... but if used sparingly it is worth every penny..

it gives my hair gorgeous luster and is a perfect pick me up between hair washings... i have (formerly) curly, (currently) severely bleach damaged hair that breaks off, and i use a TON of styling products to tame the frizz (mostly a serum and mousse).. this does wonders for me.. a product i ALWAYS turn to for my nights out... it has a beautiful subtle shimmer to it that doesnt show in your hair as shimmer at all... but gives it a healthy sheen, and keeps it nice and soft..

dont let the price turn you off... this product is well worth it

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Lapieper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product. 13 bucks. Great for blowout or airdry. Got to love the 13.00 price tag. Use sparingly.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 12:37:00 AM More reviews by laylamrose

MY MUST HAVE PRODUCT, I USE THIS EVERYDAY!!! If you have dry hair, or hair that you straighten out or even wavy hair you need this. I don't know what some people are complaining about the smell, it smells clean and fresh!! I drove 45 miles to buy this product because they don't sell it where I live. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 2:49:00 PM More reviews by vidlyvid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite daily hair controlling product - my stylist used it on me years ago and I've never gone without it since. Mostly i use it before blowdrying, but this summer i used less and let my hair air-dry, and it brought out really nice waves that normally just look like frizz. I've tried other products but I'm pretty settled on this one now, although I wish they would sell it in a smaller container for air travel (in the perfect universe...)
Anyway I definitely recommend it for anyone with fine but not straight hair, like mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2007 12:16:00 PM More reviews by jennyleon

I bought this product after a stylist recommended it. It does leave hair shiny and soft. I apply it from the middle part of my hair going down. It is expensive, but since I wash my hair 2 or 3 times per week, it has lasted a long time. Highly recommend it.