April 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Shadowy Lady

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by papillon212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful dark purple perfect for the crease of a purple smoky eye. I pair it with Shale, Pink Freeze and Vanilla.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by supermer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This looks beautiful with my green eyes and looks beautiful with my other MAC shadows. I use it in my crease or outer V with Satin Taupe, Knight Divine, and Quarry. To be so dark, it's very sheer. Also very build-able too though, so it works for day and night.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by sexylovie84

this eyeshadow is not what I expected, it is very sheer which is weird. it adds a nice crease color but that's about it. good for when you want smoky but not too dark.

****EDIT**** after a few uses, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!!! it's such a unique product :) LOVE it in my crease.. perfect daytime smoky looks :) can also be used with ANY shadow! happy happy happy :) such a nice alternative to dark brown/black shadow :) :) :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by whatisaspacebar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

A great colour for green eyes- as all dark purples seem to be. It takes several applications to make it show up on your skin which is annoying- but it blends really well and you can build and build and build it on. I found that if I apply a "base" shadow, something gold or beige like mac's kid first, then shadowy lady isn't so "shadowy" as it were and takes fewer applications to make it "solid". If you're after a matt shadow that goes on strongly, I'd recommend you check out some of the Revlon eyeshadows. I would repurchase this colour because I like the way it blends with other colours and compliments my eye colour, but perhaps it's not for everyone. I encourage people to try before they buy.

EDIT: I dug into my pan a little to get a powdery amount on my fingertip. It goes on amazingly heavily that way and is easy to blend. It's a great colour when it decides to show up! I'll probably repurchase because it's so flattering to my green eyes. Still love Revlon's Lavender Meadow eyeshadow the best though.

All mac products are expensive in Australia due to the import tax so I've rated it accordingly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Tifmcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The reviews here aren't that great... but I wouldn't trust them.

The shadow is a perfect crease color. The plum tone compliments green eyeslike you would not believe.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by MeghAshley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really excited for this eyeshadow, but quickly got disappointed after I tried to wear it. The color payoff is not great. It goes on very sheer, However, with more use, I've found ways I like to use it. It's great to darken up the outer corner without it looking bold, and I also like to use it as a liner sometimes (I have to wet my angle brush first though or it just won't show up). I was hoping that this eyeshadow would be a lot more pigmented but I am glad to have it in my collection and I can definitely find some use for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Lotionaddict69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

Honestly, I was a little nervous about this shadow because the reviews here aren't the greatest. But it's actually one of my favorite colors that I bought. Makes a *great* liner. It also makes my green eyes POP. I can't rave enough about this shadow. If I ever hit pan then I will definitely repurchase. I will warn you though if you want really pigmented blackish/purple then this is not the color for you. It goes on very sheer, which is perfect for me because I can't pull off almost blacks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Beautiful dark purple in the pan, but doesn't apply that way at all, this has no pigmentation at all, you can swatch and swatch and get nothing out of it. It's really too bad. I got mine brand new from a MAC store so I know there is nothing wrong with it... totally disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by modmaja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love matte shadows, but this one is terrible! As others have mentioned, it doesn't apply evenly and is difficult to blend out. I love the idea of this color as a nice alternative to black, but it is so dry and hard to work with. It even takes some effort to use it as a liner as the color comes off so sheer. There are much better matte shadows out there, including many in the MAC range that have a totally different texture. This color is a definite flop--don't waste your money!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by jls517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While the color is pretty (MAC MA gave me this to go with Satin Taupe) and I don't mind that it's sheer (I'd rather build up the color myself) this goes on so splotchy. I've pretty much given up on it as a crease color, but it makes and EXCELLENT shadow for eyeliner. I don't even wet my brush, just dab it on and it creates a beautiful soft eyeliner.