September 1, 2014 | 1015 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Shadowy Lady

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 5:45:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

Shadowy Lady is a beautiful squid ink purpley black with a hint of navy blue. if this had better pigmentation, it would be a top pick for me.
this is a Matte finish, which usually means that it takes a little effort to really get that great pigmentation. but you can always achieve a brilliant result. a lot of my MAC colours are Matte and many of them are my favourite colours. the problem with Shadowy Lady is that you can't really build the shade up to its full potential. it's as if i could go in with my brush over and over again and am not be able to add any more colour past a certain point! when i do manage to build it up to look alright, the end result is always patchy. i even noticed it in photographs. i have never been happy with a look when i've used this colour. i personally just didn't have a good experience with this one so i wouldn't recommend it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by kelsielilly

I bought this shadow when I was brunette and I loved using it to create a smoky eye! I used it on the outer V of my eye and applied it pretty dark with some dark brown shades and it went on and blended rather nicely! However I'm blonde now so I use it on my lids where my upper lashes are as a bit of a liner! I love that it isn't harsh like liquid or pencil liners and the deep purple makes my green eyes pop! I also use it just very lightly at the V of my eye for a night time look! It helps keep my make up looking natural and not too harsh with my light skin and hair but does give me a bit of drama! love love love!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Riverso

It is my go-to eyeshadow #1! I am a huge dark smokey eyes person, so I use it almost every day, and the thing is that although it might appear pretty dark it shows up on my very wearable, natural, not garish and of course, not vulgar. It is an amazing product. I am happy that a MUA at the Mac's counter once suggested it to me and she was raving about it. So I decided to give a try and who knew that it would be my absolute staple eyeshadow that I reach for almost every day as I said. The color is so interesting it is a deep dark purple, so it's really unique and versatile.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Aether

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A beautiful, smoky, deep purple that looks lovely in the crease combined with Shale and a smidge of Satin Taupe. Looks great with Trax too.
I do find this one quite blotchy and hard to blend compared to other MAC eyeshadows, which is a shame as it does stop me from reaching for it as often as I would. For this reason I probably wouldn't repurchase as one of my main reasons for going to MAC is their great texture and ease of blending.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by papillon212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful dark purple perfect for the crease of a purple smoky eye. I pair it with Shale, Pink Freeze and Vanilla.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by supermer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This looks beautiful with my green eyes and looks beautiful with my other MAC shadows. I use it in my crease or outer V with Satin Taupe, Knight Divine, and Quarry. To be so dark, it's very sheer. Also very build-able too though, so it works for day and night.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by sexylovie84

this eyeshadow is not what I expected, it is very sheer which is weird. it adds a nice crease color but that's about it. good for when you want smoky but not too dark.

****EDIT**** after a few uses, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!!! it's such a unique product :) LOVE it in my crease.. perfect daytime smoky looks :) can also be used with ANY shadow! happy happy happy :) such a nice alternative to dark brown/black shadow :) :) :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by whatisaspacebar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

A great colour for green eyes- as all dark purples seem to be. It takes several applications to make it show up on your skin which is annoying- but it blends really well and you can build and build and build it on. I found that if I apply a "base" shadow, something gold or beige like mac's kid first, then shadowy lady isn't so "shadowy" as it were and takes fewer applications to make it "solid". If you're after a matt shadow that goes on strongly, I'd recommend you check out some of the Revlon eyeshadows. I would repurchase this colour because I like the way it blends with other colours and compliments my eye colour, but perhaps it's not for everyone. I encourage people to try before they buy.

EDIT: I dug into my pan a little to get a powdery amount on my fingertip. It goes on amazingly heavily that way and is easy to blend. It's a great colour when it decides to show up! I'll probably repurchase because it's so flattering to my green eyes. Still love Revlon's Lavender Meadow eyeshadow the best though.

All mac products are expensive in Australia due to the import tax so I've rated it accordingly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Tifmcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The reviews here aren't that great... but I wouldn't trust them.

The shadow is a perfect crease color. The plum tone compliments green eyeslike you would not believe.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by MeghAshley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really excited for this eyeshadow, but quickly got disappointed after I tried to wear it. The color payoff is not great. It goes on very sheer, However, with more use, I've found ways I like to use it. It's great to darken up the outer corner without it looking bold, and I also like to use it as a liner sometimes (I have to wet my angle brush first though or it just won't show up). I was hoping that this eyeshadow would be a lot more pigmented but I am glad to have it in my collection and I can definitely find some use for it.